Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Carlow

Options
  • 02-06-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Looking to join a gym in carlow and was looking for a bit of advice.

Took a look at the Seven Oaks, McFits, the Talbot and that place in church street, used to be called corky's.

Which is the better of these? McFits have all the machines you could want and is spacous with a relatively large free weights areas but is missing the a swimming pool which even I guess is a small loss but sure would be nice to be able to take a dip from time to time. and is only €300 for the year.

The Seven Oaks on the other hand has a pool but very small free weights area and is €450 to join. Oh and it opens at 7 in the morning. I reakon its better value but can anyone tell me what how busy these places are as I cant imagine that waiting around to use stuff is great value for money.

Anyone a member of anywhere in carlow or have any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭rossi272

Hi,
    I had a look around the eire og gym last night and for an annual fee of 400e you're not going to get much better... I know it doesn't have a pool but you have the use of the running track outside and its the most modern and best laid out gym i have seen around the area. I'll be travelling from Tullow to use it. Beats paying 650 in Mt. Wolsely where you have to pay in one go and there are no direct debit payment options

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

forgot about the Eire Og, Think i'll head up there and check it out now.
    Let you know what I think

rossi272 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I had a look around the eire og gym last night and for an annual fee of 400e you're not going to get much better... I know it doesn't have a pool but you have the use of the running track outside and its the most modern and best laid out gym i have seen around the area. I'll be travelling from Tullow to use it. Beats paying 650 in Mt. Wolsely where you have to pay in one go and there are no direct debit payment options

+1 to this, great gym, will be joining it in the coming weeks after I iron out a few things. Only gym I seen better is the new watershed in Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭rossi272

sharky86 wrote: »
    +1 to this, great gym, will be joining it in the coming weeks after I iron out a few things. Only gym I seen better is the new watershed in Kilkenny.
    yeah I'm flat out with work but will be down there next week to join up..seeya down there

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TowerIRL

I'm in the seven oaks at the moment and a few mates are up in the éire óg, they say its grand up there for what they want. I find the seven oaks great, after a good workout there's the sauna ateam room jacuzzi and pool to relax, you'd feel like a new man coming out of it lol.
    The weights area is grand, any time I'm there, there might be one or two others there at the most so you definitely wouldn't be waiting. Only time i ever saw it busy was afternoon on a saturday. Well worth the money IMO and everyone is helpful and friendly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

hey
    i dont know if anybody woud know the answer but
    how much is it for the summer in the talbot gym? i know they had
    student deals last summer but i cant find any information about it
    thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

you can use McFit Gym now for €300 per yr, €180 for 6 months, €40 PM, or €5 per session..... Dont think any of the other gyms can match that.

yea its great value but in case just still not affordable.

300euro is a fair amount to throw out in the one go.
    and 5e a time doesnt be long adding up.

I'm not sure if they have a direct debit option down there do they?
    Didnt when I went in anyway unless I'm completely wrong.

forget that last post. didnt see the 40 per month:)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

40pm. I might just give that i shot myself. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Glad to be of Assistance ;)

Advertisement