Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch: Summer 2010

Options

Comments

Best dynamics will be from 2100h to 0200h across the southeast, heavy radar echoes now visible on edge of UK metoffice reach from southeast, bad time for Shannon to be down but the satellite imagery and hourly-scale model runs indicate deepening potential.

Would expect this to get at least modestly electrical in an hour or two, and there is potential for a significant event -- as we know, Dublin specializes in the after-midnight thunderstorm. :D

MT, you are a diamond!!! :) Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Best dynamics will be from 2100h to 0200h across the southeast, heavy radar echoes now visible on edge of UK metoffice reach from southeast, bad time for Shannon to be down but the satellite imagery and hourly-scale model runs indicate deepening potential.

Would expect this to get at least modestly electrical in an hour or two, and there is potential for a significant event -- as we know, Dublin specializes in the after-midnight thunderstorm. :D

Well so much for me and my ELTs!!! :rolleyes::D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not all's lost! New strike just off Waterford coast! http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

MT is right, there certainly is some heavy precip heading for the southeast on the radar now.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Not all's lost! New strike just off Waterford coast! http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/

:D Come on!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Been raining here the last few hours but not that heavy, 2.2mm in the last hour for example. From the radar i see a few heavier pulses to the south of us out at sea. If they land over us it could be interesting but so far its just a miserable July night :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Some very heavy rain getting larger and larger by the minute heading up here, can see a very grey bit of rain moving up here VERY Slowly and can here very faint rumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

unreal rain in castlebar and i mean unreal the main ballinrobe rd to castlebar
    is like a lake

I might have heard a very distant rumble there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I might have heard a very distant rumble there.

You sure Maq ??? Rain lashing down now.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

Very heavy rain here. Nothing else though. Sky looks really terrible though. Very dark and threatening

You sure Maq ??? Rain lashing down now.;)

Nope, not sure, but it did sound like a distant rumble, might just have been a truck or something though. Rain is picking up now alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just grey and dull in West Dublin,nothing happening at all.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Raining here now with jigantic drops but very few so jigantic drops in a small quantity pity it wasn't heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

This is the summer equivalent of a winter's snow thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Rain just starting to kick off here now. That sky is looking very black. Kids still out playing though... fair play to them!

Rain has eased off a bit again now. No rumbles....

Why has the Met Éireann radar stopped at 20:00?? :mad: Anyone else seeing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

As usual I am stuck between the two systems over the the country right now :rolleyes: and both which are having an effect on the skies over Galway. Mid level cloud from trough to the east moving northwards, whilst lower cloud, mostly in the form of cumuli, moving in an ENE direction from the showery trough over west Mayo. Hi res models seem to suggest that a smaller low may develop within the off-shoot trough that is extending its way over the country from the secondary low off the SE coast later on, most proabably over the west or north midlands and which may sustain the strength of the showers currently in the west as they begin to make their way east later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Moderate rain near Kinsale now. In fact it's just kind of gotten brighter?? Where are the forks? :(

• Advertisement

Su Campu wrote: »
    Why has the Met Éireann radar stopped at 20:00?? :mad: Anyone else seeing this?

Welcome to Irish weather watching! If it can let you down, then it will. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

someone should just set fire to those bloody radar stations so a new one can be built :mad::mad::mad:
    sorry wrong boards.ie section. i just realised i meant to post this in pyromaniacs anonymous thread

Thank God for the northern ireland radar!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Rain easing off now, had 4.9mm in the last hour. Clouds looking very dark over Tramore which is to my south.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    someone should just set fire to those bloody radar stations so a new one can be built :mad::mad::mad:
    sorry wrong boards.ie section. i just realised i meant to post this in pyromaniacs anonymous thread

Anyone know how much it would cost to set up a proper radar system across the country? We could all chip in. Met radar is just becoming a joke at this stage.

Rain easing off now, had 4.9mm in the last hour. Clouds looking very dark over Tramore which is to my south.

Yeah the heaviest stuff is still out at sea and yet to arrive but there doesn't seem to have been any more sferics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

would be cheaper and easier to emigrate to a country with some guaranteed seasonal weather i would say deep.

So when is the boards.ie US tornado chase trip happening again....? :pac:

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    would be cheaper and easier to emigrate to a country with some guaranteed seasonal weather i would say deep.

True.

• Advertisement

Just off Wexford, a new one

http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/

Seeing more sferics on some Irish dectors now too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement