Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch: Summer 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Another closer flash. Thunder approx. 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

heavy_rain_cover_art.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rd_milltown

a long, distant rumble of thunder here in D6...it's working its way north !

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Getting the lightening here in D15 but the thunder is very distant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I heard claps of thunder thought it might be the neighbours bringing in their bins :D came straight to the weather forum seen this thread now I know :D

Me loves thunder :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Tis a night for shleepin with da blinds open!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Another flash again here, about 10 seconds to thunder. Appears to be to my south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Huge flash in D14. Can't hear anything though. Scared the hell out of me for a second. I thought someone was outside flashing their light at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rd_milltown

A nice cluster of strikes in the past 3 hrs...

http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

May just be starting to quieten down here. Thunder down to 5 seconds at one point. Epicentre seems to be around Bray Head, which fits in with what Docarch thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Good rumble of thunder and one lightning event in Lucan.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

Fair play to MT Cranium. He was bang on the money yet again. Thanks a million MT.

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I heard claps of thunder thought it might be the neighbours bringing in their bins :D

It's hard to tell these days with all the boy racers and their monster exhausts on their little micra's!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

seems to have stopped now in D16

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

lord lucan wrote: »
    It's hard to tell these days with all the boy racers and their monster exhausts on their little micra's!:pac:

LOL I see what you did there :pac::D:pac::D

Seem to have stopped where I am also :( Im sitting in a dark room curtains open and nothing :(

Im sitting in a dark room curtains open and nothing

Welcome to my world! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I thought there might be a bit tonight on my way home. Had that feeling in the air.

Not seen any hear in Tallaght yet though.
    I'm hoping for at least one strike.

seems to have stopped now in D16

Here too. Just the three flashes for me...

Im sitting in a dark room curtains open and nothing :(

I reckon my neighbours think i'm nuts. Curtains open and i was out on the front step with my phone trying to video the lightning!:D

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Welcome to my world! :D
    +1!

• Advertisement

All quiet now. Heavier rain just started. Will sleep with one eye open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

lord lucan wrote: »
    I reckon my neighbours think i'm nuts. Curtains open and i was out on the front step with my phone trying to video the lightning!:D

Fuuck what the neighbours think! Do your own thing and if they have a problem with that, then tough for them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

do you think thats it? was hoping for more:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

Gone very quite in south kilkenny. No thunder or lightning in about 45 mins. Getting breezy though, in contrast to the calm during the lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Think I'll hit the hay but I'll have a quick look outside first. Doesn't sound like there's anything significant happening at the moment really and I'd rather sleep now. Mind you I have a hell of a headache here again so the lightening hasn't gone away I'd say. Always happens when the thunder and lightening is about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Same here, 45 minutes of nothing. Shows how quickly storms can die. One minute it's a nice display - the next nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

tink dats it?i caught 2/3 strikes but little thunder,raining now but dats not to heavy at moment either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

heard a few cracks in leixlip a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Raining here now, nothing too heavy. Winds are veering a little to the NW. Pressure 993.9mb and steady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Seems to be one more last bash coming in off the coast now. A few more claps and flashes an I'll be happy!.... The dog won't be tough ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement