Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch: Summer 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice little bit of sun here now has pushed temp up to 18.5c. 5.4mm from the last shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I am very jealous of all the action happening around the country, all is quiet here in Limerick city, humid and dry here at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Our observers in Carlow, Wexford and Kilkenny should be on alert for possible severe storms soon, as this area has had some additional heating. Anyone mobile in that area for possible chase? Cells may tend to move southeast. Funnel clouds are quite likely, but tornado reaching ground not as likely. Could be some dramatic photo ops for somebody in the right place.

Yep, rumbles of thunder here and sky looking v dark. Carlow/Kilkenny border here..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Our observers in Carlow, Wexford and Kilkenny should be on alert for possible severe storms soon, as this area has had some additional heating. Anyone mobile in that area for possible chase? Cells may tend to move southeast. Funnel clouds are quite likely, but tornado reaching ground not as likely. Could be some dramatic photo ops for somebody in the right place.

Heavy rain and hail showers here in wexford town. Still quite sunny and warm though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

oi, wheres the thunderstorms? none around cork.:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

First rumble heard in the distance. Huge mass of black clouds rolling in from my North West. Think its gonna be a big one guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Thunder reported in Waterford now, still dry though here in the city.

First rumble heard in the distance. Huge mass of black clouds rolling in from my North West. Think its gonna be a big one guys ;)

Looks like its that shower in south KK coming down.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Huge rumble in wexford town just now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Very brigght flashes and loud thunder just outside wexford town.

Bot to top it all a buetiful funnel , will post pictures later.

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Very brigght flashes and loud thunder just outside wexford town.

Bot to top it all a buetiful funnel , will post pictures later.

Where's the funnel i wanna see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Thunder just kicked off in south Meath now

Edit : One kick, and then it was off.. hopefully something more exciting on the way later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Nice little bit of sun here now has pushed temp up to 18.5c. 5.4mm from the last shower.
    same here,very warm in it,hopefuly will help wit convection,looking east towards howth its lovely&clear

Starting to rain heavy here in Waterford now. Distant rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

what an exciting month July is for weather people. pity met eireann choose to take down Shannon radar on statistically one of the wettest months of the year for the last 5 years. Couldnt they have done it in April

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

I'm in Slieverue, South Kilkenny, I've seen one flash but theres been a fair few rumbles, its still dry. The sky on one side is lovely blue and the other is a grey scary colour. Oh this is exciting :D

I would post up a picture of the clouds outside my house but i cant find the cable, Very ominous looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

its being pissing in castlebar all day

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Torrential rain now, can't hear any more thunder :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

My bro in Wexford just saw a tornado form and almost reach the ground before retreating.........no pics though, useless cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Another one just there, so not seeing things. Distant flickering blue

You weren't seeing things there lastnight DE.. I'm in south Roscommon here and it was the maddest lightening I've ever seen. Huge flashes of white and then blue with orange and red forks to the top of the sky.
    Scared the bejausus outa me - seemed to be centered close enough to Ballinasloe at that time - about half ten.

minotour wrote: »
    My bro in Wexford just saw a tornado form and almost reach the ground before retreating.........no pics though, useless cnut.

Yeah keep an eye out for funnels. TORRO have forecasted "brief tornadoes" for us. Would be great to get a pic or video. :pac:

Gettin pretty serious in wexford now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

nice convection going,2nd pic is towards the airport

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Rain getting heavier here but just the odd rumble so far. Hopefully it will build more force as the rain gets heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Can confirm this 'funnel' in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Oh ffs, tired waiting around with nothing happening, heading back to college....

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Thats one impressive line of cells all the way down the east coast. Might get a touchdown at some stage today. Splitting the stones here in kerry at the moment. Just noticed a strike on blitzortung but we have no radar coverage at all. How the hell am i supposed to track the cells? Climb Carrauntouhil?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wexford area will be the best place to be this afternoon and evening as the showers build up and move down towards the southeast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement