Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch: Summer 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GSF

Thunder in Dublin city centre currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

This just to the south of Dundrum, go ta few flashes and rumbles from it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Glynn/Taghmon/Adamstown area.

Lucky. I'm in Bunclody and all we're getting is light rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

Another strike in dublin 2 now rain has kicked off again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Storm is not really moving toward North Dublin but rather developing towards it. Not weakening either - quite a bit of activity here atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭highdef

Confab wrote: »
    One here, about 1km away. Very odd sound, like a series of sharp smaller explosions.

The reason for this was there was a massive flash right overhead of me just before the time you posted. the thing is that it came from what looked like a dead anvil from an old storm and not from the main storm over the city. Incidentally, the storm developed right overhead of me and only started dumping rain when it had passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I'm standing on top of tibraden looking at that storm passing over dublin city.straight through the middle of town. Lighting also struck the eastern poolbeg tower. Theres even darker clouds on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Thunder storm over DUB airfield confirmed by tower.

Heavy rain @ 2 miles.

Strike overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Oh **** , , can admin resize those?

FFS!:mad:

EDIT: press ctrl - repeatedly to view pics!

Fixed:) friend in blackrock reporting thunder around and over the irish sea. I'm awaiting another round of storms in southern france:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Right in the heart of Dublin city at the moment, stuck here for a while until the rain eases off, on the bike :(

But I have never seen such heavy rain persisting for so long, it's still bucketing down and the roads are like rivers, and then we have thunder and lighting.

Starting to hear sirens and fire brigades dart around the place now, it's the apocalypse people !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Pretty fun here! Theres a bang like every 2 mins and its lashing out!

Wow really heavy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Right in the heard of Dublin city at the moment, stuck here for a while until the rain eases off, on the bike :(

But I have never seen such heavy rain persisting for so long, it's still bucketing down and the roads are like rivers, and then we have thunder and lighting.

Starting to hear sirens and fire brigades dart around the place now, it's the apocalypse people !

Yeah I can hear all the sirens from here in D.16. Must be mad in the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Sigh, so close but so far. Don't fancy my housemates journey home from town in that rain though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Latest SIGMET signalling a slow wind down later....

EISN SIGMET 04 VALID 211615/211915 EINN- EISN SHANNON FIR/UIR EMBD TS FCST LAN E OF 9W TOP FL300 WKN

VALID FROM 1615-1915Z
    EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS FORECAST OVER LAND EAST OF 9W, TOPS 30,000FT, WEAKENING

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

DUB Tower weather alert:

South Approach - Heavy rain up to 600 feet..No turbulence reported yet.

anyone in Galway here? Should be some sparks by now:

http://sproule.co.uk/weather/svlightning.html

Oh noes, all the good stuff passed me by. Some thunder and great clouds all right, but nothing like people are saying came down in Dublin City Center.

How is the rest of the evening looking, are we nearly over the most of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Jake1 wrote: »
    Oh noes, all the good stuff passed me by. Some thunder and great clouds all right, but nothing like people are saying came down in Dublin City Center.

I was just about to post the same thing. I can see it west and south of me but nothing passing overhead. A little drizzle falling but no serious rain.

M.T. just updated the forecast ....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67011686#post67042065

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yeah should be winding down now towards night. Conditions becoming less favorable and cloudcover extending over most of the country.

At least we will have some nice warm dry weather to from Friday on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

clearing up here now,still raining but fizzleing out,sun breaking through,storm seem to head NE direction,is that just the appitizer or ar we done?

• Advertisement

Interesting, Dublin City is right bang in the center of circulation and the storm seems to be intensifying...

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The Met.ie rain radar loop looks like a few storm cells may join forces over south Dublin and have some fun in the next hour or so.

What do you folks think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I was away most of the day, back home, dry as a bone but there is some loud thunder.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »
    Interesting, Dublin City is right bang in the center of circulation and the storm seems to be intensifying...

Noticed that earlier. Hopefully as centre moves it will drag some action this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:mad:dublin gets all the fun again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Sorry Rougies looks like we both had the same idea and posted it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Yes east north east. Drifting into the irish sea. Doesnt look as intense as before although it looks like intensifying over the south east of dublin county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Amazing how reliant these storms are on surface heating - they die away completely once the reach the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

THE BOOM THUNDER WAS THE BEST!.

HAd my camera in one hand taking some pictures, lightning was way to fast (during the day also ) so wasnt able to catch it.
    ANd in m other hand had my iphone on record, caught the loud booms but the lightning is barely noticeable!

HOPE THATS ONLY A WARM UP FOR LATER!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

PRESS CTRL & - REPEATEDLY TO VIEW PICS , SORRY

121051.JPG

121052.JPG

121053.JPG

121054.JPG

:D

BRILLIANT BEASTERLY!
    I was on the look out for some myself . Pictured some minor rotation but thats all... wer they from the same cell over dublin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement