Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch: Summer 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

emo72 wrote: »
    ha ha, kew park:D we couldnt be any closer.

Celbridge here, and I am seeing your clouds ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jake1 wrote: »
    Hi , Im in Weston, and looking west I see them clouds, they are scary looking beasts. I hope we get some action from them :)
    emo72 wrote: »
    ha ha, kew park:D we couldnt be any closer.

Ahhhh Dodsboro here! And lord lucan lives in Lucan too, all us Lucan heads :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

snaps wrote: »
    Nothing here in the Mid west at all, just lashing rain!

Ditto, wettest day of the month so far here and still falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

darkman2 wrote: »
    Possible cell just to the west of Dublin now, also possible cells developing to the North of Dublin. It would help if there are posters in these locations!

Raining in Maynooth and has been for the last 45 mins. No lights or noise unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Sucks to be in the North West :( Nothing but drizzle and a dull overcast sky here.

Join the club......... the most exciting thing to happen here all day has been some rather pathetic rainfall!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Ahhhh Dodsboro here! And lord lucan lives in Lucan too, all us Lucan heads :pac:

yea the great big lucan love-in is on :D

anyway im off out to cut the grass, at least i can can keep an eye on d weather out there. will report back later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

A lot of this in the West of us here in East Meath for the past 4 or 5 hours. Getting darker now so looks like it might be getting closer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I was out in Carrickmacross, Co.Monaghan today when the lightning storm struck. I was outside in a greenhouse watching it and at 16:34 there was one brilliant pink coloured bolt came down a good few hundred yards on front of me :D, it hit something and the bang shuck the roof, right at the same time the broadband router in the house exploded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I've left the camcorder running out the window recording that shower that's approaching from the west. I'll speed it up 20 times and see what we get, I'll put it up later.

By the way, how do you embed Youtube videos on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Su Campu wrote: »
    I've left the camcorder running out the window recording that shower that's approaching from the west. I'll speed it up 20 times and see what we get, I'll put it up later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

There's a Youtube wrap button in the reply message box, on top right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

IvySlayer wrote: »

I'm up at the arse end of Lucan,up past the Foxhunter!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

i guess by how quiet it is at moment as regards to posts here that thunder activity has all but finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

delw wrote: »
    i guess by how quiet it is at moment as regards to posts here that thunder activity has all but finished

I was wondering the same thing. I was hoping for a few night-lightning shots.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

delw wrote: »

Pretty much think that's it except for a few heavy showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

light rain here and that's pretty much it from thunder clouds of doom!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Its been raining here all day and its still raining and its only 8c!! So stop moaning..

103f here just west of Orlando ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

103f here just west of Orlando ;)

Car park of Disney World by any chance?

I've posted this in the Weather Pictures forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Rain has more or less stopped here now. Monthly total so far almost double the monthly average!

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Car park of Disney World by any chance?
    You wouldn't catch me dead in Disney :D
    No we were down in Tampa and thats what the car outside temp was showing and hovering between 96 and 101 back to Orlando.
    The 103 was in a concrete jungle alright and felt insane.
    "official highest" was 96 somewhere in the area.

We're down in miami now for a few days so I'm kinda looking forward to the tropical storm,thats brewing that they are talking about heading into that area.Despite the heat,theres been a distinct lack of thunderstorms so far so I'm thinking friday and saturday are the days :)

Was that direction myself BB for a couple of weeks in June. Had some great storms! See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954823

Was on the I-4 one day (travelling at speed) and clocked 104f.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

A report on some Damage & Flooding from yesterdays storm in Dublin CC.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/lightning-shatters-another-irish-summer-2267951.html?start=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'm hearing reports of significant crop damage from hail during a storm yesterday afternoon in the Prosperous/Clane area, ice cubes was the description given to me of what fell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Nothing severe around here, it all went either to north, east, west or south of me.
    I don't mind, saw enough thunderstorms last year, one loud clap of thunder was enough.

A few heavy showers but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

DominoDub wrote: »
    A report on some Damage & Flooding from yesterdays storm in Dublin CC.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/lightning-shatters-another-irish-summer-2267951.html?start=1

RE Window shattering at Stephens Green SC
    It is believed that the window may have shattered when hit by lightning during the cloudburst at about 6pm yesterday.

Id say more likely it was hit by a good gust of wind and shoddy workmanship caused it to fall out. What ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

SeaFields wrote: »

Id say more likely it was hit by a good gust of wind and shoddy workmanship caused it to fall out. What ye think?
    i hear amanda byram was leaning up against it during a photoshoot

SeaFields wrote: »

It's possible that the acoustic shockwave of a nearby lightning strike could in theory shatter it, but I can't see lightning striking a window itself, glass being an insulator.

Plus I love the way they they try to make out that rain falls from funnel clouds :rolleyes:
    In the midlands, heavy rain was reported from 'funnel clouds' -- rotating columns of wind that look like a cone -- as well as intense bursts of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Plus I love the way they they try to make out that rain falls from funnel clouds :rolleyes:
    it was in irish independent Su. It must be true.

Oh that rhymed:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement