Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch: Summer 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭fishmahboi

Su Campu wrote: »
    ECMWF shows 10-20mm/6hrs rainfall rates in the west.

127077.gif
    Hey SU campu is it western areas that are at risk of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

fishmahboi wrote: »
    Hey SU campu is it western areas that are at risk of this?

Western and northern areas. The heavy rain to the south may or may not clip the far southeast - probably not, going on the model output.

Western and northern areas. The heavy rain to the south may or may not clip the far southeast - probably not, going on the model output.

Ok thanks I thought the showers were going to go further south to the southeast :D

Plenty of lightning getting going in that area of interest out in mid Atlantic. The cold cloud tops in the last hour can be seen here (just under the "Fronts" radio button, click on "IR Temp" to see actual temperatures). It will move eastwards throughout tonight and tomorrow - what activity it will have when it reaches the west coast will be interesting to see.

sf_na_1d.gif?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

I'm so £/'€\%> off!! Every single bit of what you might call "extreme weather" has bypassed cork!

When am I going to see some action damn it!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

IMC042 wrote: »
    I'm so £/'€\%> off!! Every single bit of what you might call "extreme weather" has bypassed cork!

What about that small bit of rain late last autumn?

Just after checking by BBC and according to their map (again isn't really that great) the big heavy rain is meant to completely miss and that the thundery showers are meant to form all over the west of ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

thundery showers are meant to form all over the west of ireland

Damn! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

:confused:

:confused: Is that not what you want?

Strange double post thing happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

what about the rain and the gale force winds we got last sunday night??

:confused: Is that not what you want?

Strange double post thing happening

I am trying reverse psychology. Positive thinking gets you nowhere! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Very heavy continuous rain here for last hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

isn't really that great - the thundery showers are meant to form all over the west of ireland

Absolutely!! I can't think who'd be interested in thundery showers all over the west. It's the WORST forecast ever UGH!!!!

The latest ECMWF and HiRLAM have downgraded slightly the rainfall in the west tomorrow night, while keeping the heavy band to the south.

ECMWF
    100909_1200_36.png

HiRLAM
    ww_isx0c2c1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

thank god for that ive had enough of the rain :(

Positive thinking gets you nowhere! ;)

You'll enjoy this so - not a positive thought in sight

Dirty days hath September
    April, June and November
    From January up to May
    The rain it raineth every day
    All the rest have thirty-one
    Without a blessed gleam of sun
    And if any of them had two-and-thirty
    They'd be just as wet and twice as dirty.

From The Story of Weather by Bill Giles

I am trying reverse psychology. Positive thinking gets you nowhere! ;)

oh yeah I see what you're trying to do there. I just hope nothing happens between 3pm and 11pm. What time are we looking at for any possible action that we will(not) be getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

i know how you feel but at least yous got some last sunday&have a chance tomorrow,we'r getting nothing here,althought its raining now does that count :rolleyes:

The latest ECMWF and HiRLAM have downgraded slightly the rainfall in the west tomorrow night, while keeping the heavy band to the south.

There's a surprise. UUGHHH!!!

• Advertisement

I am pretty worried about that forecast being wrong and the rain crossing the country anyway because according to rtes latest forecast the rain will cross the south interspersed by scattered showers

What seems to be a more consistant theme in the models is the Saturday could be an interesing day regarding potential thundery showers, esp over the eastern half of the country. This might make Fish fella happy!

What seems to be a more consistant theme in the models is the Saturday could be an interesing day regarding potential thundery showers, esp over the eastern half of the country. This might make Fish fella happy!

What is the timing on those showers?

Given that they may be heavy and thundery I'd say double-four time (four four time) but I'm open to correction ;)

Fionagus wrote: »
    Given that they may be heavy and thundery I'd say double-four time but I'm open to correction;)

Double four time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Watching RTE News weather forecast at 9pm she said the West and North would be most at risk for thunder on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

Joke ... Double four time is a musical term ...you know, tempo......aahh forget it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Owen??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

i think so :rolleyes: its sad really!!! MTC should place him on the ignore list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Godge wrote: »
    What about that small bit of rain late last autumn?
    sunbabe08 wrote: »
    what about the rain and the gale force winds we got last sunday night??
    delw wrote: »
    i know how you feel but at least yous got some last sunday&have a chance tomorrow,we'r getting nothing here,althought its raining now does that count rolleyes.gif

Yea but that were just good old wind and rain, I'd love to see a big thunderstorm or a funnel cloud or some large hail! My new digital camera is bored :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement