Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch: Summer 2010

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

CJWRC94 wrote: »
    Yea meteox picks thos strikes up nicely , i hope so too , havent heard thunder since last august , i think the east coast is bein punished for all the snow we got , lol.

Wait and see I suppose , theres always next wed/thurs if not.

You didn't get as much snow as us!:P Are you that wee boy from naas or somewhere on that irish weather network place that brags about being far colder than here when he is not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Fionagus wrote: »
    Galway city - it looks very impressive out over the bay - dark, menacing clouds etc but much brighter here. Hope you get your thunder !!

Update: just had a few more rumbles & sky is darkening at an impressive rate!

Nice, hope it heads north east, am in Monaghan atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The beefier rain is starting to move northeastwards up from the south coast now. Wind and rain is just starting to pick up here in Kilkenny but no thunder...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

owenc wrote: »
    You didn't get as much snow as us!:P

Without wanting to start a fight I would say his location got more then yours since the predominant wind direction this Winter was Northeasterly favouring Eastern and Midland areas. Not best suited to the North coast. Having said that all areas had snowfall that hung around for quite a while during the freeze. For alot of people it was not snow but ice that was the major concern.

Anyway back OT please.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Without wanting to start a fight I would say his location got more then yours since the predominant wind direction this Winter was Northeasterly favouring Eastern and Midland areas. Not best suited to the North coast. Having said that all areas had snowfall that hung around for quite a while during the freeze. For alot of people it was not snow but ice that was the major concern.

Anyway back OT please.

No april had the worst snow and i got the worst of it.:P They didn't have colder weather and i will not reconise that after all the snow that mountain had which stayed upto the middle of may.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CJWRC94

You didn't get as much snow as us!:P Are you that wee boy from naas or somewhere on that irish weather network place that brags about being far colder than here when he is not?

No , i dont know what you geography is like , but naas is not in the south east! read my location , well maybe you did get more than me , i got 8 inches in total in jan, witnessed drifts in excess of 15 foot myself in the blackstairs mountains.then 5-6 foot drifts on 30th march-1st april(same area of high ground).

No , i dont know what you geography is like , but naas is not in the south east! read my location , well maybe you did get more than me , i got 8 inches in total in jan, witnessed drifts in excess of 15 foot myself in the blackstairs mountains.then 5-6 foot drifts on 30th march-1st april(same area of high ground).

I got about 3 foot in total over the whole winter but the hills behind me got about 25 foot if you include all the drifts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

To hell with snow! Where my thunder!!! :mad:

Lads ffs if you want to compare **** sizes go do it somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

To hell with snow! Where my thunder!!! :mad:

It's off to the west in "that bay place" :D

• Advertisement

djhaxman wrote: »
    Lads ffs if you want to compare **** sizes go do it somewhere else.

Whats up wey the word lad and mate down south its doing my head in!:mad: Stop it!

Whats up wey the word lad and mate down south its doing my head in!:mad: Stop it!

Lad is a common word down here. You're only a kid aren't you? I'm guessing about 15?

Lad is a common word down here. You're only a kid aren't you? I'm guessing about 15?

It doesn't matter what bloody age i am, just cuz i don't speak all snobby on here doesn't mean i write like that, i come here so that i don't have to speak snobby!

It doesn't matter what bloody age i am, just cuz i don't speak all snobby on here doesn't mean i write like that, i come here so that i don't have to speak snobby!

You've just answered my question, thanks.

LOL , i just stated facts , good for you got that much. And bringing north-south politics in is prob a bannable offence , can you not just say my user instead of stating im from the south?:confused:

Back to the thunder , or lack of it! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

One word you cannot use to describe ''lad'' is snobby!!!

LOL , i just stated facts , good for you got that much. And bringing north-south politics in is prob a bannable offence , can you not just say my user instead of stating im from the south?:confused:

Back to the thunder , or lack of it! lol

Just forget about that crap and goto the thunder why the hell should you care anyway! Frigg sake some people are so bitter.

I assume ya mean 15 months yea? I wouldnt go that far , I'd say he's about 8 years old.

Fionagus wrote: »
    It's off to the west in "that bay place" :D

That's a nice looking shower just west of Galway on the radar:

119719.jpg

Cloudy with light rain here!

I assume ya mean 15 months yea? I wouldnt go that far , I'd say he's about 8 years old.

IGNORE LIST.

• Advertisement

Just forget about that crap and goto the thunder why the hell should you care anyway! Frigg sake some people are so bitter.

That was my point!

Sorry my fault! I tought you reffered to me a ''that mate down south'' , sorry , i tought you were the one dragging all that **** up!

My fault , i misread your post.

That was my point!

Sorry my fault! I tought you reffered to me a ''that mate down south'' , sorry , i tought you were the one dragging all that **** up!

My fault , i misread your post.

No i wasn't. Now get on with the thunder!

tought i was on your ignore list?

oh well , yes all back to thunder.

tought i was on your ignore list?

oh well , yes all back to thunder.

I don't think your too bothered, so don't say oh well and i was waiting to see what your next reply was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Little bit OT here, but i just want to comment that anytime i ever put anyone on my ignore list, it just becomes more tempting to press ''view post'' and see what they're saying!!!

No thunder here. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

That's a nice looking shower just west of Galway on the radar:

119719.jpg

Cloudy with light rain here!
    Much the same here. That shower seems to have missed the town
    but moycullen had exceptionally heavy rain with thunder & lightning just before 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

some intense downpours in carlow and kilkenny by the look of the radar. that shower off the mayo coast looks like it has the potential to bring some severe localised downpours as it moves overland.

By the way, it is only 15c but feels like 25c due to the humidity. Also, the bloody midges are surviving in the rain, zig zagging between the rain drops.

Finally, the biggest shower today is the 15 clare lads who got hammered by Dublin. Well...they are young but still....Dublin won by 13 points.

:rolleyes:
    Yea still no thunder here(ill give till nine before i set my sights on midweek next week , extremely heavy rain now doe , big difference from the dry overcast rubbish from earlier.

Fionagus wrote:
    Much the same here. That shower seems to have missed the town
    but moycullen had exceptionally heavy rain with thunder & lightning just before 5

Rain just coming is short, sharp bursts here again. Sky looks dark to the east with some racing scud. Not even a rumble to be had here. 16.9c with 98% humidity!

• Advertisement

Its raining nuts not but still no thunder and the heavy stuff isn't even here yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement