Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch: Summer 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CJWRC94

Rain just coming is short, sharp bursts here again. Sky looks dark to the east with some racing scud. Not even a rumble to be had here. 16.9c with 98% humidity!

same here , some very structured cloud around

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Rain just coming is short, sharp bursts here again. Sky looks dark to the east with some racing scud. Not even a rumble to be had here. 16.9c with 98% humidity!

Its while weird i'm expecting one too, i hope we don't get loads of rain and no lightening.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

The centre of the low I would say is beginning to establish itself over the west now. Pressure trend for the afternoon here:

119727.jpg

Currently 1004.7mb. Wind SE veering SSE. Still getting the odd heavy shower which lasts no more than 10 seconds. Feeling very sticky!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

does that mean more heavy rain tonight for galway? it was just beginning to brighten up:(

Was raining nuts (torrential.) here for about an hour but now its just drizzle, the roads are nearly floaded after only 2 hours of rain. Were did the rain goto anyway it just went out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Some ver heavy showers and about 1.5mm/ph in between them . . .

OMG that is nuts now, the rain is smashing down against the ground at a very fast rate that fast that the pipes are gushing out water and my garden has mudslides and the rain is running down the road it is starting to flood here now too. Really foggy too, why the hell isn't there thunder and lightening! oh and you lot asked for rain and now you've got it infact you've got too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Oh thank frak for ignore button, (although i wish it would not show quoted text as well..)

Anyways back on topic, still pretty cloudy down here, rain has stopped. A lot of the streams and small rivers around that were very dry have a decent bit of water flowing through them now again.
    Just looking at sat24 site, and there is some very beefy cells moving up over mid eastern France, would be nice to see something like them hovering over sometime.

Pressue continues to fall, if slowly, here. Down to 1002.3mb! A bit lower than was forecast. Wind (what there is) is still southery. Should start to switch to the NW very soon. Some vicious looking skies to my NW but dry here all evening.

Oh thank frak for ignore button, (although i wish it would not show quoted text as well..)

Anyways back on topic, still pretty cloudy down here, rain has stopped. A lot of the streams and small rivers around that were very dry have a decent bit of water flowing through them now again.
    Just looking at sat24 site, and there is some very beefy cells moving up over mid eastern France, would be nice to see something like them hovering over sometime.

Ignore list anyone who does this goes to my ignore list, it is utterly rude to say that you are ignoring someone.

• Advertisement

Total of 25.5mm in the 2 hour period 7pm to 9pm at Claremorris!! By the looks of the sky here, there seems to be more heading up that direction too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its changed quite a bit here(Castlebar) in the last 30mins,a very gusty NW wind has set in and a few very small glimmers of blue sky can be seen.Still pelting down though.

Sky is totally black now to my SW & W. Not dark Grey, BLACK! seems to be developing and heading northwards once again. Pressure down to 1002.1mb. SSW.

Nothing short of tornadic looking now to my NW. Clouds lowering here to. eerie glow.

Total of 25.5mm in the 2 hour period 7pm to 9pm at Claremorris!! By the looks of the sky here, there seems to be more heading up that direction too :eek:

Mistake :o. Make that 35.5mm :eek:

Nothing short of tornadic looking now to my NW. Clouds lowering here to. eerie glow.

Just started to drizzle! smiley-bangheadonwall.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Raining heavily again. The wind has swung around to the NW and strengthened considerably.

Fionagus wrote: »
    Raining heavily again. The wind has swung around to the NW and strengthened considerably.

Mod rain here now too. Sudden shift in wind to the NW as well. Gusting up to 20mph. Sharp jump in pressure. 1002.6mb now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

What's the story with the two radars, they seem to be on different sensitivities, Shannon's not picking up the light blues that Dublin is. Look off the Donegal/Sligo coast, it's clear where they overlap (by clear I mean easy to see, not clear weather!!!!).

Looks like Claremorris will have a daily total of over 40mm for today (going by hourly met reports at least unless they are flawed). Quite breezy here now but does not feel any cooler or fresher yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

yes Claremorris is set for over 40mm DE and Belmullet had a real heavy pulse for a time too as did Knock. Sligo got about 15 or 16mm hv to wait for the rain gauge to dry out a bit to confirm this but garden is loving it.

By the looks of things Rainfall for the month will run into the 200% of normal by the end of July in some places. Nearest possible dryness is John the Eagles "tentative" dryness next weekend though a midweek Low could linger longer around our shores due to a strong High now over Europe.

pauldry wrote: »
    yes Claremorris is set for over 40mm DE and Belmullet had a real heavy pulse for a time too as did Knock. Sligo got about 15 or 16mm hv to wait for the rain gauge to dry out a bit to confirm this but garden is loving it.

By the looks of things Rainfall for the month will run into the 200% of normal by the end of July in some places. Nearest possible dryness is John the Eagles "tentative" dryness next weekend though a midweek Low could linger longer around our shores due to a strong High now over Europe.

Over 50mm (not sure of exact total) so far this July here Paul. Has exceeded June's entire total already!!!

48mm provisionally in Sligo DE, since July 1st.

June had 22mm here and May had a little more (amnesia setting in)

Actually today is the wettest day since April 5th/6th in Sligo.

Total reached 17mm , but missed the thunder burst though just to show how localized it was there was downpours in Sligo town tonight and just "normal" rain in our place. At one point I was walking on the street and there was no rain falling but then around the corner it was pelting and I wasnt in shade. Very strange the weather gets in Summer at times.

Claremorris' 24hr total to 00GMT was 56.0mm, bringing its July total to 114.8mm.

Rain gauge clocked 36mm here in Sligo .........eventually 89mm now for month

I got 35 mm of rain yesterday!! I think you lot have got enough rain now! The funny thing is its all dried up now!

THe latest gfs shows 10c for the south east i hope to god they get it to sicken them!:P But they are saying its never going to happen and that they are too warm and all this crap, have they forgotten were they are, they are so stuck up!:mad: Theres this one who brags about the south east being warm and all this and brags about aclimatising to 30c temps in a week and then saying that 20c is too cold and all this, i wanna hit him over the head!

pauldry wrote: »
    Rain gauge clocked 36mm here in Sligo .........eventually 89mm now for month

Just 14.5mm here yesterday! We just got showers though rather than any prolonged rain. Month total on 60.2mm. July 61-90 avearge total is 63.8mm!!

Looks like Mayo was the place to be yesterday though with Belmullet, Claremorris and Knock all getting healthy daily amounts. They have gone from being the driest stations in June to being the wettest in July so far!

Owenc wrote:
    I think you lot have got enough rain now!

Nope, not nearly enough! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CJWRC94

owenc wrote: »
    THe latest gfs shows 10c for the south east i hope to god they get it to sicken them!:P But they are saying its never going to happen and that they are too warm and all this crap, have they forgotten were they are, they are so stuck up!:mad: Theres this one who brags about the south east being warm and all this and brags about aclimatising to 30c temps in a week and then saying that 20c is too cold and all this, i wanna hit him over the head!

Oh god no!

Personnaly i cant wait for all the rain on tuesday and wednesday , thursday looks good too. :D (oh , the excitement might get to me!)

10c , hardly! Sure its the sunniest place in ireland!:P

*waits for the "no actaullly we are the sunniest place on the island because......."* lol

• Advertisement

Some beautiful airmass thunderstorms breaking out in central Sardinia an hour ago....just as I was gettinng in a taxi to go to the airport!! :mad: Might get some nice photos on takeoff, and I'll have a word in their ear to follow me home! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement