Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch: Summer 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

One of the most vicious thunderstorms ever here in SE Mayo, rain coming down like ive never seen before as well!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Beautiful day here, few heavy showers this morning but nothing since. I was expecting 24/7 rain from last night to Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

:eek:

Defo a couple of tornadoes :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Dangerous looking shower to my east with severe looking white shaft. Thought I heard a distant rumble but I was probably hallucinating.

I guess it is lucky they are all at home rather than in work today. There are flood warnings on the French news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

look at that cell in mayo/galway border :eek:
    http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

We had cells like that here once covered the whole of northern ireland and cut out loads of electricity after lasting hours with fork lightening.

Just had an earth shaking clap of thunder there! Intense looking rain no more than a quater of a mile away but only the odd big plop here.

latest lightning strikes
    120187.jpg

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    latest lightning strikes
    120187.jpg

HAHA england has barely any!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

I guess it is lucky they are all at home rather than in work today. There are flood warnings on the French news.

yeah, it'll no doubt put a dampner on their celebrations for bastille day
    i know someone living in an area under those cells, i'll get her to take some pics

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    look at that cell in mayo/galway border :eek:
    http://www.sat24.com/gb

That was right above me about 30/40 minutes ago!

Another storm brewing from the SE for me, seems to be the direction the storms are coming.

Sky is as black as coal to my SE

Just had an earth shaking clap of thunder there! Intense looking rain no more than a quater of a mile away but only the odd big plop here.

Send it my way mate (I think its coming from your direction), ive unplugged the TV aerials, so bring it on!!!!!

snaps wrote: »
    Send it my way mate (I think its coming from your direction), ive unplugged the TV aerials, so bring it on!!!!!

It is heading your way Snaps and intensifying by the looks of it. Whole western sky is black! Looks like a severe downpour on the other side of town but appears to be clearing up here! :rolleyes:

It is heading your way Snaps and intensifying by the looks of it. Whole western sky is black! Looks like a severe downpour on the other side of town but appears to be clearing up here! :rolleyes:

STop moaning you had a clap of thunder. I'm stuck under a pile of drizzly ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Wonder if this will continue into the Evening and Night

owenc wrote: »
    STop moaning you had a clap of thunder. I'm stuck under a pile of drizzly ****.

I just got a few big drops! Not even enough to register. Clearence moving in rapidly with the usual ole skies.

I just got a few big drops! Not even enough to register. Clearence moving in rapidly with the usual ole skies.

Ugh well its better than this crap here.

Storm 10 wrote: »

Lets hope so!

Storm 10 wrote: »

Yes them storms are for coming up here, according to the forecast.

• Advertisement

Its just started to bucket it down here now, no sign of thunder yet?

snaps wrote: »
    Its just started to bucket it down here now, no sign of thunder yet?

No thunder here either at the moment. Another shower building to my east south east which looks like heading away from me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

The skys a rumbling here in west Clare!

3 big claps of thunder in last few minutes.

clap of thunder here.

Another shower building to my east south east which looks like heading away from me too!

Really turning black down there now. No more than 3/5 miles away.

massive claps of thunder here. one flash of lightning. cat has ran into ennis with the fright

see attached pic of approaching rain cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Some very dramatic fork lightning here! I'm feeling giddy now.. :D

where are you square. i am on the road from connolly to miltown. i can see lightning towards kilrush direction

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Squarewave wrote: »
    Some very dramatic fork lightning here! I'm feeling giddy now.. :D

Where's here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Latest GFS run is giving much more upper support for deep convection tomorrow an upper shortwave (one of three on a shortwave merrygoround around the parent low) sweeps through southern and eastern parts of the country during the afternoon. I think we'll get more than an honourable mention in tomorrow morning's ESTOFEX forecast!

Me likey!!! :D:D

36_8.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement