Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firmware update on HTC Desire

Options
  • 02-06-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭

My phone just said there was a new update it wanted to download so I left it off, after lots of reboots it's now running 1.21.405.2. Didn't actually say what the update did but it was ~27Mb so guess is must of have changed a few things.

This is on one of the stock unlocked Meteor phones btw.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

nothing on mine as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

just checked there on mine and it seems to be available for download. Mine is a vodafone stock phone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That was released quite some time ago. Strange that you're only getting it now OTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

That's why i don't have it then, =/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Strange that you're only getting it now OTA.

Why!!!!!!!! This is HTC that we are dealing with here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭allen175

mine is 1.15.405.4 and i have no updates available.

Why!!!!!!!! This is HTC that we are dealing with here
    OTA depends on your network =/

To be fair, HTC release patches fairly timely. The only thing they're slow at is releasing new OS revisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

It's been available for manual update for a couple of weeks, but I don't think it was available for OTA before today.

Do me a favour, guys:

Log in to your youtube account, using the new youtube app, then place the new youtube widget on your homescreen. Tell me if it says 'loading' instead of displaying the most watched videos...

Already sent HTC a bug report, but I just want to confirm that it's not just me.

Folks, do not apply this update if you have de-branded your Desire/flashed to the generic 1.15.405 rom.

It will break your wifi.

If you've never done those things, or if you have no idea what they even mean, don't worry about it you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

djgaillimh wrote: »
    It's been available for manual update for a couple of weeks, but I don't think it was available for OTA before today.

Do me a favour, guys:

Log in to your youtube account, using the new youtube app, then place the new youtube widget on your homescreen. Tell me if it says 'loading' instead of displaying the most watched videos...

Already sent HTC a bug report, but I just want to confirm that it's not just me.

Just tried that & it looks to work fine for me. To be certain, this is what I did, opened the youtube app, logged in as myself, closed it, add the widget to an empty screen & it started showing the most viewed clips. To be sure I clicked on one (turned out to be some eurovision thing) and it played ok.

Noticed it has the HQ button selected presumably cause I'm using wifi.

• Advertisement

Feck.

What the hell is wrong with my one, so? Tried everything.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

How can you break your wireless :confused:

the update contains a new radio image, which seems to cause some conflict with the generic rom that people have been using to debrand their phone.

End result is, the wi-fi stops working and can't be restored without a full wipe and manual install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

To quote the HTC website:
    Update – HTC Desire Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update
    In our commitment to providing you with the best user experience, we are pushing out a new firmware update to your phone. Your phone will receive a notification of this update when it is made available. Simply press OK to accept the update via a data connection such as Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Software Number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software information> Software number). The new software number after the update will be 1.15.405.4 for an HTC phone.
    1.15.110.11 on T-Mobile
    1.15.61.10 on Orange

I expect the firmware version number will vary from operator to operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Got the notification for it today too, any ideas what the update contains?

New youtube app, new radio image, some bug fixes (including the facebook/unknown contact bug, apparently). Probably some other things too.

deadbloke - that's an old press release. The new FW is 1.21.405.2

It comes with HBOOT .80 as well which needs a different root method and once rooted cannot be unrooted like those on HBOOT .75

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

1.21?????

My new desire shows a 2.1 distribution on it.

<--- epic confuzzled, is this applying to uk phones only?

TheDoc wrote: »
    1.21?????

My new desire shows a 2.1 distribution on it.

<--- epic confuzzled, is this applying to uk phones only?

In settings - about phone - software

Firmware number = Android version

Software number = Specific HTC rom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

There's a thread about this update on the XDA developers site which is worth a read.

• Advertisement

In settings - about phone - software

Firmware number = Android version

Software number = Specific HTC rom

Frmware Version
    2.1 update 1

Software Number

Thanks makes sense, and from reading seems im up to date ;)

No, you're behind by one update!

1.21.405 is the latest rom. Try a manual check in the settings -about phone - system software updates menu. If it's not there yet, you'll get it at some point over the next few days.

No, you're behind by one update!

1.21.405 is the latest rom. Try a manual check in the settings -about phone - system software updates menu. If it's not there yet, you'll get it at some point over the next few days.

o, right, wincakes cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It hasn't been there long. I did a manual check for an update about a week ago. It was up to date. Now there is one available. Hopefully it will fix the facebook syncing issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Didn't fix facebook sync. Grrrrr.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Has anyone tried this with a rooted phone?

Does your wifi still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Read the first page of this thread

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I have read the first page and the second page, don't see anything about rooted phones only debranded, mine was never branded in the first place.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I have read the first page and the second page, don't see anything about rooted phones only debranded, mine was never branded in the first place.
    Rooted phones don't get OTA updates. If you want to update to the latest stock version you need to download it from HTC, it's called the RUU file and it works as a manual update.

• Advertisement

A manual search shows the ota update . I was just wondering whether to install or not....

Edit: By manual I mean Menu>Settings>about phone>system software updates>check now.

Advertisement