Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Jobs in Limerick City ?

Options
  • 02-06-2010 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for a Summer job at the moment but it seems like I am very much out of luck. Does anyone know anywhere in or around Limerick city that may be recruiting ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

haha join the queue..ur about number 22,000 in line.

seriously tho im in the same position as you, been looking since christmas, handing out cvs maybe twice a month since then including phoning recruitment agencies and nothing..best of luck with that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Snap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

My friend is back from NZ all of 2 weeks and has gotten herself a job already. I got the offered the first job i applied for on grad ireland web site. Jobs are about alright. Camera shop on o connell street was looking for staff as was silkes stationary and sequo lane clothing shop(sp?).

Luck of the draw though i suppose with so many looking for jobs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

augh thats sickening to hear, gona throw a cv into every stationary i can find in town now just because of that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Throw in a cv into all the bookies around the city and have a chat with the manager. They always hire students for the summer and there is a good chance you will get the odd weekend after the summer. They might have hired their summer staff already. It's worth a shot.

From my experience you have to talk to managers and come across well because most cv's to be honest get fired into the bin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Oh hell yes. Milk swilling firemen?? Om nom nom nom nom!!

Advertisement