Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI friendlies

• 02-06-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Bohs vs Wolves 17th July, 3pm.

Airtricity League XI vs Manchester united, 4th August (not sure of time)

Galway vs Liverpool XI, 9th August, 7:45pm.

There has been some talk of Pats playin a Premiership team and Bohs vs Wolves. Liverpool XI will also be playin Dungannon Swifts.

Anyone know of any other friendlies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I think Limerick are supposed to be playing Sunderland at some point during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I suppose we'll be playing Dirty Lids at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Des wrote: »
    I suppose we'll be playing Dirty Lids at some stage.

Leeds are touring Eastern Europe this summer, and won't be in Ireland.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The announcer at the Rovers game talked about a possible friendly with another Premier League team. Rumoured to be Aston Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Des wrote: »
    Leeds are touring Eastern Europe this summer, and won't be in Ireland.

Just seen Franks comment on the forum, no Leeds :(, pity usually bring a great crowd and their English supporters do be gents. Least we're talking to English clubs anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Limerick are playing Bar... oh wait :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We're all playing Manchester United, remember. All of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

Athlone Town - Real Madrid

more or less confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I think Limerick are supposed to be playing Sunderland at some point during the summer.

Its a Munster Selection team afaik

oconnon9 wrote: »
    Athlone Town - Real Madrid

more or less confirmed

P1 job again I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I have some ticket info here lads.
    For Bohs - Wolves
    http://www.bohemians.ie/ticketinformation/721-bohemians-v-wolves-ticket-information.html
    Tickets are now on sale for our friendly against Wolverhampton Wanderers, which takes place on Saturday 17th July, kick off 3pm.
    This is an all ticket game, and fans are advised to purchase tickets early as a large crowd are expected on the day to see the current League of Ireland champions take on Mick McCarthy's Wolves side.
    Tickets are priced at €20 for adults, with a limited number of concessions available at €10.
    All members, season ticket holders and supporters wishing to attend this game can purchase a ticket from the Main Office Monday - Friday from 9a.m - 5p.m. For more information, contact (01) 8680923. Alternatively, tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster

I'll give info on the Villa game when I can

Nom nom nom Nutsy money

fyp :pac:

stovelid wrote: »
    fyp :pac:
    That's a little too close to "nom nom nom nuts" for my liking....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

BOHtox wrote: »
    I have some ticket info here lads.
    For Bohs - Wolves
    http://www.bohemians.ie/ticketinformation/721-bohemians-v-wolves-ticket-information.html
    Tickets are now on sale for our friendly against Wolverhampton Wanderers, which takes place on Saturday 17th July, kick off 3pm.
    This is an all ticket game, and fans are advised to purchase tickets early as a large crowd are expected on the day to see the current League of Ireland champions take on Mick McCarthy's Wolves side.
    Tickets are priced at €20 for adults, with a limited number of concessions available at €10.
    All members, season ticket holders and supporters wishing to attend this game can purchase a ticket from the Main Office Monday - Friday from 9a.m - 5p.m. For more information, contact (01) 8680923. Alternatively, tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster

I'll give info on the Villa game when I can

Sligo at home the night before, expensive weekend for the dedicated Bohs fan. €20 to see your reserves play an english side? Has your A side a game that weekend? The second leg of the champions league qualifiers is that week as well. If you get a league game postponed due to the euro game then are you allowed to play a friendly the day after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

P1 job again I take it?

Haven´t a clue what your on about but if you´re asking am I taking the piss then no is the answer..

Mourinho´s first game, id say tickets will be about 50 quid though

Sligo at home the night before, expensive weekend for the dedicated Bohs fan. €20 to see your reserves play an english side? Has your A side a game that weekend? The second leg of the champions league qualifiers is that week as well. If you get a league game postponed due to the euro game then are you allowed to play a friendly the day after?

We will play our "A" Team that night and maybe players who didn't play the night before.
    Ye expensive but is €20 a lot to see a top Prem team? no
    We won't get a game postponed either.
    Stu, I think the idea for the Villa and Wolves game is to advertise the club more than anything.

oconnon9 wrote: »
    Haven´t a clue what your on about but if you´re asking am I taking the piss then no is the answer..

Mourinho´s first game, id say tickets will be about 50 quid though

P1 = Platinum One.

Same crowd that organized Shamrock Rovers and Madrid.

Heh, I certainly won't be going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

We will play our "A" Team that night and maybe players who didn't play the night before.
    Stu, I think the idea for the Villa and Wolves game is to advertise the club more than anything.

Fair enough with the advertising but didnt Fenlon once mention about the amount of games they have to play?
    Champions league qualifier second leg on the tues/wed, sligo on the friday and wolves friendly on the sat . I sure that the sligo match will be postponed due to the euro game and then the A team have a game on the sunday in the A championship.
    €20 to watch the reserves play after forking out € 20 on the tues or wednesday if the second leg is at home .

Fair enough with the advertising but didnt Fenlon once mention about the amount of games they have to play?
    Champions league qualifier second leg on the tues/wed, sligo on the friday and wolves friendly on the sat . I sure that the sligo match will be postponed due to the euro game and then the A team have a game on the sunday in the A championship.
    €20 to watch the reserves play after forking out € 20 on the tues or wednesday if the second leg is at home .
    Well I'm a member so I get into Europe and the league for free so.............
    This is our fixture list for after the break.
    July 09: 19:45 Drogheda United - Bohemians
    July 13/14: 2nd qualifying round Champions League, 1st leg
    July 16: 19:45 Bohemians - Sligo Rovers
    July 17: 15:00 Bohemians - Wolves
    July 20/21: 2nd qualifying round Champions League, 2nd leg
    July 23 19:45 Bray Wanderers - Bohemians
    July 24 15:00 Bohemians - Aston Villa
    July 27/28: 3rd qualifying round Champions League, 1st leg
    July 30 19:45 Bohemians - St. Patrick's Athletic
    August 3/4: 3rd qualifying round Champions League, 2nd leg
    Aug 06 20:00 Shamrock Rovers - Bohemians

Quite hectic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

paddy978 wrote: »

A score is fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,394 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sligo Rovers v Everton
    August 8th @ 7pm
    The Showgrounds, Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Sligo Rovers v Everton
    August 8th @ 7pm
    The Showgrounds, Sligo

I presume that must be a condition for Seamus Coleman's transfer. Hopefully they'll bring over a strong team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I'd say we will play our U20s, the A team are away to Shels I believe. Gary Dempsey will probably play as well since he has been training with us, and that other guy that has been training with us that was with Celtic.

Bray Wanderers v Villareal Monday 26th July @ 7:45pm.

frantic190 wrote: »
    I'd say we will play our U20s, the A team are away to Shels I believe.

That meant has been postponed, obviously so Bohs can field some of them.

Bohs 1 up against Villa at HT.

Conor Powell with the goal.

Line-ups:

Bohemians: Chris O' Connor, Matt Doherty, Conor Powell, Ruaidhri Higgins, Jason McGuinness, Ken Oman, Mark Quigley, Gary Dempsey, Aaron Greene, Jason Byrne, Lee Dixon
    Subs:Killian Brennan, Orrin Farrell, Gary Burke, Yael Haro, Paddy Madden, Glenn Cronin, Enzo, Stephen Chambers, Roberto Lopez, Jason Dwane, Craig Sexton(GK)

Aston Villa: Brad Friedel, Eric Lichaj, Ciaran Clark, Richard Dunne, Stewart Downing, Ashley Young, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Marc Albrighton, Stliyan Petrov, Nigel Reo-Coker, Nickey Shorey
    Subs: John Carew, Elliott Parish, Barry Bannan, John Hogg, Habib Beye, Carlos, Cuellar, Isaiah Osbourne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I presume that must be a condition for Seamus Coleman's transfer. Hopefully they'll bring over a strong team.
    Everton due over in Wolfsburg the day before so it wont be full strength. Would imagine Seamus will be there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Nice win for Bohs, both great goals. Bit sad to see Villa fans completely outnumber bohs fans but that was to be expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Bohs 2nd goal was very FIFA 2010 like I thought.:)

Many at the Bohs match? On the bus to Tolka about 2 today and a few hundred Villa fans walking from Murrays on O'Connell St (home to the Irish Villa Supporters Club) to Dalyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

4500-5k apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

bohsman wrote: »
    4500-5k apparently.

About 200 of which were Bohs fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

About 200 of which were Bohs fans

The match was not targeting Bohs fans, I had zero interest in either the Wolves or Villa games. May have gone if they had let members in free but unlikely. Its actually a good thing Bohs fans have stopped turning up at these friendlies, it just leads to bad feelings with the you'll never beat the Irish chants/barstoolers chants etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

T'was an enjoyable Summers day romp down Dalyer way y'day, thanks to Bohs for organising it and i hope my 25 quid helps keep the wolf from the door for another year or so.

Great to see the Villa so well supported y'day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

bohsman wrote: »
    4500-5k apparently.

Nice few bob there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bray beaten 5-0 by Villareal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Taken from somewhere or other, i sniggered
    Mayo reg car stops a Shels fan on O'Connell St saturday. Aul lad asks where Dalymount is. Shels fan looks into car and sees not only the adults but all the kids head to toe in Villa gear. Tells them to turn around to head for Ballsbridge and look out for floodlights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

^ moral of the story, never trust dooblin scummers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CiaranC wrote: »
    Taken from somewhere or other, i sniggered
    Bit mean on the kids, I'd be howling laughing if it was a car full of adults, funny enough either way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,394 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Seamus Coleman has been called up to the U-21 team to play Estonia in Dublin on August 10th so I doubt he will take part in the Sligo Rovers v Everton game on August 8th. Very disappointing :(.

Bohs will play Celtic in a friendley on October 10th. I will post more details as I get it.

Bohs will play Celtic in a friendley on October 10th. I will post more details as I get it.

Finn Harps will also play Celtic

http://www.finnharps.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=358:finn-harps-to-play-glasgow-celtic&catid=39:news-from-finn-park&Itemid=101
    Finn Harps Football Club have confirmed that they will play a friendly fixture against Glasgow Celtic on Sunday 28th November. The game will be played at Finn Park, Ballybofey with a 3.00pm kick-off.

The match will be the sixth meeting between Finn Harps and Celtic.

More details in relation to ticket sales and the Celtic squad will be released over the coming days.

Lennon is after asking for these friendlies to keep his players sharp during the international break.

Our friendly with Celtic should provide much needed cash, along with the Rovers match on Tuesday.

http://www.bohemians.ie/fixtures/904-celtic-come-to-dalymount.html

Official prices for the Celtic friendly.
    Bohemians will play Glasgow Celtic in a friendly at Dalymount Park next Sunday, 10th October, with kick-off at 3pm.

Tickets for the game are priced at €20, or €10 for students, OAPs and children under 12.

Ya beat me to it.
    There is a contract in place that both teams play first teamers btw

Shopping trip for Celtic eh?

stovelid wrote: »
    Shopping trip for Celtic eh?

Correct. Paddy Madden is off over there apparently

Ya beat me to it.
    There is a contract in place that both teams play first teamers btw

They have about 7 off on international duty though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement