Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

1 Month Live for €1

• 02-06-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi all microsoft are offering 1 month for 1 euro just go to the whats new section and there is a blade 3 or 4 back.. it even works if you already have gold so you get an extra month..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Stab*City wrote: »
    Hi all microsoft are offering 1 month for 1 euro just go to the whats new section and there is a blade 3 or 4 back.. it even works if you already have gold so you get an extra month..

Took advantage of that at the start of the week was pretty happy because my gold ran out 2 weeks ago

what section is this in - I can't see it - under game marketplace? I have a credit card registered but no points bought - do you have to have points?
    thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Careful here, does anyone know if this commits you to a monthly charge after the 1st month at full whack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

calex71 wrote: »
    Careful here, does anyone know if this commits you to a monthly charge after the 1st month at full whack?
    If you're signing up with a credit card, then yes it does. However, you can go to your profile on XBox.com and stop the auto renewal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I signed for a month for 6.99 in may with a 3v voucher (had money left over) , was worded as if it was a one payment for one month deal but apparently was a month subscription!!!! Found out today when I tried redeem a newly purchased 12mth live card and wouldnt let me as I owe them the subsequent month!!!!

Have to use an actual credit card now, pay the second month, cancel the card then as it wont let me cancel the 3v voucher from live as money owing on it. Snakes.

Wont be going for any more of these "offers" again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im guessing you can only buy 1 month and not 12 for €12 :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    Im guessing you can only buy 1 month and not 12 for €12 :rolleyes:

Hehe no sadly you can only buy one I was hoping I could buy atleast 2 or 3.
    It does also set you up for an auto renew but the Visa debit card I bought it with is going to be deactivated by the time it needs to renew.
    Its easy enough to cancel the auto renew now through xbox.com now anyways so Its well worth an extra month on your xboxlive

so emm - can someone maybe tell me where to find the offer on xbox live?

It popped up on my friends xbox 3 weeks before It came up on my profile just keep your eyes peeled on spotlight and it should pop up soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

glasso wrote: »
    so emm - can someone maybe tell me where to find the offer on xbox live?

this offer will only show up if youve a silver account...

a mate was over with his xbox the other day and he could see it on his (silver) and i couldnt see it on mine (gold)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Korvanica wrote: »

a mate was over with his xbox the other day and he could see it on his (silver) and i couldnt see it on mine (gold)

Not true i already had a gold account and it showed and i bought 1 for €1
    The reson its not showing anymore is because it was a one day offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Korvanica wrote: »

Not true.

I can see it on my Gold account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

If you're signing up with a credit card, then yes it does. However, you can go to your profile on XBox.com and stop the auto renewal.

How do you turn off the auto-renewal?

I went to the membership level page but where it says ON, there is nothing to click to turn it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

choons wrote: »
    How do you turn off the auto-renewal?

I went to the membership level page but where it says ON, there is nothing to click to turn it off.

@Choons: You have to ring Microsoft

I fell into the credit card port hole I was avoiding. Microsoft got me but €1 for 1 month is worth it.

I have to call them tomorrow to see if I can remove my credit card details.

or Number = 1800509186

Its free call I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

RealistSpy wrote: »
    or Number = 1800509186

Its free call I think

Did you cancel the auto renew ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Rang them today and they turned auto-renewal off. Happy days :)

Stab*City wrote: »
    Did you cancel the auto renew ya?

yeh and I also removed my credit card

Advertisement