Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get tan off a dress

• 02-06-2010 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I got a lovely new dress lately, i applied Rimmel's tan - the wash off stuff and put the dress on. Due to the rotten weather i ended up taking it off for something else but some of the tan went on the dress and is pretty visible.
    I'm raging as I want to wear it out. Any suggestions as to how to get this out? Due to the delicate nature of parts of the dress I don't think i could throw it in the machine. Would wetting the area with a bit of vanish soap do the business ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

What material is the dress? What do the care instructions say?

Some fabrics water-mark if you try to spot clean them. In that case you're better off washing the whole thing. If you're not sure, try a little on an inconspicuous area (underside of the hem or inside of a seam).

Vanish soap is good for spot cleaning. As are make-up remover wipes and baby wipes.

If you want to wash the whole dress, either handwash or delicate machine wash with the dress in a pillowcase.

Good luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I find vanish spray very good for getting out most stains. I've gotten fake tan out of pillow cases and sheets before with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Do you have one of those Betterware Books that come in the door, I seen stuff in it for that. But I have never used it, so cannot vouch for how good it is.

http://www.betterware.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=058128&language=en-GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Vanish (spray or soap) is pretty good and I've found it's removed a multitude of stains from different clothing. However, before you use it check the care instructions and, as eerie mentioned, do a test in an incospicuous area first. Also, try to avoid rubbing the dress too much in the one place as it can change colour, bobble, etc. and look slightly different to the rest of the dress.

Advertisement