Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custom Wheels

• 02-06-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I hope someone can help i want to get a pair of custom alloy tubs for racing as the roads are in such S@it that my Zipps never leave the wheel bags and i really dont like racing on clinchers.

The only thing i know what i want is i want to run Campagnolo Hubs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Wheelsmith do a custom pair of Ambrosio Nemesis Tubs with Record hubs.

These are the wheel of choice for most pros during Paris Roubaix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Any competent wheelbuilder should be able to knock you up a set, but if you're shopping online, wheelsmith have the usual rims (e.g. Ambrosio Nemesis) with the option of Record hubs. Lead time won't be quick though.

edit: ^^ wot he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

These might fit the bill, 1310g !! Not a bad price either, they will build with any hub you want, Record would be cheaper.

Failing that why not Campag Shamal Tubulars or Fulcrum equivalent, rock solid similar money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

If you want to price things up locally (to Tralee) you could do a lot worse than seeing what Anthony in O'Hallorans could put together for you - he's a great wheelbuilder, the only question would be the lead time on them

Nice one Che, you're one cruel bastard ! :eek:

I can just hear the response ...

' What the F@%K do you want those for ???? '

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Murph100 wrote: »
    Nice one Che, you're one cruel bastard ! :eek:

I can just hear the response ...

' What the F@%K do you want those for ???? '

:rolleyes:

Why is it that in all the years i dealt with that man things have never changes but i will give him one thing he is really good at building wheels.

Right so then, drop him in some Abrosio F20 rims and Campy hubs and tell us how ya get on !

Right so then, drop him in some Abrosio F20 rims and Campy hubs and tell us how ya get on !

Well im buying a set of Mavic reflex rims from a mate just hubs and spokes to get and to get some one that is good to build them.

Go on, ask him .... I dare ya ! :D

Go on, ask him .... I dare ya ! :D

No he is one man that i cant deal with talking to him is like stripping paint. I will find someone in Cork to do it.,

• Advertisement

Heh, thought you might !! :D

Advertisement