Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sting - The O2, October 7th, 2010

Options
  • 02-06-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

http://www.hotpress.com/Sting/news/Sting-announces-Irish-show/6537942.html

Sting brings his Symphonicity tour to Dublin's O2 in October.

Sting, accompanied by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, has announced he will extend his world tour to Europe and the UK this autumn. The Symphonicity tour, which kicks off in Vancouver today (June 2), will travel across North America throughout the summer, and will then find the singer in the UK and Ireland.
    The shows will see Sting performing his most celebrated songs, re-imagined for symphonic arrangement. The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra will be conducted by Maestro Steven Mercurio (Pavarotti, Bocelli).
    Selections, created especially for this tour, will include fan favorites such as 'Roxanne,' 'Next To You,' 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic' and 'Every Breath You Take,' to notable songs from his solo career – 'Englishman in New York,' 'Fragile,' 'Russians,' 'If I Ever Lose My Faith in You,' 'Fields of Gold,' and 'Desert Rose.' Tickets for Sting's O2 show on October 7 cost €56.30 including booking fee, and are available from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide: www.ticketmaster.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Seen him before in UK, great show indeed.
    Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I got a text message from O2 to say that priority tickets are available on
    www.o2blueroom.ie from Wednesday 9th June. On the Ticketmaster site it says the tickets will be on sale on the 11th June. So the O2 message must be like a fan presale. You just need to register with O2.

Two performers I loved during my youth were Paul McCartney & Sting. I can't believe both of them have shows here this year. I'm going to Paul McCartney again next week. I hope to be going to Sting also, sounds like he'll give a great performance.

Roll on 7th October!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I got a text message from O2 to say that priority tickets are available on
    www.o2blueroom.ie from Wednesday 9th June. On the Ticketmaster site it says the tickets will be on sale on the 11th June. So the O2 message must be like a fan presale. You just need to register with O2.

Two performers I loved during my youth were Paul McCartney & Sting. I can't believe both of them have shows here this year. I'm going to Paul McCartney again next week. I hope to be going to Sting also, sounds like he'll give a great performance.

Roll on 7th October!

The O2 presale is only for O2 customers. I'm hoping to get a ticket to this too. I'm also heading to Macca on Saturday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Can't see Sting selling out the o2 tbh, so I'd say you're safe for the time being. The Orchestra does sound interesting tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Got tickets this morning (Fan Club member)...is it October yet?!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, glad to hear you got a ticket. Yes, it's a long way off til October. I figure I'll safely get a ticket from what you've all said.

I'm really looking forward to Macca on Saturday, glad to hear someone else has the same tastes as me, hi musicmania!

You guys are right, it probably won't sell out. It's not The Police and it isn't exactly Sting's traditional style, which might put people off. I'm going to Paul McCartney too!

While I doubt it will sell out in the morning, all the decent seats will be gone. I got mine yesterday. Centre of Block D :) Hello fellow Sting/Macca fans :)

I just tried with the O2 password there now, and it's not working for me. I'm not sure if that means all the presale tickets are gone, find that hard to believe.

I guess I'll try the old fashioned way of actually going into Ticketmaster tomorrow.

I might try on the Ticketmaster site in the morning, it goes on sale to the general public at 9am.

I won't worry too much though, someone is bound to be selling a ticket nearer the time.

Though I did want a nice comfortable seat, old age!!!

Though I did want a nice comfortable seat, old age!!!

It is fully seated ;)

• Advertisement

Bought my ticket this morning :) Can't wait.

Thanks guys, got my ticket in the end via the ticketmaster website. It's in Block N, though I would have preferrred someting a bit more to the middle.

See you all in October!

(Wasn't Macca great?!!)

(Wasn't Macca great?!!)

Brilliant!!!!

I'm looking forward to this now, just printed off my ticket yesterday. Has anyone seen any reviews of this show?

I'm looking forward to this now, just printed off my ticket yesterday. Has anyone seen any reviews of this show?

I haven't read anything in any great detail but what I have seen has being very positive! Turns out this will be a very busy week for me as I fly to Poland Sunday 3rd for Leonard Cohen in katowice on the 4th. Return late on the 5th with Sting on the 7th.......... Yes I am am crazy..........

Have ye listen to Symphonicities much?

No. haven't heard it yet. I read a few reviews on Amazon, some of them weren't great. However I haven't seen Sting before (since way back when he was in the police) so I'm still looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Hi Ive got tickets to Stings concert in the O2 this coming week.I'm from mullingar myself and Im really dying to go to this concert.

However my problem is transport,The last Bus out of dublin is at 9.30 :mad: no use,So im wondering does anyone know of any private coaches going from westmeath?:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

or even if anyone was interested in organising a coach/bus..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Looking forward to tonight, it should be a good show. It will be hard to beat my last gig though. GNR was just so exciting and filled with tension:p:p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Fantastic show tonight.

That was total professionalism without a doubt!

For anyone interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO-vNAz1ABU

Hope you enjoy

I agree excellent show. I was 20 rows back in the tiered seating and amazingly at the end I was able to get to the stage and get a setlist! Couldn't believe the people at the front didn't snap them up! I'll be writing a full review of the gig later and when it is published I'll post a link. In the meantime see this link for my photos.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=239246&id=708703400&l=0d055619d6

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

I was on row 19, great view
    Fantastic show ! The man can sing :-)

Just a shame that the guy next to me spent all evening eating his cheese & onion Taytos :o ...

Vico1612 wrote: »
    I was on row 19, great view
    Fantastic show ! The man can sing :-)

Just a shame that the guy next to me spent all evening eating his cheese & onion Taytos :o ...

I had idiots next to me too. They are obviously bigger fans than me as they knew a hell of alot more songs than me but all through Sting talking between songs they were laughing and talking really load. So annoying!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Gig was pretty good alright (the musicianship was first class).

however there was a lot of people there with a bad attitude who dont understand the rules of going to to gigs. I had to tell the woman beside me to stop leanin on me to take pictures (we were sitting down)... at one stage I swear she took at least 15 pictures in a 2 minute window. Why go to the gig if you not going to watch it...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

DrumSteve wrote: »
    .... Why go to the gig if you not going to watch it...

Agree .. the best one I saw this week was at the Jean Michel Jarre gig ...
    Women a few rows in front of me started reading her cooking book she'd just got from Easons :D

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Agree .. the best one I saw this week was at the Jean Michel Jarre gig ...
    Women a few rows in front of me started reading her cooking book she'd just got from Easons :D

Ha ha :D Was he that bad????? ;)

I take loads of photos but don't interrupt anyone elses pleasure. For me I feel something is missing if I can't take photos but I keep flash off and generally use the view finder so my camera is in front of me and no one else.

I was in the second row, directly in front of Sting. I managed to get one of Dominic Miller's plectrums!

Great gig overall, the orchestra set-up really did songs like Russians justice. The highlight was King of Pain, love that song! The audience seemed to echo my feelings.

Mr. K wrote: »
    I was in the second row, directly in front of Sting. I managed to get one of Dominic Miller's plectrums!

Great gig overall, the orchestra set-up really did songs like Russians justice. The highlight was King of Pain, love that song! The audience seemed to echo my feelings.

Yes I totally agree. Russians as the first song where I thought WOW this sounds amazing and King of Pain definitely got the best reaction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

musicmania wrote: »
    I had idiots next to me too. They are obviously bigger fans than me as they knew a hell of alot more songs than me but all through Sting talking between songs they were laughing and talking really load. So annoying!!!!

I was obviously sitting to close to you. They got louder as the music did, a complete waste of time for them being there. Otherwise it was a fantastic night with a truly great performer who put on one hell of a show accompanied by a fantastic orchestra who also put everything into making the night so enjoyable.

Advertisement