Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crabbies beer in cork, please help!

• 02-06-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I absolutely love this stuff but its very hard to find has anyone seen it anywhere in cork or even on the internet prehaps?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I hear its in SuperValu in Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cotmar

It's all gone. Som alco took it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Widget72

2 best places to try are the Abbots Ale house and Bradleys in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

cotmar wrote: »
    I absolutely love this stuff but its very hard to find has anyone seen it anywhere in cork or even on the internet prehaps?
    i picked it up out of curiosity a few weeks ago in Fine Wines, Blackpool Retail Park. Really didn't like the stuff, way too sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i love it too, but have only had in in england. couldnt find it in limerick, does anyone know if it's easy to find in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

i love it too, but have only had in in england. couldnt find it in limerick, does anyone know if it's easy to find in dublin?

Have heard talk of it being availible in Superquinn in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

it's also in fine wine's in limerick too... i had checked a few weeks ago and they said they didnt think they'd be getting it, but lo and behold there it was last week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 United Wine Merchants

Hi Guys!!

Glad to hear you are all enjoying Crabbies Ginger Beer!

United Wine Merchants are the sole supplier of Crabbies in both North & South Ireland.

@Cotmar- please try ODonovans & Bradleys Supermarket in Cork,they both have Crabbies in stock

@vicecreamsundae-please try Talbots Off Licence, the Strand Off Licence, Redmonds, Gaynors in Dublin. If you would like to contact me stacey@unitedwinemerchants.co.uk I will be able to point you in the right direction as we have a number of Dublin stockists available.

If anyone would like any help finding stockists please drop me an email.

Thanks!

And remember to enjoy a Spiffing Crabbies this Summer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Superquinn in Blanchardstown village do crabbies beer there might also be a superquinn in Cork I don't know for sure.

Dunnes will be stocking it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Superquinn in Blanchardstown village do crabbies beer there might also be a superquinn in Cork I don't know for sure.

No superquinn in Cork:mad::mad:
    All these beer deals everyone keeps talking about in SQ has me writhing in angst jealousy!

All these beer deals everyone keeps talking about in SQ has me writhing in angst jealousy!
    No Superquinn. No O'Briens. In the country's second city, truly puzzling.

grenache wrote: »
    No Superquinn. No O'Briens. In the country's second city, truly puzzling.

Probably because there are too many tescos. Dont think theres a demand for Superquinn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hogzy wrote: »
    Probably because there are too many tescos. Dont think theres a demand for Superquinn.

Oh, I'd swap every Tesco in Cork for one SuperQuinn.!!

Tesco (particularly my local one - which used to be the 'Cork Flagship') have gone to sh1te of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Thats weird now isn't it? I wonder why there's no Superquinn in Cork.

:confused:

Hogzy wrote: »
    I disagree, i know lots of people in Cork who would choose Superquinn over Tesco. Even if it ment paying a little more. As regards fresh food, wine and beer selection, there's no comparison between the two.

grenache wrote: »
    I disagree, i know lots of people in Cork who would choose Superquinn over Tesco. Even if it ment paying a little more. As regards fresh food, wine and beer selection, there's no comparison between the two.

And those people few people you know would want to be spending alot of money to keep it going. There isnt room for another supermarket on the southside. Dunno about the northside.

Picked up two bottles of crabbies in dunnes tonight, €2.89 so it's a bit expensive.

Picked up two bottles of crabbies in dunnes tonight, €2.89 so it's a bit expensive.
    That's an outrageous price for a bottle of ginger! Since the abolition of the groceries order it's common practice for the big supermarkets to sell at below cost price, or at the very least at the RRP, which in Crabbies case is E2.69. So its rather unusual for them to be 20 cent more expensive, even more so considering its new to the Irish market and needs good publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I've been getting crabbies for 2.49 in fine wines the last while and was hoping it would be cheaper now that Dunnes stocks it! oh well. at least FW weren't ripping me off anyways.

• Advertisement

Which dunnes is it in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ballincollig dunnes have it.

is it in any tesco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,567 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

They have it in Eurospar in Passage West. Didn't notice the price.

Advertisement