Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bambu Restaurant - huge price hikes!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Raiser wrote: »

- But I do know that if you fcuk your Customers over then the perceived insult will cause their own obstinate nature to kick in and lead them to drop you in an instant and then go on tell 10 other People what you're at - Or in this case 706 other People so far and that's well inside of 24 hours.......

You get insulted when a take-away raises it prices? Oh man :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Aidric wrote: »
    I've eaten there many times and never experienced an 'attitude' towards customers. Perhaps you'd like to explain what you're on about.
    No answer to this question I see. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

No answer to this question I see. :rolleyes:

Oh sorry Aidric, I had actually chosen to ignore it on the basis of it being a non sequitur and also because of your perennial desire to create conflict as demonstrated above yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Myself and the better half eat in the Bambu quite often (most Saturdays). I taught before this price increase came in that the portion sizes had dropped slightly which pissed me off a bit. Since the price increase came in the portion sizes have gone back up but as said a few times in the thread a 33% increase is a bit much in today's economic climate.

The 'Tea Time Special' 3 course set menu has increased from 13.95 to 15.95 (about 14%) which still is not too bad.

I find the staff very friendly and never experienced any bad attitude from them.

One thing that drives my crazy about the place is the tiny two seater tables, particularly when both people are having curries (4 bowls, two plates, a large water jug and two glasses), it all gets a bit cramped.

Overall I am a bit pissed off over the price increases but I will still go back there to eat, albeit not as often until the prices drop again. At the current pricing there are others alternatives around town.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

h3000 wrote: »
    I find the staff very friendly and never experienced any bad attitude from them.

h3 -Just to clarify, I was referring to their attitude towards pricing, it's just Aidric attempted to imply a greater meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've eaten there many times and never experienced an 'attitude' towards customers. Perhaps you'd like to explain what you're on about.
    Oh sorry Aidric, I had actually chosen to ignore it on the basis of it being a non sequitur and also because of your perennial desire to create conflict as demonstrated above yet again.

Cut out the bickering, folks.... Nobody wants to read you two sniping at each other. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Raiser wrote: »
    I find your reasoning fatally flawed, this thread has had as many as 510 views in 15 hours and several People have taken the trouble to post specifically to say they are determined to avoid the place solely because of the recent price hike.

So you believe that if someone walks in now, sees the prices...

If they had read a whine on a forum they WONT pay as opposed to if they had not read the whine they would pay? IMO THATS flawed logic.

What ever way you look at it they dont care about a forum anywhere, tbh it matters very little to any normal persons life in fact but what they will care about is money... thats why they are in business. You can read opinions all day long but what will make the difference is when you are handing over cash ... bottom line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

RonMexico wrote: »
    Most businesses are struggling to make ends meet. Most businesses can't even pay their rates. A recession affects everybody. It does not mean that every business should automatically lower their prices just because you'd like that. Footfall is down for all businessses, something has to give. That means either letting workers go or raising prices. €7.95 is cheap. If you can't afford it you should cook your own food.

Misunderstanding economics of scale has always been an Irish trait that has fascinated me for years.
    Everywhere in the world every 6 year old is taught the first law of supply and demand:
    Increased supply and lower demand= lower prices.
    Increased demand and lower supply= higher prices.
    This goes in tandem with economics of scale.
    Lower your prices, increase turnover= higher profits. You make less money on a single item, but since you shift more of them, profit is increased.

These lessons in economy are in no way new or revolutionary, they are being taught to 6 year olds the world over.
    Only Ireland is (as always) different.
    Decreased demand? Increase prices. this will lead to even lower demand and economics of scale then dictate that your overall profit is down.
    Keep going that way and you'll be in the dole queue PDQ.
    Having said that I don't think Bambu's prices are extortionate, but increasing prices in time of lesser demand is a surefire way to decreased turnover and profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Irish History 101.

Bearskins and Dinosaur hunting

Crannogs and Boar Hunting.

800 Years of W@nker Neighbours.

Rabid Catholicism.

Got crafty and joined the 'EEC'

Hans, Bertrand, Miguel and Franziska build us roads and finance all our Loans.

Every 19 year old in the Country thinks he deserves a 5 Series 'Beemer'

Irish People enjoy paying through the nose for everything - Expensive = Classy.

Every Pimple-Popping Idiot that ever failed his Leaving Cert borrows 500,000,000 from Anglo.

CRASH > RECESSSION > NAMA > SCHOOLS STILL PREFABS > HOSPITALS STILL SHÍTE

2010 People still stoopid - Rinse and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

i dont think the prices are that bad even with the increase. Try bella italia who are charging 14/15 Eu for a plate of pasta. Nice and all as it was, thats robbery

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

vkid wrote: »
    i dont think the prices are that bad even with the increase....

They are 33% or 1/3 higher though! :eek:

Demand is highly elastic I'd suggest. Some will clearly be happy to pay the much higher prices, but I'd suggest many more won't.

New takeaway menu just arrived.

Mainstream Thai curries have been increased in price from €5.95 (which was good) up to €7.95 (which isn't).

My bad maths tells me that's an increase of an enormous 33% :eek:

Rip off Ireland is alive and well.
    It is. I can't think of any chinese place that would be much over €8 for a dish incl. rice.

What about the massive increase? 33%!!!!! :eek:

p.s. It's a recession
    Easy.

Dishes were roughly €6, and are now roughly €8. A massive 33% increase in the middle of a recession.

Granted we can all read menus, but I thought it was worth highlighting. I won't darken their door again.
    In a recession costs should be minimised and value increased if possible.

Putting prices up in this market by 1/3 is financial suicide.
    Why not enlighten us then Ron?

All I can see is a monumental 33% price hike, at a time when people are quite rightly very concerned and conservative with their discretionary spending.

Demand is highly elastic I'd suggest. Some will clearly be happy to pay the much higher prices, but I'd suggest many more won't.

Looks like somebody just learned fractions and percentages in school and is trying to show off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Looks like somebody just learned fractions and percentages in school and is trying to show off.

Far from it. Just illustrating a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Ya the increase is hefty enough % wise but against some other Chinese, their overall price is grand imo. Their food was lurvely any time i was there too so i'm happy enough to pay it.

At least Bambu are relatively cheap overall, maybe not as cheap as they were but still reasonable. Like a McDonalds Big Mac Meal will cost you the bones of 8Eu. I'd prefer to pay that to Bambu myself .

Suppose i'm still in complete shock after the price of pasta in Bella italia so 7.95 for a chinese is fine imo

Far from it. Just illustrating a point.

Over and over and over

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Over and over and over

Glad to see it worked :D

Advertisement