Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nalini Shorts on PBK - Good buy?

• 02-06-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

I saw these Nalini bicycle shorts for sale on PBK. That looks like a good price as far as I can tell. They’re listed in the Men’s Clothing section as can be seen in the title of the web page. However, the sizing options makes me wonder if they’re really for men and haven't been erroneously listed on the site. It seems very odd that the smallest sizing option is for a waist size of 20-22 inches but I've never bought cycling clothing online. I got my two pairs of shorts from Cycleways but I could do with an extra pair.

There’s also the bib version of the same shorts for only €2 extra which I’d buy if people think they're a good purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think for 22 euro you can take a chance on them. I don't have those shorts, I think the liquigas shorts are Nalini though and they are reasonably comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I bought those bib shorts as my first ever bib shorts about 2 years ago for about €16 and while they are not what I would call "good" there was nothing wrong with them for the price and the short cycles I was doing at the time...now I couldn't wear them after experiencing better quality brands and increased amount of time spent in the saddle. The chamois is basically just a softer fabric which wont chaffe (is that even a word?) you and there is no real thickness/cushioning/padding to it. It all depends on what your intended use is.

Also, take no notice of their size charts, they are way off in my experience...I have a 28" waist and fit comfortably into the size 2! Go with whatever size you normally would go for and take no notice of the recommended measurements would be my advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

The non bib ones were my first pair of cycling shorts. The padding is not great compared to more expensive shorts but they are fine for short cycles and at that price i don't think you'd get much better. Go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

If you can wait and spend a little more your ass will thank you. If you are going to be spending more than 2 hours in the saddle, buy the best you can afford. Nalini are a very reputable brand but this is their basic entry level chamois. A more expensive Nalini might be a better option. Make sure and read this post.
    I am not implying that shorts are the reason for levitronix's predicament but more probably his long hours in the saddle so quality is important.
    If however you are buying stick with bib versions and remember Italian sizes are smaller than normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

what the advantage of bib shorts over regular shorts, i will be buying my first set and wondered the difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

ipodrocker wrote: »
    what the advantage of bib shorts over regular shorts, i will be buying my first set and wondered the difference?
    Much more comfortable around the waist as no band digging into you. Covers the kidney area and less draughts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Ant

I'll buy a pair for using on evening spins which wouldn't be more than 2 hours. I can then keep my €75 Campagnolo shorts for weekend spins. (I also use Chamois cream on the longer spins as I go a saddle sore once and don't wish to relive the experience.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Ant

I got these shorts 2 weeks ago but only got to take them out earlier today. I was out for a 5 hour cycle (including lots of breaks) and found them fine. I'd be happy to recommend them to anyone else looking for a bargain pair of shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

I have these on order so will report on how good they are.

Advertisement