Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free talk,text and unlimited internet on 3?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

hi, my friend is on 3pay broadband & recently topped up by €30 so he could buy the €25 for a month broadband add on....but when he went into my3 i noticed that under his balance it had also given him 3000 weekend mins & 3000 texts.....so i put his sim into my mobile, as i'm on BOB with 3 & made a call & it worked.
    So my question is, could he go and get a 3 mobile(he's with o2 at the mo) and use this sim for everday use as a mobile sim & then put it into his dongle for when he wents to browse the net....and all this would only cost him €25 a month???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been covered...

but last time I checked, if you topped up by 20 euro on 3, you got
    -free unlimited any network texs
    -free unlimited any network weekend calls...

but now it seems they have also added free unlimited web surfing as well?

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay.htm
    Great deal..

It's not ''free'' if you have to top up by 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Hey people complaining go to the other three networks and see the minimium price to get the closest you can to value and range as this deal, i dare you.

Three suck balls for their range of phones - but network wise top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Three suck balls for their range of phones - but network wise top class.

Only top class when you are in a 3g area otherwise it sucks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

hi, my friend is on 3pay broadband & recently topped up by €30 so he could buy the €25 for a month broadband add on....but when he went into my3 i noticed that under his balance it had also given him 3000 weekend mins & 3000 texts.....so i put his sim into my mobile, as i'm on BOB with 3 & made a call & it worked.
    So my question is, could he go and get a 3 mobile(he's with o2 at the mo) and use this sim for everday use as a mobile sim & then put it into his dongle for when he wents to browse the net....and all this would only cost him €25 a month???

If you worked it right yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    It's not ''free'' if you have to top up by 20 euro.

It is free. Once you top up by €20 you get €20 credit applied to your account to spend as you wish. If for the next 30 days you don't pay for text messages or weekend calls then they are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I may be wrong but from my reading of the terms and conditions I think the way the internet data part of the offer works is that if you top up by €20 and then buy the €5 add on the 250MB limit does not apply - which is where the 'unlimited' is coming from.

If this is the case then they certainly got it across badly and it is very unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Quoted from three.ie terms and conditions

*Unlimited internet subject to fair usage limit of 250 MB per 30 day period and subject to €5 internet add-on being purchased out of €20 top-up.

Regardless of the purchase requirement .... it's still not unlimited - It has a limit of 250 MB

That's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Orlee wrote: »
    [/B]

Regardless of the purchase requirement .... it's still not unlimited - It has a limit of 250 MB

That's ridiculous!

Have informed asai as well, will see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Nowso wrote: »
    If you worked it right yeah

how would he do it? have you done this yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

flodis79 wrote: »
    Have informed asai as well, will see what they say.

I got a letter in the post today saying that my claim will be looked in to. Professionals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 turlybork

they could still get away with the "unlimited" status of their internet... they didnt say what was unlimited about it... It could be that you can visit any website on the internet instead of their "walled garden" thing they used to do. Even so, It's very misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Free Bebo alerts :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 thesmiler

The month is long over but no sign yet about the 500 MB package. Anyone knows if that's still coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

3 will be changing the "5 euro for 250mb" to "5 euro for 500mb" in a month or so as far as i know which will equate to their old 1gig for a tenner offer - even better in the sense that 500mb might suffice.

thesmiler wrote: »
    The month is long over but no sign yet about the 500 MB package. Anyone knows if that's still coming?

I think it has now arrived :D Although it took a little longer than the month I thought it would take.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Sweet. Good to see my data add on doubling in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Im thinking of switching over from meteor, the free skype calls are really appealling to me... I have nokia 5800 so would i be able to download the skype app and use it that way or would i have to buy a 3 phone for it to work without using up my internet add on??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

mooeire wrote: »
    Im thinking of switching over from meteor, the free skype calls are really appealling to me... I have nokia 5800 so would i be able to download the skype app and use it that way or would i have to buy a 3 phone for it to work without using up my internet add on??

im with three and am using a non three handset i have managed to download skype no problem but MSN IM wont download.

im with three and am using a non three handset i have managed to download skype no problem but MSN IM wont download.

Ok thanks, and it works ok and doesnt use up your internet add on??

• Advertisement

Ok thanks, and it works ok and doesnt use up your internet add on??

i have been using it for over 18 months now have it on 24/7 i didnt have an add on till two weeks ago, saying that i also have a payg 3 sim but you need to top up every so often according to 3

i have been using it for over 18 months now have it on 24/7 i didnt have an add on till two weeks ago, saying that i also have a payg 3 sim but you need to top up every so often according to 3

Ok thanks a lot.. Think ill order a sim online now

Just ordered a sim.. Would you know how id go about downloading the skype app?

Just ordered a sim.. Would you know how id go about downloading the skype app?

use this http://mobile.3ireland.ie/Hb/Hutchkey once you have saved planet 3 to your settings go to services and you will see the skype7msn app just click on the icon and it will down load.

use this http://mobile.3ireland.ie/Hb/Hutchkey once you have saved planet 3 to your settings go to services and you will see the skype7msn app just click on the icon and it will down load.

Great stuff.. thanks a lot for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Meteor customer here too.
    Seriously thinking of switching to 3 and in fact, have decided I will. Customer support from Meteor hasn't been good enough for me in the last few months but anyway.

Can I just email them (3) to switch me over and use the same sim card as already in my phone, or do I have to get the new sim and all that?

The Unlimited Texts, Unlimited weekend calls and the 500mb mobile internet is very enticing indeed. All I need now is to get my Nokia E63 unlocked and I'm away with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You need to get a 3Paysim card, if you go into a store they can process the number port then. If you order off the web you wait until you receive the aim then call them to get your number potted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Fill out this authorisation form: Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

After I get my 3Pay sim in the post I presume Davy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Doocey wrote: »
    After I get my 3Pay sim in the post I presume Davy?

Exactly

Advertisement