Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free talk,text and unlimited internet on 3?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Cheers, look forward to using 3. Hope I'm not disappointed :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bbor005

Keep us posted on how you get along. Am tempted to switch over, depending on what the story is with the no-2g issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

just had to say even though its prob been said so many times before , three value for money and covvergae i find excellent but their customer care does suck, just been on phone for twenty minutes tryin to get simple thing changed , biggest problem was rep tryin to understand me and me trying to understand her,they also didnt appear very clued in bout how there own system works, it is very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I can't understand this language barrier, you were both speaking english and you both talk to Irish people every day yet neither of ye can understand each other, how do you manage in the mc donalds?....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

my 2G service with 3 works no problem it would never work about 2years ago when i had a sony ericsson k610i phone but now my sony c510 with HSPA internet works great over vodafone 2G its always handy to have 2G outside of 3G areas:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I can't understand this language barrier, you were both speaking english and you both talk to Irish people every day yet neither of ye can understand each other, how do you manage in the mc donalds?....:confused:

ah you just point at the menu board and say meal number 6:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

puddles22 wrote: »
    just had to say even though its prob been said so many times before , three value for money and covvergae i find excellent but their customer care does suck, just been on phone for twenty minutes tryin to get simple thing changed , biggest problem was rep tryin to understand me and me trying to understand her,they also didnt appear very clued in bout how there own system works, it is very frustrating

thats because their retards...they have NO technical skills at all as every single case of technical assistance is read out of the book...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

thats because their retards...they have NO technical skills at all as every single case of technical assistance is read out of the book...

They can probably spell though, by 'their retards' I presume you ment 'they're retards' (although I would imagine they are not in any way retarded). Also what book are you talking about when you mention 'the book'

getting sick of the retarded remarks as well, he even called me one the other day and didn't even know it.

lol when you call them as many times as i did you will know!

meanwhile check my spelling :p

• Advertisement

I call every day a few times, stop calling people retards (i'm serious). And it's not just your spelling, your grammar needs to be looked at as well.

well why don't you discuss that with my ex-English teacher while i go enjoy my life...

you would hardly call three customer care highly educated customer support...

every single time you call them they tell ya the same thing in the same way the other fella did the last time your rang...

this is why im assuming their following and giving answers by the book not of their personal knowledge

===================================================================================================

If your unhappy with my spelling i suggest you visit this forum where people probably never have misspelled a word in their life...

you might be happier there than in the Mobiles Forum

If your unhappy with my spelling

I'm about 2 posts off calling you a retard, I have a problem with you calling people retards and it's not just the guys in india you call retarded. Do you get it that it upsets some of us, could you stop doing it?
    Besides that i've no problem at all with you, your an asset to the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

I'm about 2 posts off calling you a retard, I have a problem with you calling people retards and it's not just the guys in india you call retarded. Do you get it that it upsets some of us, could you stop doing it?
    Besides that i've no problem at all with you, your an asset to the forum

I second the above comment, it would make your posts a lot more enjoyable if you refrained from using it.

** smacks self ;) "your an asset to the forum" or you're an asset to the forum

I second the above comment, it would make your posts a lot more enjoyable if you refrained from using it.

** smacks self "your an asset to the forum" or you're an asset to the forum
    lol

======================================================================================================

what should i call their incompetent minds so?

sorry but i never have dealt with a non india person calling three customer care

it has been mentioned on other threads about the three CS reading from a script i have gotten used to it now, that if i do have a problem i call the lads in waterford and ask them to pass my concerns on to the Irish mgmt.
    as for the lingo problems that is all down to dialect in my line of work i have had dealings with our french/german offices , i normally speak(according to my mates) at 1000 miles an hour while speaking to the guys in France i speak slower, after all who the f**k understands the healy rays:D.

yeah well i got used to them reading from a script too...so used to it i memorized their troubleshooting methods...

which don't really do anything

yeah well i got used to them reading from a script too...so used to it i memorized their troubleshooting methods...

which don't really do anything

is it this one turn off phone remove battery&sim card and then re insert the sim&battery and turn on the phone.:rolleyes:

i memorized

:rolleyes:
    Ahh now I understand why they don't understand you, your talk like an Americano.

• Advertisement

is it this one turn off phone remove battery&sim card and then re insert the sim&battery and turn on the phone.:rolleyes:

No. Troubleshooting slow mobile broadband speeds!

smart ass

What's the time frame for receiving their 3Pay sims ?

Eager to get going!
    Will keep ye updated :)

sure you can pick one up in the shop :)

I did check your spelling and pointed out where you were incorrect. If you are not happy with 3 leave, if you have left well done, no matter what the problem is there is no need to call their customer care team retards and I'm sure most on this forum will agree. Comments like that belong in the R&R forum

Walkman wrote: »
    I did check your spelling and pointed out where you were incorrect. If you are not happy with 3 leave, if you have left well done, no matter what the problem is there is no need to call their customer care team retards and I'm sure most on this forum will agree. Comments like that belong in the R&R forum

lol at u :) get a life seriously...

sure you can pick one up in the shop :)

I've one ordered off the site, so I might as well wait until Monday.
    Although, I don't think it'd make much of a difference which SIM I used?

lol at u :) get a life seriously...

LOL at me on an Internet forum where no one knows who you are.........good God

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The topic is "free talk,text and unlimited internet on 3"!

Not more bickering or insults to anyone please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Gazmantoo

mathew wrote: »
    technically it is free. When you change to 3 you get 5e credit every time you top you 20e for the first 10 months. So if you use that 5e to buy the add on then you have
    20e credit
    250mb of internet
    3000 texts
    3000 weekend minutes
    Free skype calls

The ad is a bit misleading tho..

From my experience, internet wont work without 3G. They roam on the vodafone 2G network to improve coverage but dont allow internet connections on it!!

NOT CORRECT!; when you change to 3 you DO NOT get 5e credit every time you top you 20e for the first 10 months. If you bring your number from another network you get a ONCE OFF €5 credit only. It doesn't matter how many times you top up...you only get the one €5 credit...
    '3' are very very misleading in what they tell you!, I could tell you real horror stories about them but it would take too long...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Ok. Well every time I top up with 20 I get an extra 2 for the free 10% and 5e that comes up on my3 as free credit. When I joined I was told I'd get 5 a month for 10 months if I topped up with 20e.
    I'm fairly sure it's true. For my account it certainly is.

Advertisement