Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free talk,text and unlimited internet on 3?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Dark blue on the coverage map is weak 3G signal, light blue is full 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Walkman wrote: »
    Dark blue on the coverage map is weak 3G signal, light blue is full 3G

I'm in good coverage both in Mayo & Galway so :)

Cheers for the help.
    Got another call off them, about 2 and a half hours later apologising for not being switched over yet, but I won't complain because as I said earlier, I expect it'll be a day at least. :)

3 porting is down until tomorrow

Why's that, like a normal working day is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

08:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday, 10:00 - 16:00 Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    Why's that, like a normal working day is it?

It not normal they were not clear to port this evening then porting stopped until tomorrow. Happens all the networks from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Like Vodafone at christmas, could it have been any better timing, 2 to 3 weeks it was down. I wonder will it happen again this year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I still reckon it was deliberate. What a time of year not to let anyone leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Walkman wrote: »
    3 porting is down until tomorrow

Apparently still down today.
    I bought a prepay 3 phone in store on thurs, and they took details to port my number over from Meteor there and then, was told should be ported over in 2-4 hour's time.
    Am still waiting for the number to port over 2 days later, and it's currently "stuck" between the two networks, meaning I can't use my number on meteor's network now either :( in the interim.
    Have been onto both the store and the call-centre, and they don't have any idea when porting will be up and running again, they're working on whatever issues they're having at the moment but no clear timeline for when my number will be ported over.
    Having said that, the staff couldn't have been nicer or more aplogetic about the delay. Just hope they get it up and running again soon, as I need to be contactable on that number.

Porting completed today at 12.10.

Happy out, but where to now?
    Login into my account on three.ie?

Just an update. Been on 3 for over a week now. Excellent coverage, everywhere as expected, and their mobile internet isn't too shabby either.

All in all, so far so good, and saving myself money too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Registered with Three instore at 10am- number ported and activated in less than half an hour.

Great so far- support has been good- great speeds and offer, and most of all I was surprised that Meteor let my custom and number go so easy!

Bye bye Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Raoul

Registered a few hours ago with three, still hasnt ported my number over yet. But anway... how the hell do you check your credit?

Raoul wrote: »
    Registered a few hours ago with three, still hasnt ported my number over yet. But anway... how the hell do you check your credit?

Go to planet 3 on your phone then my3

Go to planet 3 on your phone then my3

Where the hell is planet 3???

Where the hell is planet 3???

Are you using a 3 phone? Should be a button on the home screen linking to planet 3. What phone is it?

Is the three site down?

Not using a three phone. Its a nokia 5800 just got my sim today and im still using the temporary number.

• Advertisement

Have you setup the 5800 with the H3GI internet settings?

H3GI?? I was sent three or four messages which changed all my settings. At the moment I am using the wireless and no luck.

H3GI?? I was sent three or four messages which changed all my settings. At the moment I am using the wireless and no luck.

H3GI = Hutchison 3G Ireland, their proper name.

You wont get into the 3 portal using wlan. You need to use their internet connection. Its free to browse the 3 portal in anycase so dont be worried

Turn off the WIFI on the phone and you'll get into planet 3, also make sure you haven't 3G disabled.

Cheers lads!!!

Now all I have to do is fecking wait for 3 to change my number over!! :mad:

It won't happen tonight porting has closed, it'll probably be tomorrow.

Have a play around in planet 3, plenty of free stuff, previewing on the 3 music store is free as well.

What sort of free stuff??

What sort of free stuff??

Free Skype calls, MSN, Google & Yahoo searches.

Must say, being in college and ringing back home using Skype is a god send! Free & excellent call quality, tbh I can't ask for much more!

Happy with me switch over :)

Im an idiot. Where do you download msn and skype for the mobile so that you ensure its free?

• Advertisement

No question is stupid my friend, and 3 Ireland are slightly different than others.

Go to the homepage of My Three. See the tabs, click "Services" and scroll down to "Communicate". Click that and you should be able to download your MSN, Skype apps :)

Homepage -> Services -> Communicate.

Advertisement