Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my English credit rating be linked to my Irish credit rating?

Options
  • 02-06-2010 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm from England and have quite a poor credit rating there.
    I have lived in Ireland since 2008 and have no debt or credit rating here at all.
    I need a new car and my was thinking about applying for a small loan of about €2k - what I want to know is, will my English credit rating be linked to my Irish one?
    Or will they do a search and it just comes back blank, as I have no credit rating in Ireland?

I'd appreciate answers from people who actually KNOW the answer to this and not just people who 'think' what it will be - I don't mean that horribly, I just really want to know 100% for definate!!

Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seperate countries, seperate credit rating systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

No, they won't be linked. Only Irish financial institutions can affect it (so that means no utility bills, etc can affect it either).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The ICB (Irish Credit Bureau) solely exists within the jurisdiction of the Republic of Ireland. Now if someone wanted to go to the trouble they "could" go and check your UK credit history. However for a personal loan it's highly unlikely that the bank would do it, purely on cost. However it's often a prerequisite for companies wanting to open an bank account in Ireland and vice versa abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭EnglishPollop

Thanks for all your help guys :D

Advertisement