Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super smash bros melee!

Options
  • 02-06-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm aware that a post similar to this has already been made,however that was some time ago so i am just seeing if the interest is still there. im basically wondering if anybody would be interest in playing melee. casuals first and then maybe tournaments. From what ive seen in xgc i dont think they have wiis, and i assume they wouldnt let you set one up so i wouldn't be sure if that location would work for it. Anyway if the wii thing doesn't work i could always bring in my laptop with the N64 smash bros(gamecube emulator would kill it:eek:) to xgc.

So... anybody interested in some smash bros(Falcon ....Punch!!!!!!!:p)

*any recommendations on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm not into the game myself but I'll do anything to encourage those who are get something going.

Didnt know you could get a version of it going on a laptop , that's sweet and sounds like a decent option for XGC

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

I'd definitely be interested in playing some smash bros, not sure how to go about it though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just bring a Gamecube into XGC and leave it under the table.

As long as you pay for the time, they don't care what you use really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Melee is my favourite fighting game. I'd love to play.

I can also bring anything as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Mike i can hook you up with a pretty good few brawl players, my friends, they usually have 12h overnighters in the XGC, i'll let you know when the next one is on. I'll tell them theres there another SSB head in our community looking to play too.

• Advertisement

Xinkai wrote: »
    Mike i can hook you up with a pretty good few brawl players

Melee and Brawl are too very different beasts.

I'd rather Melee simply because I was a waster college student when it came out, and I had a lot of time to play it.

When Brawl came out I had a job and a helluva lot less time to play games, so I never got the chance to get into it a fraction as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dracucard

Xinkai wrote: »
    Mike i can hook you up with a pretty good few brawl players, my friends, they usually have 12h overnighters in the XGC, i'll let you know when the next one is on. I'll tell them theres there another SSB head in our community looking to play too.

Awesome man

UberPrinny_Baal Its my favorite too :D

i have a cube and 2 (maybe 3 ill have to look) pads. it would be cool to do team matches as well as 1 on 1,so if anybody has a pad they could bring that would be great

I have some pads. If you're just planning on bringing one machines, there won't be any problems there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Melee and Brawl are too very different beasts.

I'd rather Melee simply because I was a waster college student when it came out, and I had a lot of time to play it.

When Brawl came out I had a job and a helluva lot less time to play games, so I never got the chance to get into it a fraction as much.

Beggars can't be choosers y'know.scientrific fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

YES! Would love to play some Smash, havent played that game in years now, UberPrinny hosted 2 tournaments over in UCD (or was it DCU? I cant remember which). Would need to find my controller though, its been years since I needed to use my GC controller.

I have a USB controller for PC's that I used to use for Smash 64, its not great though, only has a D-Pad, no stick, but I wouldn't mind playing that game again. I could bring a Wii as well. I have a Gamecube but not too sure where all the cables are.

So, Smash 64, Melee or Brawl Im up for it all. Especially Melee.

Just as soon as Im done with this LC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Id travel up from Limerick for this :) God i love the series!

We should pick a day where we're all coming and agree to bring equipment.

Since Inferno for SSFIV is on this Saturday and the place is going to be packed, I don't think trying to play Melee that day would be terribly successful.

But if we want to do it on one of the other casual days when things are a bit less mad, I'm always eager to play some Melee and Smash some peeps.

Ok so who whould be interesdted in trying to do this on saturday. ill bring a game cube and 4 pads(and the game:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'm **** but i'll jump in for a few games.

I really wana get people to do this.what day is good for people? im good for. . . well any day but Wednesday :P. so lets get smashin people :D

I was gonna come in today but I've fallen ill. :(

I'll let you know next time I'm heading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

Damn! Missed this!

I play brawl, but always wanted to get into Melee.

Next weeks no good, but the week after that I can play. Until then enjoy some Melee footage of me getting raped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdRcLFWSjAo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ti7V0t2tk4

Final round where I get 4-stocked was uploaded by a friend, who's account I think has been deleted.

Im the Marth player.

Based on the rankings decided by the Tir Na Smash Tournaments, you're definitely #2, but Aidan is still #1.

Even at that I can beat him some of the time, so I imagine you can too.

Looking forward to seeing if the other guys on here got game :D

Looking back on those videos, Im pretty sure Aidan went easy on me, I made so many mistakes, and rolled way too much, easy punish for him everytime.

I improved since then but I havent played in a long time so Im a little rusty, got some games of brawl going with a friend of mine but I couldn't find my gc controller so I had to use the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo, which sucked. Need a new brawl main, Zelda is apparently useless.

• Advertisement

GorySnake wrote: »
    I improved since then

Haha, Bad news for me then, I've only gotten worse.

My Melee disc spun itself to death from overuse shortly after TnS1, so I haven't played since then, with the exception of TnS2.

My girlfriend actually bought me a new mint copy last week, so I should practice up.

Popped it in tonight out of boredom and still able to Wavedash and SHFFL. Brawl got so many advanced techniques since the last time I played, Smashboards is now full of lingo I dont understand. Looking into either maining:
    Diddy (Banana lockdown is ridiculous)
    Pit (stupidly good projectile + recovery)
    or Wolf (Up Taunt)

I dont think you and I have ever had a team game together, gotta get some 2v2's going at the next casuals as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Based on the rankings decided by the Tir Na Smash Tournaments, you're definitely #2, but Aidan is still #1.

Even at that I can beat him some of the time, so I imagine you can too.

Looking forward to seeing if the other guys on here got game :D

So am I #3? I'm Liam (Peach) :D I'm on for some smash most definitely, have 2 buddies who are pretty good too. Trouble is travelling from Cork so I'd need notice and motivation. Could perhaps bring a system and a disc or two.

Gotten a lot better with my float cancels and have learnt some form of edge play >_<

I'll most likely be at XGC this weekend, and if Prinny or Dracucard are definitely coming, I'll bring a Wii to play Melee/Brawl. I think bringing our old Smash scene back through casuals at XGC is a good idea, will also help expand the Irish Fighting Game scene as a whole. I'll talk to Lynkx over the week, see if he's interested in coming

Go to Q-Con in Belfast on Sunday to play some Smash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Go to Q-Con in Belfast on Sunday to play some Smash.

It'll only be brawl though.

Also last year at least the competition was 4 ways with items on so me and my barge pole were elsewhere.

Just wondering, how many people here play Smash? It's my favourite fighting game (will murder anyone who calls it a party game lol) and I'd like to see its scene expand here.

And I have no chance of making it to Belfast.

And yet another edit: I forgot the Day in the Park fundraiser is this Saturday, which Im not sure if I'll go to that yet, Wednesdays dont work for Dracucard and next Saturday is Inferno Ten. So we'll have to see how things pan out for Smash.

Well I play Melee several times a week still with a couple of friends. Don't know if you played Michael (Samus) at the last tournament? Also, my friend Chris is a great Falco. Just dying to play new people with different characters. Have been practicing CF and Ganon just to make it still interesting for myself.

It'll only be brawl though.

Also last year at least the competition was 4 ways with items on so me and my barge pole were elsewhere.

Well if you want to start up a Smash scene, then visiting people who are running and playing in a Smash event would be something I'd consider quite important.

Every time I've gone to Belfast for DragonSlayers events there have been people playing Smash 64, Melee and Brawl.

Getting to know these people can only help.

• Advertisement

So... Tournament?

Advertisement