Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super smash bros melee!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I wonder is there any way to get people to take up the game at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Kold wrote: »
    I wonder is there any way to get people to take up the game at this stage?

I'd show anyone who wants to play how to, without worrying about winning yourself (don't destroy them, it's pretty discouraging to be steam-rolled when you don't even know the buttons).

Kirby, Jigglypuff and Yoshi are good starting characters, since you can recover with just the jump button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Naota

**** my life I forgot to bring the game today. Was about to start setting upstars in the XGC and realised i didn't have the game.....
    For all who showed up, if any, im very sorry. Did see gorysnake there but he was playing ssf4 so i didnt feel that bad.
    So let's try again next week or this week even.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If anyone is just browsing the thread and needs motivation to try Melee out, they should take a look at this to see why SSBM is an amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Even though Melee is the FAR superior game, Brawl is alot more accessible for new players with its slower playstyle and lack of finger melting advanced techniques. Although Brawl has its fair share of AT's none of them require as much practice as Melee's Wavedashing or SHFFL's.

I have a feeling most fighting game players trying Smash for the first time will prefer Smash 64 (Big combos compared to Melee/Brawl, 0-death combos, very fast paced, very little AT's making it quite a simple but fun game). The little time I played it, played it online through Kaillera for a few months roughly, I really enjoyed. But the difficulty in playing that is controllers. Only controller I ever used for it was a USB controller with just a d-pad, horrible for a game normally played with analogue sticks. A wired 360 controller should work though.

Hard luck Michael, maybe next week we can get Smash going, bring Melee and Brawl, would love to get some games going of both.

Finish off this post with a video of the Best Smash 64 Ever: Isai. Proving how Broken Pika is Top Tier.

For anyone who's interested but had no clue what just happened, I can teach people about this series. Personal lessons from a 2-time Melee Runner up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Naota wrote: »
    **** my life I forgot to bring the game today. Was about to start setting upstars in the XGC and realised i didn't have the game.....
    For all who showed up, if any, im very sorry. Did see gorysnake there but he was playing ssf4 so i didnt feel that bad.
    So let's try again next week or this week even.

Hey man any time your planning on bringing a set up down to get some casual games going it'd be a good idea to make a new thread to state this.

As every time we have casuals even though its a given they are usually on on Wednesdays and Saturdays , we still make threads about each one to get a head count/the word out there'll be a group of us there.

Advertisement