Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i'm looking for a tried and tested stickey toffee pudding recipe

Options
  • 02-06-2010 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

as per the title, i'm looking for the ultimate, tried and tested Stickey Toffee Pudding recipe please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

This

Very very sweet and sticky and very very good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

LOL, I was just about to post that exact Nigella recipe.
    YUM.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Double LOL. I was going to post that too. :D
    Absolutely class fool-proof recipe for a truly delicious pudding!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Brilliant, I've tried STP a few times, looking for the quintessential recipe, but not Nigella's yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Rachel Allen's one is excellent too and she does a toffee sauce with it that's unbelievable and that you can keep in the fridge for weeks, to throw on other stuff (ice cream, etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Great stuff. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Anyone know if Nigella's one can be frozen, have a hankering for it but there's only 2 of us and can't imagine we'd eat it all. Although you never know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

If I were to make this minus the dates, would I need to adjust other quantities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

I think the dates are what give it the sticky toffee flavour - better not to leave them out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yep, you don't taste 'dates' as such, so don't worry about it in a 'I don't like dried fruit' fashion.

James Martin also has an excellent recipe in his Desserts book, with a superb sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Are dates readily available? I'm hassling my girlfriend to make this for me and she's insisting they're hard to come by!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

Jaysus breadmonkey, can ya not cook it yerself :rolleyes:

I do remember at sea one of the cooks used to poach perforated tins of condensed milk in a pan of water to make a kinda toffee pudding, but t was with NOMIS shipping, so we just ate what we 'git'.
    Never take the piss out of a cook at sea, cause he can put the piss in your soup

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Thanks a million, that Nigella recipe was amazingly simple. Tasted gorgeously sticky and yum. Dates bought very easily in supermarket, light brown bag Shamrock i think in a 250g bag. I bought them in Tescos in Nutgrove.

Advertisement