Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell is going on with My Vodafone?

Options
  • 02-06-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Yesterday evening I was logged in webtexting no problem, then all of a sudden I was logged out and then after trying to log back in ONCE I'm told my account has been locked out after 5 unsuccessful login attempts.

I didn't generate these unsuccessful login attempts. The same error message tells me my password is the one sent to me during the setup process.

Does this mean my 4 digit pin has now changed? I am certain of the PIN I've been using for as long as I can remember using the website.

I searched all my email accounts and I don't have an email from vodafone containing a password. Is password the same as PIN related to this?

I tried the forgot password option, a verification number was sent to my phone, I entered it and tried to manually set my password to my 4 digit pin but it wants 6 characters. I entered 2 extra but again I'm told the account's locked out.

I'm confused now as to what the hell my password is, the 4 digit pin I've been using, the one I tried to manually create just now, or the one contained in the email allegedly sent to me by Vodafone.

Is this some Vodafone issue where suddenly the passwords/PINs for logging in have changed from 4 to 6 characters and locked me out of my account?

Very confused, please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

LA3G wrote: »
    Yesterday evening I was logged in webtexting no problem, then all of a sudden I was logged out and then after trying to log back in ONCE I'm told my account has been locked out after 5 unsuccessful login attempts.

I didn't generate these unsuccessful login attempts. The same error message tells me my password is the one sent to me during the setup process.

Does this mean my 4 digit pin has now changed? I am certain of the PIN I've been using for as long as I can remember using the website.

I searched all my email accounts and I don't have an email from vodafone containing a password. Is password the same as PIN related to this?

I tried the forgot password option, a verification number was sent to my phone, I entered it and tried to manually set my password to my 4 digit pin but it wants 6 characters. I entered 2 extra but again I'm told the account's locked out.

I'm confused now as to what the hell my password is, the 4 digit pin I've been using, the one I tried to manually create just now, or the one contained in the email allegedly sent to me by Vodafone.

Is this some Vodafone issue where suddenly the passwords/PINs for logging in have changed from 4 to 6 characters and locked me out of my account?

Very confused, please help.

IF you go to the vodafone forum on boards.ie you will see a few thread on this, problem has been occurring for months and vf seem unable to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

IF you go to the vodafone forum on boards.ie you will see a few thread on this, problem has been occurring for months and vf seem unable to fix it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I didn't find anything on it by searching for my Vodafone so I duplicated my post from here.

Advertisement