Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Corrie on ITV tonight 2/6/10

Options
  • 02-06-2010 7:29pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

ITV aren't showing Corrie tonight because of the shooting in Cumbria. From their website;
    In light of the tragic events in Cumbria, some changes have been made to Corrie scheduling.

The planned episode of Coronation Street will not be broadcast on Wednesday, 2 June.

We will update you with revised episode dates and times in due course.

I'm not sure if TV3 will be allowed show it ahead of ITV, I doubt they will but I could be wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Completely the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

There not showing it because of the shooting storyline! It just says on tv3 website "Corrie moves to 9pm for killer story". Bad wording in light of todays tragic events. Hope its on anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

baldbear wrote: »
    There not showing it because of the shooting storyline! It just says on tv3 website "Corrie moves to 9pm for killer story". Bad wording in light of todays tragic events. Hope its on anyway!
    Why say that if its not to be shown at all? Do tv3 have some hope they will be allowed show it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stokespower

retarded. now this sick psycho killer goes down in history as the mad man who killed the killer episode of corrie. there'll be copycat killings because of it.
    we won't submit to terrorism but we'll cancel the greatest show on earth in case we step on someone's emotions.

Was it on TV3? I set the video to record ITV and I've just seen TV burp instead....would I have got it had I set the VCR to TV3?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

nope. The blanche farewell was on tv3

does this mean theres two episodes tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Was it on TV3? I set the video to record ITV and I've just seen TV burp instead....would I have got it had I set the VCR to TV3?

No-tv3 showed the tribute to Blanche that was on a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Coronation St should still have been on tonight. It had nothing to do with the events in Cumbria. It is just a soap opera. That people had to miss seeing because of Nanny-State.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    No-tv3 showed the tribute to Blanche that was on a few weeks ago.
    TV3 should have shown the episode of Coronation St. They were only disappointing their viewers of Coronation St.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Cris Jones wrote: »
    TV3 should have shown the episode of Coronation St. They were only disappointing their viewers of Coronation St.

ITV would not allow another channel to show it ahead of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Set it to record and got TV burp too! It never occurred to me that it mightn't be shown because of what happened in Cumbria.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Anyword on what is happening tonight? ie Are they showing the episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Will there be 2 tonight or will they run into Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I don't think so. The listing for TV3 tonight in the Sky programme guide is Corrie's greatest exists.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's not on tonight either.
    Coronation Street will once again be pulled from this evening's schedules in the wake of Cumbria's shooting tragedy.

Late yesterday evening, the commercial broadcaster decided not to broadcast the Manchester soap's fourth episode of Siege Week out of respect for those who were killed during yesterday's incident.

The 9pm slot - sandwiched between the Britain's Got Talent performance and results shows - will again be filled by Harry Hill's The Best of TV Burp.

An ITV spokesperson this afternoon said: "Following the tragic events in Cumbria yesterday, both Wednesday's and Thursday's planned Coronation Street episodes have been postponed.”

Scheduling for the outstanding episodes is expected to be confirmed tomorrow.

Ads on TV3 are saying 'The Saga Continues Tonight at 9' so maybe it is on??

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Ads on TV3 are saying 'The Saga Continues Tonight at 9' so maybe it is on??

I would say they just didn't update the ads. Even rte have it now -->
    http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0603/coronationstreet2.html

macjohn wrote: »
    I would say they just didn't update the ads. Even rte have it now -->
    http://www.rte.ie/arts/2010/0603/coronationstreet2.html

Another epic fail from TV3!

As we will be two episodes behind at that stage I presume the two alternative endings that were due to be on the website tonight will also be delayed. ??
    Cant find any updates about it on the web.

EDIT - Yes two alternative endings to Gail’s trial that were to be shown online are held off untill we catch up to tonights episode. Reference - http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/news/earlyviewoftheverdict/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

While I have every sympathy for the people affected by the incident in Cumbria - I fail to see how Corrie can avoid showing these episodes!! Unless we wait for weeks for them to refilm everything with someone coming to save the day.....and basically ruining the whole plot!! Sky news are covering the story pretty much wall-to-wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Cancelled again tonight on TV3 and ITV. There's going to be some crazy scheduling next week for Coronation Street to fit the episodes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

this is just stupid, as if it'd cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

chuckles30 wrote: »
    While I have every sympathy for the people affected by the incident in Cumbria - I fail to see how Corrie can avoid showing these episodes!! Unless we wait for weeks for them to refilm everything with someone coming to save the day.....and basically ruining the whole plot!! Sky news are covering the story pretty much wall-to-wall.
    While it's slightly annoying ITV have taken the decision not to air the episodes, I think they're right to do so - given Wednesday's events still dominating the headlines, and the fact that the two storylines throughout the week in Corrie have/should've been a gun siege/murder and a trial for murder in the Lake District; I'd find it in very bad taste if they had have showed it.

brummytom wrote: »
    While it's slightly annoying ITV have taken the decision not to air the episodes, I think they're right to do so - given Wednesday's events still dominating the headlines, and the fact that the two storylines throughout the week in Corrie have/should've been a gun siege/murder and a trial for murder in the Lake District; I'd find it in very bad taste if they had have showed it.

We are all adults here and know the difference between a soap opera and the news. The episodes should still have been shown.

I don't think it's anything to do with fiction/reality - it's a mark of respect. The atrocity the other day was absolutely shocking, the whole country was shook. It was the right decision to cancel it, it's just a shame people are so desperate to having a bloody soap opera on tv that they can't show a touch of respect to a whole town.

I don't think it's anything to do with fiction/reality - it's a mark of respect. The atrocity the other day was absolutely shocking, the whole country was shook. It was the right decision to cancel it, it's just a shame people are so desperate to having a bloody soap opera on tv that they can't show a touch of respect to a whole town.
    That was a very quick response, Brummytom!(Less than two minutes!) Were you waiting on a reply!;)
    If you are so upset why are you here posting on a soaps forum..:cool:..

Cris Jones wrote: »
    That was a very quick response, Brummytom! Were you waiting on a reply!;)
    :pac: Nope, just don't have a life (well, I watch soaps, that's a given)
    If you are so upset why are you here posting on a soaps forum..:cool:..
    I don't remember saying I was upset? But an awful lot of people would have felt it bad taste to air episodes about Gun violence/Lake district murders this week given Wednesday's events.

Anyway, we'll find out what happens soon enough, it's grand

:pac: Nope, just don't have a life (well, I watch soaps, that's a given)

I don't remember saying I was upset? But an awful lot of people would have felt it bad taste to air episodes about Gun violence/Lake district murders this week given Wednesday's events.

Anyway, we'll find out what happens soon enough, it's grand

If you "don't have a life" that is sad for you, but no need for you to take it out on other posters..:rolleyes:...as the episodes were not aired you don't need to worry about people being upset "given Wednesday's events". Log off and calm down is my advice to you. Go and watch some other soap until corrie returns.

Advertisement