Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine/Parkview

Options
  • 02-06-2010 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone out there?

The market has been open about a year now, pharmacy just opened, medical centre just opened, dry cleaners opened a few months ago and supposedly hair salon coming soon.

Civilisation at last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I am living beside the Market, quiet enough spot. I enjoy the fact that in 5 minutes im out in the back of beyonds. Shame about the pubs in Stepaside however...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BobbyJohn

Are you unhappy there isn't a more local pub?

I've been to the Stp Inn 3 times for food and I wouldn't advise a trip to anyone. the little restaurant beside (which supposedly shares the same kitchen) is much better.
    not tried the one across the road yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

The Blue Note is very close to there.

There is a path just before Lambs Cross that brings you up to it.

Best place for a drink in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

Well. the best thing is that we're getting an italian restaurant (sometime soon hopefully) to our beloved belarmine.

Btw. if you're looking for local news and matters and want to discuss more about them, you can do it on facebook page:

www.facebook.com/belarmine (almost 150 registered ppl in there)
    and at the website: www.belarmineplaza.com

Enjoy :)

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to a good feed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

reprazant wrote: »
    The Blue Note is very close to there.

There is a path just before Lambs Cross that brings you up to it.

Best place for a drink in the sun.

You mean the Blue Light!

Might be my imagination, but anyone lese notice that the fresh produce in the market deteriorates quickly once home?
    I know most supermarkets get theirs and have it stored in the refridgerated stands and the market just displays theirs, but I've seen the guys delivering and stocking regularly.
    As I said might be my imagination, anyone tried the fruit 'n' veg store in Stepaside?

Anyone been to the Health Centre? Doc? Dentist? or Physio?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

BobbyJohn wrote: »
    Anyone been to the Health Centre? Doc? Dentist? or Physio?

Hi Bobby,

I know that the physio is great (www.belarmine-clinic.ie or www.facebook.com/belarmineclinic) as the lad is treating several famous people.

I also know that the doc(s) are both operating in different health centers, can't remember which ones, but i'd bet that they're professional.

http://belarminemedicalcentre.com/

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me :) I'm the lad that is supposed to know his neighbourhood :):P

Thanks for the info.
    You heard anything about any other facilities opening up?

• Advertisement

Anyone out there at all?

Been to the chipper twice. Chips were fantastic both visits. 1st visit burger wasn't the mae west, but the wife loved the cod. 2nd visit burger wasn't too bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Went into the chipper one Friday after work a couple of weeks ago. It was probably their busiest time, took 35 mins to get our order.

Got home and our order was wrong (wrong burger)... rang them and they offered to deliver a full order down to us or give us credit, so we ate what we had and availed of the credit a week later. Thought that was great customer service (mistakes do happen on orders) and the food was lovely so will definitely be going back again.

Good start then. Long may that last.

Apparently 2 motorbikes stolen over the weekend from Parkview and 2 from Belarmine. If you know someone on 2 wheels, let them know.

Shame to hear that happening.

went down to the market yesterday and saw a Garda van and two patrol cars - seems that they might be taking the issue seriously. Great to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

Was it Lunch-time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bettamc

Hi, I just wanted to say to people to beware of Belarmine Dry Cleaners... Terrible service and useless drycleaning!!!!! Do not waste your money or your belongings in this store. They completely destroyed my 700 Euro FRETTE 100% cashmere blanket and then called it a fake saying that that was why it was ruined! A blanket I personally pu...rchased in a FRETTE store in Italy along with other stuff whilst preparing my bridal trousseau. That blanket was an investment meant to last a lifetime. That's why I took such good care of it. Whilst I was there making my complaint another lady came in with a ruined coat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dandan2013

Anybody able to tell me what the chipper is like in Stepaside village??? :)

dandan2013 wrote: »
    Anybody able to tell me what the chipper is like in Stepaside village??? :)

Expensive! However, that said, the food is pretty nice from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dandan2013

thanks, went there in the end lastnite, food was savage for as chippers go got fillet of cod and chips, and was really busy for a wednesday and staff where sound...

Advertisement