Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to Godfathers??

Options
  • 02-06-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, passed by Potato Market earlier and noticed that Godfathers is gone and has been replaced by Pizza hut delivery??!!??

Kinda annoyed, if I'm ever getting a pizza i'd go to Godfathers way before Pizza Hut!!

Anyone know what went on? (I'm soooooo nosy!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

The godfathers chain was bought by the pizza hut delivery franchise holders about 2 years ago. The carlow branch remained as godfathers as the local franchisee had been trying to sell the business.

Obviously a sale / agreement has been reached and it has been rebranded.

If only Hell pizza came to carlow, then that would be heaven! www.hell.ie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I've had Pizza Hut delivery in Kilkenny twice. They were without exception the worst pizzas i've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

91011 wrote: »
    The godfathers chain was bought by the pizza hut delivery franchise holders about 2 years ago. The carlow branch remained as godfathers as the local franchisee had been trying to sell the business.

Obviously a sale / agreement has been reached and it has been rebranded.

If only Hell pizza came to carlow, then that would be heaven! www.hell.ie :p

Thanks for the info. That Hell pizza place looks deadly!
    Morf wrote: »
    I've had Pizza Hut delivery in Kilkenny twice. They were without exception the worst pizzas i've ever had.

Oh no's :(

Looks like Mizzonis will be getting my business from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

According to the sign its reopening under same owners.. but I'm sure it will be pizza hut crap now anyways.

Have you tired Pompeii for pizza??

I got one takeaway the other night and it was lovely.. but its a thin base so hurry home or it may be a bit cool..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I like pizza hut woohoooo nice one lad:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

tombull82 wrote: »
    Have you tired Pompeii for pizza??

I got one takeaway the other night and it was lovely.. but its a thin base so hurry home or it may be a bit cool..:(

Didn't know they did takeaway. Nice restaurant though, far better service (and fodder) than what was there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tried that pizza hut delivery and they are awful imo. the pizza was like what people used to call a railway cake with a raisin/bit of topping at each station, it seems at the moment they are being very light with the toppings especially if you order one of their BOGOF deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

...Mizzoni's happened yum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Step 1 ) Shop at SuperQuinn
    Step 2 ) Check receipt for Dominos buy 1 get 1 free voucher
    Step 3 ) Eat Dominos for ~€8 for a large pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

testicle wrote: »
    far better service (and fodder) than what was there before.

Let it go, what's done is done, build a bridge :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Step 1 ) Shop at SuperQuinn
    Step 2 ) Check receipt for Dominos buy 1 get 1 free voucher
    Step 3 ) Eat Dominos for ~€8 for a large pizza.

Substitute Dunnes for SuperQuinn, and you won't have to spend half as much to get your voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jjmearse

flour/water/yeast , mix together , roll out , add topping and place on baking tray , put in oven at 250o for 10 mins... tastes better and costs less , plus after spending 8hrs curled up in my shower puking after getting food poisoning from godfathers it will be a long time before I eat a take out pizza.
    Good-riddance godfathers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Got a lovely pizza there saturday night in Pizza Hut fair play lads

Advertisement