Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Accounting -Incomplete Records-

• 02-06-2010 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Right I know that Incomplete Records have not been anybodies prediction for the exam. However, there seems to be reliable sources indicating that Incomplete could be a "hot tip".

Could any body who has been doing accounting in the Institute, or other "prestigous" schools in Dublin, tell me was their a shift in focus to incomplete in the last week of school? Also what else was covered lately (most specifically in the last two weeks of school)?

I would be most obliged if somebody could answer these questions, specifically the latter.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Cian92 wrote: »
    Hi,

Right I know that Incomplete Records have not been anybodies prediction for the exam. However, there seems to be reliable sources indicating that Incomplete could be a "hot tip".

Could any body who has been doing accounting in the Institute, or other "prestigous" schools in Dublin, tell me was their a shift in focus to incomplete in the last week of school? Also what else was covered lately (most specifically in the last two weeks of school)?

I would be most obliged if somebody could answer these questions, specifically the latter.

Thanks.

My teacher isn't in the Institute, but he is brilliant at predicting and he is strongly going against incomplete records. For Section B, he thinks it will be ratios, club and suspense.

Either way, if incomplete records comes up no one in my class will do it as he skipped it:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

kev9100 wrote: »
    he thinks it will be ratios, club and suspense.

That's what my teacher has predicted too, he says he'll be really surprised if club or suspense doesn't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

kev9100 wrote: »
    My teacher isn't in the Institute, but he is brilliant at predicting and he is strongly going against incomplete records. For Section B, he thinks it will be ratios, club and suspense.

Either way, if incomplete records comes up no one in my class will do it as he skipped it:p.

That seemed to be the general consensus, and still is among most teachers. Most people seem to think the above in the 100 and Flexi in the 80 with a twist in it.

But despite that, is there anybody in Dublin who's teacher has began promoting Incomplete but only fairly recently?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I find a lot of people just think what came up in the mocks is what's going to come up, as the mock companies choose the most likely. Club and Suspense are both likely for Section B, but there are many other things that could appear there. I personally think, but I'm no expert, that they might put Farm a/c's up as a 100 mark - it's long overdue. Just because they came up as a 60mark last year doesn't mean anything - Published was 60 marks in 08 and 100 marks in 09.

For Q9, I'm pretty sure we will not get Flexible Budgeting as a whole question - the Cash Budgeting question was badly answered last year and my teacher reckons they will put it up again

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Garykelleher

I find a lot of people just think what came up in the mocks is what's going to come up, as the mock companies choose the most likely. Club and Suspense are both likely for Section B, but there are many other things that could appear there. I personally think, but I'm no expert, that they might put Farm a/c's up as a 100 mark - it's long overdue. Just because they came up as a 60mark last year doesn't mean anything - Published was 60 marks in 08 and 100 marks in 09.

For Q9, I'm pretty sure we will not get Flexible Budgeting as a whole question - the Cash Budgeting question was badly answered last year and my teacher reckons they will put it up again

Interesting. Ye i don't reckon flexible, but production looks very likely. Cash will be a severe night before study, as will most of the stuff that came up in 09. I'm just living on the hope that they're not going to affect both question 6 and 7, so suspense club/service/ cash flow and ratios should guarantee at least 2 questions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Killio9

it would be a disaster if it was.
    if it is up,ratios club/service and suspense still should be enough shouldnt it? maybe tabular and cash flow as well to be sure to be sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

That's what I think, regarding Q9. Master Budget is also a possible.

Incomplete is not difficult, so I don't see why they'd ask it, and Farm is way too easy. Club, Cash, Suspense and Tabs are the most likely bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flaming poney

Do ye reckon Q8 will be marginal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Killio9

Do ye reckon Q8 will be marginal?

yeah id say it will but they'll put it with somethin or put sometin into it dats unusual! dunno tho

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭neiler987

cost volume profit analysis hasnt come up since 03 either type like they colud throw it on ????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

For Q8 and 9 all we were taught are the different types of budget. Absolutely no marginal costing or anything like that. Are we ok with that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Garykelleher

neiler987 wrote: »
    cost volume profit analysis hasnt come up since 03 either type like they colud throw it on ????

What's that under?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Interzone

It won't necessarily be club along with suspense. It could be any of tabular, service, cash flow or club accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

I'm leaving out incomplete for sure.
    Doing ratios for definite, and there has to be an easy question with that I'd say.

Advertisement