Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What distance is this?

• 02-06-2010 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hey,

If I cycled from Rathmines - Ranelagh- Dundrum- Stepaside- Johnny FOxs- turn right at johnny foxes and continued on and down the hill turn left- it goes up hill and comes out at a viewing point over Dublin and back down to Rathfarnham - Terenure - and Rathmines..

what distance would that be in km's.

I set my tyre size on my speedometer to 700x23(whats written on the tyre) and it gave it as 33km.

But my old speedometer i just left the setting at 27'' and I am sure that same spin was only 15km.

Can anyone help explain? Thanks =)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

go to googlemaps, map my ride, bikeroutetoaster or any of those and make a rout you described and it will tell you the distance for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Bikemap says ~ 35km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

33k sounds right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

So the new setting is correct. That means i spent a couple of years thinking i was cycling less speed and distances!!! Well thats a nice feeling! hhaha

• Advertisement
Advertisement