Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB - Dynamic IP?

• 02-06-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow Boards members!
    I'll be getting Eircom Next Generation Broadband some time this summer (it isn't currently available where I am, but we should be automatically upgraded this summer according to a letter from Eircom). Does anyone know I will still have a dynamic IP once I'm on NGB? If anyone knows, could you let me know. If I won't have a dynamic IP, is there any way to request one?
    Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You don't need to request a dynamic one, thats what You'll get, they charge €50 for a static ip.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Greyian

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You don't need to request a dynamic one, thats what You'll get, they charge €50 for a static ip.

Great thanks! I was hoping it would be dynamic, so that is brilliants.
    Thanks for letting me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

50 once off or per year?

Once off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Once off

There is a recurring monthly charge as well though I think. At least there is at work but maybe that's only for businesses.

• Advertisement

There is a recurring monthly charge as well though I think. At least there is at work but maybe that's only for businesses.

Nope, I've got a static ip for a once of €50 charge, no recurring fee. They'll make You change to a business package

Advertisement