Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The little things....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Now WHERE would you have got such a thought :P

Who are you again? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

When iTunes is on shuffle and it plays the songs you want to hear.

When someone appreciates the work you've done.

When after a lot of work, you finally finish an essay/project/etc.

When returning home from sleeping somewhere else to your own bed! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Vanilla Malts from eddie rockets.Seriously,these things are like crack to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

A dog I saw earlier today was crossed the road, by himself, at a zebra crossing. Better behaved than most people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Train journeys.

Unexpected thank yous.

A night in with friends that turns out to be really fun and lovely.

Walking down the street in Cork and just being a local. I don't know what it is, but I just love knowing that I'm at home and that I know the place really well. I hate being a tourist when I'm abroad..

Escaping everyday life for a little while, and then appreciating it all the more when you get back..

And seeing that one person who just makes your day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Friends that you can be a total freak around (or yourself :P) and have the best time ever. Just remembering some of the stuff me and my best friend end up talking about...good times, good times :)<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

having the perfect day with the perfect person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

When you go out with all your girl mates, and you feel as though this song is playing...

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

illiop wrote: »
    A dog I saw earlier today was crossed the road, by himself, at a zebra crossing. Better behaved than most people!

I love when things like this happen. People don't realise the amount of intelligent things animals do, they're more likely to go ''Oh hey, look that dog crossed the road, lollerskates how cool is he!''

me and my mate were discussing whether Iron maiden were a metal band or not.

Some random stranger across from us was smiliing to himself so I asked him if he agreed.
    *cue 20 minutes conversation with a random guy in his 40's on the luas*

Coolest stranger ever tbh.\o/ for random nice people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

me and my mate were discussing whether Iron maiden were a metal band or not.

Some random stranger across from us was smiliing to himself so I asked him if he agreed.
    *cue 20 minutes conversation with a random guy in his 40's on the luas*

Coolest stranger ever tbh.\o/ for random nice people

O_o

I dont get how there was much discussion to be had tbh :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Exactly, they're one of THE original metal bands!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Exactly, they're one of THE original metal bands!
    My mates argument was that they were a rock band.I was like you,the were one of the first metal bands,not that they just inspired others,what else would you call them?
    Classic rock *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I love how your hair feels when you put loads of conditioner in it or use one of those lovely hair masks things. So soft and shiny and nicely smelling. :)

Probably said before but you just can't beat it..

when your legs are carrasibly (sp?) smooth and you can't stop touching them :P

Mens shaving foam ftw! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

There is almost nothing in this world that is better than sucking tea through a finger biscuit.

When you have tea with these delicious things, everything's perfect in the world. <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

My mates argument was that they were a rock band.I was like you,the were one of the first metal bands,not that they just inspired others,what else would you call them?
    Classic rock *shudders*

They were a metal band when they started, and continue to be a metal band. Just because whatever metal is in at the moment it drop tuned down 7 octaves and has pig squealing doesn't mean the precursors to this are no longer metal.

Your mate is wrong :)

Fad wrote: »
    They were a metal band when they started, and continue to be a metal band. Just because whatever metal is in at the moment it drop tuned down 7 octaves and has pig squealing doesn't mean the precursors to this are no longer metal.

Your mate is wrong :)
    >.>
    <.<
    THANK YOU!
    Someone else sees sense,that was my exact argument;just becasue metal has changed over the years,doesn't mean they aren't a metal band

pointlessly long,extremely hot showers <3

I always feel like I weigh 3 times as much,too relaxed to move.Great feeling all together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

sitting on boards with music on singing my heart out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

When someone you really love tells you loads of intimate things about themselves and their past <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Doing good deeds for people and seeing them smile afterwards! :D

Working at something while listening to music, and getting lost in your thoughts and the sound.

When the tide's high and the river's reflections makes bridge arches into perfect ellipses.

Freshly washed clothes.

Naps, like the one I woke up from just there!

Long bus journeys on my own with my ipod and sketchbook <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

A good stretch. <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

waking up in the morning and having a text waiting for you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Finding someone with the exact same sense of humour as you, and you can make them laugh effortlessly.

A bite to eat after a night out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Cold drinks
    Being in Croke park on a nice day
    Watching a good boxing or MMA fight

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Waking up a few minutes before the alarm is due to go off!

bythewoods wrote: »
    THEN WHY WRITE A STATUS ABOUT IT YOU SPAZHAMMER?
    I LOL'd

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Pulling the blinds back to see the sun shining through the tress a yellow/blue sky in the background really makes me feel like life is worth all the hastle :P That, and jumping into lakes and rivers spontaneously with my clothes on is always good crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

unknown13 wrote: »
    Being in Croke park on a nice day

Love this. Nothing better than watching a good game of football in this stadium on a scorching day!

Lovely dreams that help you realise things. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Earlier today I saw an old man dressed in typical old man clothes in varying shades of dark brown, but he was also wearing bright red converse. Made me smiiiile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

Conversations with strangers at gigs.

Eccentrically dressed people, or people with really original fashion sense, i love them, always make me happy!!:) And people with
    coloured hair like pink, blue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

When you remember to renew your library books you keep meaning to look at, but just haven't, at the very last minute, so as not to have to pay fines for books you've yet to use.

>_<

Hiro always makes me smile:

YATTA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Finding a song that you automatically love and listening to it constantly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Leftover Pizza for breakfast. OM NOM NOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Things really old people say always tend to make me smile. I <3 old people though.

Today I asked my granduncle if he needed anything from the shop- he handed me €50 and told me he needed "10 pounds and 2 shillings" change.
    He was genuinely upset when I arrived back with 2 €20 notes and a tenner.

• Advertisement

Bubble baths.

FÚCK YOU REALITY, I HAZ BUBBLES

(and smell like mangoes)

The smell of fresh paint. :D

Bubble baths.

FÚCK YOU REALITY, I HAZ BUBBLES

(and smell like mangoes)

ME WANT.

When you find out someone has a similar music taste to you and talk about it for ages. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

When you hear a song you love on the radio and you don't know the name of it, but finally find out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I've had my phone less than 48 hours, and in predictive text, the word rawr comes up before says/pays/other words you'd get using that combination. <3

:D

The way that C&H is without doubt the nicest group of people I've ever some in contact with. Y'all are awesome \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

The way that C&H is without doubt the nicest group of people I've ever some in contact with. Y'all are awesome \o/

The main reason I come to boards so regularly tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Walking under several buildings' worth of scaffolding on Friday the 13th. I tempted fate and emerged victorious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Days when you stay in your pyjamas all day, doing nothing but reading, going on the internet and eating chocolate. Oh yessss.

• Advertisement

Eating a bag of Minstrels whilst drinking a carton of Innocent smoothie.

It makes all the sense.

(I LOVE MY LIFE)

Advertisement