Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The little things....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

that moment when you get an unexpected text from the one person you want a text from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

When the music your listening to exactly matchs what your doing/how your feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

When my three year old cousin comes over and asks me to play with him <3

Today I was introduced to his new trains, he "ate my hair" (which consisted of him saying nomnomnom over my head) which apparently made me Spongebob. I then lay down on the ground and he decided I was a tree that had been cut down, and was an obstacle to his trains and I needed a tow truck to move me (which was a tiny white train) and then my brother came into the room so he decided I was Princess YaYa (Who?) and they were my Dads. :D

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

My friend gave me the Ponyo DVD for my birthday, ITS SO CUTE!
    And I saw my 5 month old cousin the other day. She's all soft and cuddly and adorable! And she can hold her head up now so shes so much easier to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

1. The Late Late Toy Show.

2. When, in the middle of my CAO crisis, my little cousin turned to me and asked me what I want to be when I grow up.

3. Toast and hot ribena at the end of a night out.

4. Concerts and gigs, in any shape or form.

5. Christmas morning, even post-Santa.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Letting out a loud fart.

Nostalgia.Bob just reminded me of a band some mates of mine used to have,I used to set up the gear and organise some of their gigs.Good times.

PRO TIP:don't date someone in your band,it's not going to end well for anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh, this thread reminded me of the time my friends three year old daughter said to me, "You are very pretty, like a princess. I love you." <3 Little kids are so cute, they make me happy.

It doesn't even matter that she went on to ruin the vibe later that night by asking to stop singing because it was the worst she'd ever heard...

All the random little connections in this forum.

I always think it's kind of cool,how random strangers on the internet can have some sort of connection,even if they meet through boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

All the random little connections in this forum.

I always think it's kind of cool,how random strangers on the internet can have some sort of connection,even if they meet through boards

Now WHERE would you have got such a thought :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Now WHERE would you have got such a thought :P

Who are you again? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

When iTunes is on shuffle and it plays the songs you want to hear.

When someone appreciates the work you've done.

When after a lot of work, you finally finish an essay/project/etc.

When returning home from sleeping somewhere else to your own bed! :D

Vanilla Malts from eddie rockets.Seriously,these things are like crack to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

A dog I saw earlier today was crossed the road, by himself, at a zebra crossing. Better behaved than most people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Train journeys.

Unexpected thank yous.

A night in with friends that turns out to be really fun and lovely.

Walking down the street in Cork and just being a local. I don't know what it is, but I just love knowing that I'm at home and that I know the place really well. I hate being a tourist when I'm abroad..

Escaping everyday life for a little while, and then appreciating it all the more when you get back..

And seeing that one person who just makes your day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Friends that you can be a total freak around (or yourself :P) and have the best time ever. Just remembering some of the stuff me and my best friend end up talking about...good times, good times :)<3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

having the perfect day with the perfect person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

When you go out with all your girl mates, and you feel as though this song is playing...

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

illiop wrote: »
    A dog I saw earlier today was crossed the road, by himself, at a zebra crossing. Better behaved than most people!

I love when things like this happen. People don't realise the amount of intelligent things animals do, they're more likely to go ''Oh hey, look that dog crossed the road, lollerskates how cool is he!''

me and my mate were discussing whether Iron maiden were a metal band or not.

Some random stranger across from us was smiliing to himself so I asked him if he agreed.
    *cue 20 minutes conversation with a random guy in his 40's on the luas*

Coolest stranger ever tbh.\o/ for random nice people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

me and my mate were discussing whether Iron maiden were a metal band or not.

Some random stranger across from us was smiliing to himself so I asked him if he agreed.
    *cue 20 minutes conversation with a random guy in his 40's on the luas*

Coolest stranger ever tbh.\o/ for random nice people

O_o

I dont get how there was much discussion to be had tbh :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Exactly, they're one of THE original metal bands!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Exactly, they're one of THE original metal bands!
    My mates argument was that they were a rock band.I was like you,the were one of the first metal bands,not that they just inspired others,what else would you call them?
    Classic rock *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I love how your hair feels when you put loads of conditioner in it or use one of those lovely hair masks things. So soft and shiny and nicely smelling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Probably said before but you just can't beat it..

when your legs are carrasibly (sp?) smooth and you can't stop touching them :P

Mens shaving foam ftw! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

There is almost nothing in this world that is better than sucking tea through a finger biscuit.

When you have tea with these delicious things, everything's perfect in the world. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

My mates argument was that they were a rock band.I was like you,the were one of the first metal bands,not that they just inspired others,what else would you call them?
    Classic rock *shudders*

They were a metal band when they started, and continue to be a metal band. Just because whatever metal is in at the moment it drop tuned down 7 octaves and has pig squealing doesn't mean the precursors to this are no longer metal.

Your mate is wrong :)

Fad wrote: »
    They were a metal band when they started, and continue to be a metal band. Just because whatever metal is in at the moment it drop tuned down 7 octaves and has pig squealing doesn't mean the precursors to this are no longer metal.

Your mate is wrong :)
    >.>
    <.<
    THANK YOU!
    Someone else sees sense,that was my exact argument;just becasue metal has changed over the years,doesn't mean they aren't a metal band

pointlessly long,extremely hot showers <3

I always feel like I weigh 3 times as much,too relaxed to move.Great feeling all together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

sitting on boards with music on singing my heart out :D

Advertisement