Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web stats

Options
  • 02-06-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for some basic information on the average user visitation time or the average time a site has to hook a visitor. I realise that there are difficulties when it comes to making generalisations about sites that cover just about every industry type, but I'm hoping to use the figure (which I assume will be very low) as a type of impact statement. "You have 15 seconds to impress people" type of thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

absolutely depends on the type of site, information contained therein and the rational for the visit - amongst a huge number of other factors!

What you might consider is if you use google analytics you can sign up and under Visitors - use "benchmarking" which allows you to compare how your site performs against 'similar' site worldwide - that may give you something.

But - the times bounces depth etc are very dependant on the site type etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Unfortunately I don't have access to the website (charity) so analytics is out. I was hoping for a general rule of thumb or some loose and fast figure. I'm making a little presentation and I want to get across an impact statement to get across the importance of engaging the visitor and the short amount of time one has to do this.

the closest I could find was this

"Weinreich and Herder analyzed users interacting with over 65,000 unique URIs. The average web page had 53 hyperlinks and 551 visible words. Stay times were short, 25% of all documents were displayed for less than 4 seconds and 52% of all visits were shorter than 10 seconds with a peak value located between 2 and 3 seconds (see Figure 7). Users averaged 3.25 sessions and 77 minutes per day. The median session length was 13 pages, but the majority of sessions were 34 pages or longer."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

I think I see where you're going - but I dont have anything concrete to add.

However - you might find some interesting facts on landing page and heat mapping (yada yada yada!) here www.clicktale.com some interesting stuff on what people do when they reach a page.

Might be another route

Advertisement