Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Think im getting a saddle sore ??

• 02-06-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

I know its kinda gross, but i think i might be getting a saddle sore i can feel a lump coming up under the skin kinda like a big pimple, anyone got any quick cure ? cos i dont want it to ruin my W200

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

levitronix wrote: »
    I know its kinda gross, but i think i might be getting a saddle sore i can feel a lump coming up under the skin kinda like a big pimple, anyone got any quick cure ? cos i dont want it to ruin my W200

Go to pharmacy and get a peroxide cream typically for acne lash it on liberally and stay off the pusher for at least 2 - 3 days til it goes or at least til the soreness goes out of it.....BUT ......u must stay off the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I've been very lucky wrt these things - only one real sore that kept me off the saddle for a week or so. If it hasn't really taken hold yet you might be able to nip it in the bud by keeping it scrupulously clean (TCP followed by sudocreme is what I have) and then allowing your body to fight it off itself.

If the situation escalates then I'm out of suggestions. I don't think any good can come of popping it.

Shudder.

Great, I've creeped myself out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

if it is a pimple and not the clap its best to draw it ,bread soda will dry it out .

i had few from heat ,got a cream of the doc worked grand .

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amused2death

Not a quick cure but it works all the same....rest. You are likely to have a pressure sore. A point of the crouch where most of your weight comes in contact with the saddle. It can be caused by many factors including incorrect position on the bike, new saddle, recently changed position, poor hygiene, increase in cycling miles. The list goes on. If you cant or dont wish to take time off the bike see if you can identify what is the cause (aside from pin pointing the saddle!). If the condition worsens which it may do you may require a steriod cream to help clear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

There's a Corticosteroid cream called Fucibet, I find it great when I get a saddle sore & it sorts me out pronto. However you need a prescription for it... It worked for Lance!

My advice would be to stay off the bike until you're sorted. Also look at changing your shorts. I bought a new expensive pair with a good chamois & tried them out today & they certainly make a difference. Assos have a good chamois cream which I use as well as prevention is better than the cure!

I had a saddle sore before that was so bad that one night when I was asleep I rolled over and pinched the sore, it hurt so much it woke me up with a shock!

Mind your Gouch:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

i ll have to give peroxide creams a go, i just know that fecker is going to grow :(

only thing i can think of thats different is i bought new shorts a new short couldnt of helped matters get worst ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

When it comes to a head. get some Magnesium Sulfate paste from the chemist (over the counter) and it will draw it out in no time (a couple of days off the bike. It is probably a blocked hair follicle or inverted follicle or maybe a dose of the champignons! as the French call it(if this is the case then different treatment so see a doc for some antifungals). Have used this paste a couple of times and works a treat. Make sure to keep the site clean.

levitronix wrote: »
    i ll have to give peroxide creams a go, i just know that fecker is going to grow :(

only thing i can think of thats different is i bought new shorts a new short couldnt of helped matters get worst ?

Benzoyl Peroxide - Is the full name and its over the counter for a tube no more than 10 euro bucks and sure its handy to have too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

cormpat wrote: »
    There's a Corticosteroid cream called Fucibet, I find it great when I get a saddle sore & it sorts me out pronto. However you need a prescription for it... It worked for Lance!

My advice would be to stay off the bike until you're sorted. Also look at changing your shorts. I bought a new expensive pair with a good chamois & tried them out today & they certainly make a difference. Assos have a good chamois cream which I use as well as prevention is better than the cure!

I had a saddle sore before that was so bad that one night when I was asleep I rolled over and pinched the sore, it hurt so much it woke me up with a shock!

Mind your Gouch:D

Fucibet is great stuff -I use a fair amount of it for excema, and it works a treat for climbing them big mountains :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You guys really are dedicated to you pastime!

Between acne on your arse & tearing the hair off your bits... Where do you draw the line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Fucibet is great stuff -I use a fair amount of it for excema, and it works a treat for climbing them big mountains :)

Some detailed information here, with a lot of warnings.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    You guys really are dedicated to you pastime!

Between acne on your arse & tearing the hair off your bits... Where do you draw the line?

Its usually at the finish .... first one over is the winner like alot of sports really.

Lumen wrote: »

Yeah, have been through most of that... the catch 22 is it's one of the very few things that works... besides, thinner skin is lighter, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Yeah was just about to try and get some until I read that ! :eek:

Bloody pestered with the same intermittent fecker for the past 2 months, same saddle as last year which never gave a problem, even bought new Assos just in case the last pair were to blame, thrown everything thing at it, all the stuff mentioned here and its still persists ... scalpel time is approaching !!! :mad:

Lumen wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Yeah, have been through most of that... the catch 22 is it's one of the very few things that works... besides, thinner skin is lighter, right?

Yes, but the Striae/stretch marks that come with it is somewhat less than euro...

Yes, but the Striae/stretch marks that come with it is somewhat less than euro...

And that's what vitamin E cream or biooil is for -there's answers to everything~! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Just pray it doesn't develop into a perieanal abcess. They require surgery to remove, and if they burst prior to removal, the stench is vomit inducing. I practically cleared casualty in Vincents a few years ago with one. The daily dressing changes post surgery for a couple of weeks are not pleasant either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

It could just be an ingrown hair. Give it a squeeze there and if you feel almightly pain let us know.

Advertisement