Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I employed or not? LOL

Options
  • 02-06-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Basically signed what seemed like a contract and then was told I would be contacted when training would commence which is in the next two weeks so basically is that me in a job? cause I think it is but I just wanna make sure!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

adamtj09 wrote: »
    Basically signed what seemed like a contract and then was told I would be contacted when training would commence which is in the next two weeks so basically is that me in a job? cause I think it is but I just wanna make sure!

I think the best thing to do would be ring them and ask.
    What did you sign?? Did you read it before you signed it?
    i think the answer is written where you signed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

Paulyh wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do would be ring them and ask.
    What did you sign?? Did you read it before you signed it?
    i think the answer is written where you signed :D

I signed a terms and conditions of working and agreeing to obey company rules. Where I signed says I agree to all the rules above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

when are you getting paid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HR Advice

Was there a start date on the T&C? Did you get a handbook or get to keep a copy of your contract? If training forms part of your job then you should be paid but check your contract first.

Advertisement