Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Neighbours

Options
  • 02-06-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi folks,

First things first,this should be probably be in the City section but a particular poster there with an issue with my opinions got his pal (a mod) to ban me.

Anyway i recently lost my job in Dublin and had to move my family back to rent in Corbally.It caused a lot of problems in our marriage and getting the kids new schools etc.

Recently our new next door neighbours have been causing lots of problems (broke our windows,loud music all night long,openly dealing drugs to carloads of young lads all night long).

I can't really take anymore but it's the only place we can afford and close to babysitter families.

Is there anything i can do to get these people moved out of the house next door (also renting).

The Gardai tell me after all the times i called them that the courts is a waste of time (in fairness they have came out everytime i called them).

I'm at the end of my tether and genuinely scared now:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Rather than thinking about how to get the neighbours out, maybe you should consider getting out yourself. :eek:

Hope everything works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

DKZ wrote: »
    Rather than thinking about how to get the neighbours out, maybe you should consider getting out yourself. :eek:

Hope everything works out!

Agreed. Do whatever you need to and get your family somewhere safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

gihj wrote: »
    I can't really take anymore but it's the only place we can afford and close to babysitter families.
    The bolded bit confuses me. Are you implying that you're staying in your current place so that you have someone to babysit your kids when you go out drinking?

the_syco wrote: »
    The bolded bit confuses me. Are you implying that you're staying in your current place so that you have someone to babysit your kids when you go out drinking?

I didn't take it up like you but now you've mentioned it i certainly hope not.
    I thought babysitter for while at work

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

I fail to see how you came up with that from the bolded bit or the entire post.I never mentioned drinking or even whether i drink or not.
    Not very helpful.

Amiable,My wife recently got some work but it involves travelling around the country.
    3 young kids can be quite a handful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

If a babysitter is required it doesnt necessarily mean to go out drinking!! And if they do use one for an occassion to get out for a night to enjoy themselves, is this any of your business!!

best of luck gihj in this awful situation but I think the safest option as others have suggested is get the hell out of there, put the safety of your family first. I know its not the fairest option but its the most logical.

If a babysitter is required it doesnt necessarily mean to go out drinking!! And if they do use one for an occassion to get out for a night to enjoy themselves, is this any of your business!!

best of luck gihj in this awful situation but I think the safest option as others have suggested is get the hell out of there, put the safety of your family first. I know its not the fairest option but its the most logical.

Agreed about the moving. Sometimes you just need to do something even if its against what you think just for the better of your family

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Thank you Limerick Lass.
    I think we might end up moving in with the in laws to kill two birds with the one stone.
    It may be cramped but i feel things will improve that way until i get lucky with a job

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

What an ignorant post. Nowhere did he say anything about going out drinking and is it any of your business what he needs a babysitter for?

OP I'd suggest getting the hell out of there. Your family's safety is the most important thing and I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to babysit throughout the city.

Its a very sad state of affairs when the only option you really have is to move away from scumbag neighbours

• Advertisement

Its a very sad state of affairs when the only option you really have is to move away from scumbag neighbours

Agreed but you also need to do whatever you have to if it means protecting your family

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Have you tried approaching local councillors to find out if the council or health board are the tenants of your neighbours? Pascal Fitzgerald is local Labour councillor and Cathal Crowe is local Fianna Fail one, both live in Corbally and I'm sure their numbers are in phone book. They might be able to advise you on your options. I have heard that allegedly P.Fitzgerald was successful in having an anti-social family removed from the area due to their behaviour. I heard this 2nd hand so can't confirm if its true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

A feeling i know these trouble makers are. They've been targeting businesses in Corbally area lately too, they are dangerous. OP, even if you do manage to get them evicted, they make seek retribution on you. I dont think you have any choice but to move, that is what i would do anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is this in Westbury or somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Keep the authorities on to them - but it is important that you stay completely anonymous to all

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Move and now. If they are making money on your road, they are going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

i had a friend in the same situation and what she did was she wrote to them and told them she would report them to welfare for working while they were signing , to the tv licence people to check their licence , to the revenue people she even told them she would get there dog licence checked if the did'nt stop acting the maggot now they are nice and quite

Your friend was lucky she didn't get her windows done in. That has happened me twice and it is terrifying.

Just move op, you're renting so you have flexibility. If they are real 'hard' scum they won't be up for negotiation.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

lol go have a spliff with the yokes and explain the yer situation .. kids family and how ya dont need all the ruckus about .. if they have half a brain they will be more low key

lol go have a spliff with the yokes and explain the yer situation .. kids family and how ya dont need all the ruckus about .. if they have half a brain they will be more low key

Haha that's funny and probably true. If you are hellbent on staying put it might just be the only way to get them to give ye a bit of space. You might be lucky you never know! I do know threatening these guys would get you nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

If the house is privately rented contact the PRTB and explain your concerns and they may reveal the contact details for the landlord.

I feel for you OP as I am in the same boat but unfortunately cannot move as I own the property.

Oh make sure to document every little detail with dates etc.

Advertisement