Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa is gone.(mod warning @ post 762)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Mr Alan wrote: »
    good answer

Tony Barrett:
    Hope you've got a good lawyer Rashid, accusing a journalist of taking backhanders is a clear libel. Particularly as at no point have I claimed that the Liverpool fans have lost a battle with Benitez going. I did say he has lost a battle. Your other criticisms are valid.

he didnt accuse him though, he asked him a question, there's a big difference.

nice deflection from TB though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Columbia wrote: »
    Rafa being an unmitigated success in the transfer market.

where the heck did you get that from?

it think people went as far as 'pretty good'.

on the players; if that's true, well then, it's just not good at all. plain and simple. especially Torres. he was happy a matter of a couple of months ago from what i could tell.

my guess is this has been in the pipeline for a while, known by certain personnel, and if Torres goes, it's a huge statement of how bleak things are looking. it would be a massive vote of no-confidence in the boardroom regime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

event wrote: »
    he didnt accuse him though, he asked him a question, there's a big difference.

nice deflection from TB though

in fairness, he didn't have to answer the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

nice distraction from the World Cup IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

SlickRic wrote: »

on the players; if that's true, well then, it's just not good at all. plain and simple. especially Torres. he was happy a matter of a couple of months ago from what i could tell.

Not quite what you're referring to, mate - I've only been keeping half an eye on the thread. If it's about players being unhappy with Rafa I'm pretty sure it's been said by various media people that that's not true. Maybe I'm misunderstanding though.

What I can tell you, and I posted it in the Liverpool thread at least a month ago, is that both Torres and Gerrard have been unhappy with the club for some time and are considering their options, but it is 100% to do with the club's performance this season, not Rafa personally.

in fairness, he didn't have to answer the question.

oh i know but he should have just answered:

no.

and left it at that. twas a stupid question to ask, but you're gonna get that on webchats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Comment From Rafa BenitezRafa Benitez: ]
    I'm being sacked?????

Tony Barrett:
    No Rafa, you're being mutual consented!

oh i know but he should have just answered:

no.

and left it at that. twas a stupid question to ask, but you're gonna get that on webchats

i'd say it put the ****s up some little keyboard warrior for a second, good enough for me :D

Not quite what you're referring to, mate - I've only been keeping half an eye on the thread.

my 'what are you talking about' was in reference to your claim that people think Rafa has been an unmitigated success in the transfer market. i'm pretty sure nobody thinks that. but i may be wrong.

apologies for the lack of clarity.
    What I can tell you, and I posted it in the Liverpool thread at least a month ago, is that both Torres and Gerrard have been unhappy with the club for some time and are considering their options, but it is 100% to do with the club's performance this season, not Rafa personally.

i couldn't argue with this whatsoever.

although i do believe that if the club were in a state whereby the could be given assurances that the playing squad would be added to with quality, i think there'd be a lot less chance of them going.

if they go, i would blame it on a combination of the poor season, with, primarily IMO, the lack of support from board level to invest in the squad.

• Advertisement

Comment From Tom Hicks
    Tony do you not agree with me that the club is in a much better state now than when I took over?

Tony Barrett:
    You're spot on Tom. As ever. There are £351 million reasons why the club is in tip top shape. It's a shame you haven't visited Liverpool lately to see the fruits of your labour for yourself. The people over here love you.

Comment From George Gilletts Mum
    Have you seen my son? I can't find him anywhere.

Tony Barrett:
    Join the club Mrs Gillett. There are plenty of people who are desperate to know where your custodian of a son is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Updated the Rafa's spend thread.

Usual caveats apply re errors and omissions.

Can keep all the net spend topics over there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66217064&postcount=488

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

my 'what are you talking about' was in reference to your claim that people think Rafa has been an unmitigated success in the transfer market. i'm pretty sure nobody thinks that. but i may be wrong.

apologies for the lack of clarity.

Indeed, the "unmitigated success" in the post was just for effect, there isn't a manger in football who hasn't had numerous failings

i couldn't argue with this whatsoever.

although i do believe that if the club were in a state whereby the could be given assurances that the playing squad would be added to with quality, i think there'd be a lot less chance of them going.

if they go, i would blame it on a combination of the poor season, with, primarily IMO, the lack of support from board level to invest in the squad.

We'll have to see what happens, however I can't help but notice that the sacking happened mere hours after Gerrard and Carragher, the old guard of the squad, were on a plane to South Africa. I mean, if they intended to sack Benitez, they could have done it any time, so why then? Dunno, just conjecturing at this point, but I'd say Rafa had the support of the senior players and the owners knew this, so waited until they were gone.

edit: sorry, maybe jumping the gun with some of that post, he of course hasn't been sacked.

but I'd say Rafa had the support of the senior players and the owners knew this, so waited until they were gone.

would also explain why the lads with the Spanish team are said to be furious that the media is trying to claim players had any part in it.

however I can't help but notice that the sacking happened mere hours after Gerrard and Carragher, the old guard of the squad, were on a plane to South Africa. I mean, if they intended to sack Benitez, they could have done it any time, so why then? Dunno, just conjecturing at this point, but I'd say Rafa had the support of the senior players and the owners knew this, so waited until they were gone.

edit: sorry, maybe jumping the gun with some of that post, he of course hasn't been sacked.

i think we're all talking in the assumption that he is gone, so i wouldn't worry about 'jumping the gun'.

i think it's an interesting point RE: the senior players. i've always believed he had their support, and only at times this season have I maybe doubted that Stevie is totally on board. but he's also a moany git.

either way, i firmly believe the likes of Torres, Masch, Carra and Reina are fully behind the manager.

Imagine what the Fergie retirement thread will be like :eek:

Mark Hughes and Carra mentioned on here for next manager. This thread rocks.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Imagine what the Fergie retirement thread will be like :eek:

Mark Hughes and Carra mentioned on here for next manager. This thread rocks.

that's why its epic, Rarnes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

eagle eye wrote: »
    So still no official word that he has been sacked and we have 500 posts already.
    Keep it going lads.

Mr Alan 38 Des 25 Mental Mickey 24 Ardent 24 Headshot 19 SlickRic 18 The Muppet 14 Paulegend 13 opr 10 Archimedes 10 Frisbee 10 ShiverinEskimo 10 Eire-Dearg 9 ~Rebel~ 9 noodler 9 syngindub 9 Spud83 7 mike65 7 Ush1 7 eagle eye 7 Osu 7 everdead.ie 6 rarnes1 6 Xavi6 5 BastardPrince 5 Stevecw 5 MrStuffins 5 davyjose 5 The Recliner 5 MaceFace 5 MementoMori 5 monkey9 5 RasTa 5 FearDark 4 jank 4 lordgoat 4 eZe^ 4 101001 4 JJJJNR 4 Dr Galen 3 mixednuts 3 Park Ji Sung 3 mayordenis 3 Gillington 3 Columbia 3 quarryman 3 whatawaster 3 Cypher_sounds 3 jaykay74 3 DrumSteve 3 happyoutscan 3 Dub13 3 Kingdom 2 dreamers75 2 Aidric 2 wobblyknees 2 nedtheshed 2 event 2 ScienceNerd 2 c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage 2 p_larkin99 2 JimsAlterEgo 2 jenno86 2 kingshankly 2 bijapos 2 yermandan 2 ShaneU 2 leninbenjamin 2 Laois_Man 2 Perfect Choice 1 Ordinary man 1 x in the city 1 Stekelly 1 curry-muff 1 emc2 1 KaG 1 Fizman 1 bUILDERtHEbOB 1 ziggy 1 Mr.Nice Guy 1 PHB 1 Neil1984 1 200motels 1 spockety 1 uberwolf 1 Villain 1 Rosco1982 1 yom 1 1 Bounty Hunter 1 hitman79 1 MR NINE 1 Skud 1 aaronh007 1 joe316 1 TheSpecialOne 1 MisterAnarchy 1 doc_17 1 FreeOSCAR 1 Liam O 1 torresistheman 1 Essien 1 Melion 1 baz2009 1 Raekwon 1 m@cc@ 1 greendom 1 invinciblePRSTV 1 brianrcarney 1 bamboozling 1 missingtime 1 nkay1985 1 Qwerty27 1 SM01 1 colly10 1 That_Guy 1 Lukker- 1 K-9 1 Helix 1 JerryHandbag 1 LZ5by5 1

120px-14jx0xz.gif

I felt left out, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Osu wrote: »
    Sorry Helix, welshing on bets on the Soccer forum is unacceptable. The people don't accept that sort of breach of gambling.

its not welching. its janks call as to how long dennis loses his privileges for
    jank wrote: »
    Sigh, so it starts...

I wonder if I had lost this bet would posters be rallying around me?
    I think not!

So are we men or are we mice?

i wouldve, theres no point in getting rid of posters from here. the bet was for soccer privileges, it wasnt specified for how long, so its technically up to you to decide how long hes gone for. im just suggesting you not be a prick about it, same way id have suggested to him that he not be a prick if roles were reversed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

On the senior players being behind it the only ones who I could possibly see as even possibles are Gerrard, Carra, Torres, Masch, Benni, Rierawinger.

If they are responsible yetsre still looking to move away, it will be very hard for them to retain any sort of credibility.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

He's gone, officially.

www.liverpoolfc.tv

• Advertisement

Liverpool FC today confirmed that Rafael Benitez is to leave the club by mutual consent.

Mr Benitez relinquishes his position as team manager after six years and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their grateful thanks for his services and wish him all the best in his future career.

The Board has now asked Managing Director Christian Purslow, with the assistance of Club Ambassador Kenny Dalglish, to begin a formal search to identify and assess potential candidates for the managerial position.

No timescale has been placed on the process and Liverpool FC will make no further statement until a new manager is appointed.

LFC Chairman Martin Broughton said: "Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned.''

Rafael Benitez said: "It is very sad for me to announce that I will no longer be manager of Liverpool FC. I would like to thank all of the staff and players for their efforts.

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I'd love to be ina room with rafa now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Liverpool FC today confirmed that Rafael Benitez is to leave the club by mutual consent.

Mr Benitez relinquishes his position as team manager after six years and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their grateful thanks for his services and wish him all the best in his future career.

The Board has now asked Managing Director Christian Purslow, with the assistance of Club Ambassador Kenny Dalglish, to begin a formal search to identify and assess potential candidates for the managerial position.

No timescale has been placed on the process and Liverpool FC will make no further statement until a new manager is appointed.

LFC Chairman Martin Broughton said: "Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned.''

Rafael Benitez said: "It is very sad for me to announce that I will no longer be manager of Liverpool FC. I would like to thank all of the staff and players for their efforts.

"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

Nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

All official now it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thanks for everything Rafa.

You were qual-ity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yaaaaaawn.

Yaaaaaawn.

Ah here, no need to be a d1ck.

See ya Mayordennis

:pac:

noodler wrote: »

LOL chill out. It's only football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The new thread title is not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

It's hard for non-fans to find that line to be anything other than mature cheddar cheese.

LOL chill out. It's only football.

Alright but nobody doubts his intentions, motivations or general achievements at the club. If we can't show him some respect when he is leaving, especially after a dignified statement like that, then it reflects awfully on us.

Headshot wrote: »
    that's why its epic, Rarnes :)

Epic is too small a word for this.

MAMMOTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    The new thread title is not funny.

I think it's hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If he had read this thread he might have stayed.

Alright but nobody doubts his intentions, motivations or general achievements at the club. If we can't show him some respect when he is leaving, especially after a dignified statement like that, then it reflects awfully on us.

Aw come on. Yes it is a dignified statement, but that last line was so ****in PREDICTABLE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Archimedes wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious.

Of course you do. I wonder why that is. :rolleyes:

its a joke LZ5by5

ill change it back if you want me to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Now my post makes no sense.

• Advertisement

Aw come on. Yes it is a dignified statement, but that last line was so ****in PREDICTABLE.

kinda like when people wonder wat tine is gonna be played before the game?

or when we lose a game & people wait for you to throw your toys out of the pram?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seeing as you love them so much. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kinda like when people wonder wat tine is gonna be played before the game?

or when we lose a game & people wait for you to throw your toys out of the pram?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Loving the thread titles.

I still Paul Ince will be in the running.

lol

wp mod :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

gutted. this isn't how liverpool do things.

gutted.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I bet you are not a Liverpool fan.

I am actually.

Yaaaaaawn.

Yawn

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Because he has a sense of humour.

i had a full-on heart attack with that thread title.

git :pac:

'after a disappointing season we decided there was a need for a fresh start.'

1) modern football :rolleyes: (one season)
    2) damn Americans.

how fresh? will this new manager have money? will he have any pedigree?

absolute bullsh*t of the highest order.

i can't wait to see the replacement.

Thread title changed to keep thread open? ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement