Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa is gone.(mod warning @ post 762)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hiddink doesn't seem to be an option considering he just signed on with Turkey and seems to get on so well with abromovich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Hiddink doesn't seem to be an option considering he just signed on with Turkey and seems to get on so well with abromovich.

i know but onelives in hope.....

Lippi????

apparently redknapp is wanted :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

redknapp will never leave spurs to go n manage Liverpool with the state we're in at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

thebullkf wrote: »

Lippi????

i cant see what would wrong with him.

i cant see what would wrong with him.

neither can i.....think he's good manager-good calibre-would command respect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mr Alan wrote: »
    redknapp will never leave spurs to go n manage Liverpool with the state we're in at the minute.
    What about Jamie? :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

What about Jamie? :)

james and the giant peach would be better!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I see Sven is putting his name into the hat for the job, he just doesn't know when to give up does he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

thebullkf wrote: »

Lippi????

Why would Redknapp turn down what is potentially his first ever chance to manage a team in the Champions League to go to Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I see Sven is putting his name into the hat for the job, he just doesn't know when to give up does he.

Where did you see that?, the only reference so far is from the *** 'news'paper. If theres one thing a lifelong red doesnt do its talk to that shower and errickson is no idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Louis Van Gaal would be a good manager for you guys. Someone may have to be sold though.

If Man Utd bid 20 million for Torres or Reina please accept :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

daithijjj wrote: »
    Where did you see that?, the only reference so far is from the *** 'news'paper. If theres one thing a lifelong red doesnt do its talk to that shower and errickson is no idiot.

Here's the same story with the same quotes with absolutely no credit given to that rag.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7144696.ece

I suspect it's just the s*n doing their usual thing of having one person in a crowd, and claiming an exclusive interview.

The same article also rules Hiddink out of the job :(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Erikkson ah bless, god loves a chancer

i'd be ok wit Sven to be honest.

i'd be ok wit Sven to be honest.

I'd take him over O Neill and Hodgson in a heartbeat tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Here's the same story with the same quotes with absolutely no credit given to that rag.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7144696.ece :(

Times wouldnt have to credit the sun... they're the same business.

seems like a good fella, knows our players, worked wit the english lads before, did well at City and was a joke he got sacked, did well at England, great in Italy. Don't think we'll appoint him though.

seems like a good fella, knows our players, worked wit the english lads before, did well at City and was a joke he got sacked, did well at England, great in Italy. Don't think we'll appoint him though.

I wondered this a couple of pages ago though... Does Gerrard get on with him? Carra?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Sven wouldn't have the players respect, you's can do a lot better then a man that must be addicted to pay offs by this stage and hasn't had a solid track record in years, to him managerial jobs are just notches on the bed post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

101001 wrote: »
    I wondered this a couple of pages ago though... Does Gerrard get on with him? Carra?

To be honest I could not give a shyte as to what Gerrard and Carragher think of a manager, nor should their preference play have any part in the search for a new manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

I hope the board and Kenny dont even consider Sven. Not a good choice for me at all. Has done nothing of note in the last few years. He is a chancer probably just looking for another payoff.

Kess73 wrote: »
    To be honest I could not give a shyte as to what Gerrard and Carragher think of a manager, nor should their preference play have any part in the search for a new manager.
    Agree 100%.

Neither do i... but if the appointment ruffles more feathers and people start bad mouthing/walking, the club ends up aggravating a situation that really shouldn't be made worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

You are absolutely right bit there is the awful impression that Gerrard and Carragher have gained so much authority at the club and its really hard to shake.

i'd sell the pair rather than them have so much say in things at the club. its a ****in joke.

i'd sell the pair rather than them have so much say in things at the club. its a ****in joke.
    I didn't ask the question whether they had a say in who runs the club... They should have no say. I was merely wondering about Svens suitability in my own mind. I was wondering if his appointment would cause dressing room unrest. The suitability of a manger for a position... Imagine if you will you have a team of Wayne Bridges and John Terry is available as a manager, certain things might cross yuor mind about the manager and the effect he'd have on the team

Yep, would be behind the selling of any players who thought that they should have a say in what manager was brought in, regardless of that player's status.

101001 wrote: »
    I didn't ask the question whether they had a say in who runs the club... They should have no say. I was merely wondering about Svens suitability in my own mind. I was wondering if his appointment would cause dressing room unrest. The suitability of a manger for a position... Imagine if you will you have a team of Wayne Bridges and John Terry is available as a manager, certain things might cross yuor mind about the manager and the effect he'd have on the team

Hehe sorry but the idea of John Terry as the manager of any club cracks me up, even in a hypothetical situation.:)

we're like 2 peas in a pod lately Kess! ;)

• Advertisement

we're like 2 peas in a pod lately Kess! ;)

Must be something in the water. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This thread makes some reading. Thank god it isn't in the super thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Here's what Carragher had to say about Sven. Obviously he should never have a say on our manager(don't know where people get the idea he will, he's certainly far less out-spoken then Gerrard), but what he says scares me and when you look at his latest record it seems to me he only cares about the $$$$ and jet setting. He did a good job at city but his feet seem to get itchy very quickly and I'm not sure how long he'd last.
    "I was never sure if Eriksson was an international manager or international playboy. I know what he was best at.

"The longer he spent in the job, the worse his status became as a football coach and the better he became a Casanova.

"Before one of his early World Cup qualifiers, a story broke about girls finding their way into the team hotel to provide some of the players with pre-match 'entertainment'.

"Instead we received some fatherly advice. There's no need to have girls in the team hotel,' Sven told us. 'If you see someone you like, just get her phone number and arrange to go to her house after the game. Then we will have no problems.'"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd take him over O Neill and Hodgson in a heartbeat tbh

We don't care about the lack of PL experience?

He has been out of club management for a while and was a disaster with Mexico.

Thought he got too much stick at England but getting them to major tournaments shouldn't be that difficult.

reading that i remember now. good man Carra :rolleyes: another reason why players should not be writing biographies while still in the game.

reading that i remember now. good man Carra :rolleyes: another reason while players should not be writing biographies while still in the game.

Clearly it doesn't bother Sven though, with his expression of interest and all.

I think we could do with the sex appeal.

• Advertisement

rafa is sexier than sven. fahct :(

He is quaaality but sexy he ain't.

God, reminds me of Mr Burges from the Snapper

"That was quaaallity Sharon"

rafa is sexier than sven. fahct :(
    I quite fancy the portly, goateed, latin type myself. A1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

very bad state for sure, but if chelsea cock up 80 gadzillion euros no way will pool say no :p

or then city will counter offer and say, we offer 120 million for torres..

si!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sounds like sound advice from Sven.

• Advertisement

Here's what Carragher had to say about Sven. Obviously he should never have a say on our manager(don't know where people get the idea he will, he's certainly far less out-spoken then Gerrard), but what he says scares me and when you look at his latest record it seems to me he only cares about the $$$$ and jet setting. He did a good job at city but his feet seem to get itchy very quickly and I'm not sure how long he'd last.

Carra, always quick with advice and comments on what other players and managers do wrong, but not so good at taken criticism.

The lad loves the club, and has given me a hell of a lot of good memories about him playing, but sometimes I wish he would just shut the hell up. He reminds me a lot of Roy Keane at times with the criticism he has had of many of the managers he has played under and many of the players he has played with.

As has been said already in this thread, he is a great example of why players should not be putting out autobiographies before they retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Carra, always quick with advice and comments on what other players and managers do wrong, but not so good at taken criticism.

The lad loves the club, and has given me a hell of a lot of good memories about him playing, but sometimes I wish he would just shut the hell up. He reminds me a lot of Roy Keane at times with the criticism he has had of many of the managers he has played under and many of the players he has played with.

As has been said already in this thread, he is a great example of why players should not be putting out autobiographies before they retire.

Didn't stick to his pledge not to return for England either!

Sven was screwed over by the Man City board too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Didn't stick to his pledge not to return for England either!

Sven was screwed over by the Man City board too!

I have looked for a pledge not to return to playing for England but I am having trouble finding one!!!!!!!!!

Sven was not too bad for England and was ok for City too!!!!!!!!!!

I would not mind him at Liverpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!!!!exclamation mark!!!111!!

There are plenty more I would like to see there before him mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you officially 'retire', you are meant to not return. Don't agree with any player coming back once they do that.

Contrast this to Alessandro Nesta recently who explicity rejected being reinstated by Lippi for Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sven would be a disaster. One of the biggest reasons for Rafa's downfall was the media's sheer determination to destroy and humiliate him. The tabloid media have a very similar mentality towards Sven, they will aggressively seek opportunities to cover Sven in controversy and make him look like a clown.

That is NOT what we need. Jesus, Roy Hodgson and Martin O'Neill become better options by the day, at least they are media darlings who won't have to worry about such a media campaign that Rafa and Sven have faced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Sven would be a disaster. One of the biggest reasons for Rafa's downfall was the media's sheer determination to destroy and humiliate him. The tabloid media have a very similar mentality towards Sven, they will aggressively seek opportunities to cover Sven in controversy and make him look like a clown.

That is NOT what we need. Jesus, Roy Hodgson and Martin O'Neill become better options by the day, at least they are media darlings who won't have to worry about such a media campaign that Rafa and Sven have faced.

much as id like you to take mon off our hands, theres no chance in the slightest hed go to liverpool as things currently stand

the sven/media thing is a big negative for me as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

When you officially 'retire', you are meant to not return. Don't agree with any player coming back once they do that.

Contrast this to Alessandro Nesta recently who explicity rejected being reinstated by Lippi for Italy.

What about zidane returning for France and becomming player of the tournement 4 years ago? Shouldn't have come back?

Carra was asked to return to help his country, why shouldn't he come out of retirement? Nothing negative/dishonourable/underhanded about it whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure Carragher says in his book that if England were stuck with injuries etc he wouldn't rule out coming back.

At least he knows what to expect from the media by now.

Don't see Hodgson being a big club manager anymore!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement