Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa is gone.(mod warning @ post 762)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Do you have some magic beans too?

As someone mentioned above,this is a poison chalice.No CL football,probably limited funds without selling,the real possibility of losing your 2 best players,2 owners that dont give a crap about the club for anything other than a money making vehicle.

Its a near impossible job no matter how you look at it.

On SSN now that he's off.

watching SSN all night. they say he is more than likely going but nothing new since it was announced they offered the 3 million. wont be any updates until the morning when Rafa talks to his agent. all SSN is saying is just speculation right now.

your right about it being a posoin chalice but i do think we are still in a good position. next year is just going to be focused on the league table. maybe the new manager will win the europa and have some good cup runs with a top 4 finish in the league????

New rumours -
    Gerrard put in a transfer request and said he would only stay if Rafa left!
    New owners would only buy if Rafa went before they would buy!

i have a feeling about the second rumour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What "World Class" manager is realistically going to come in this summer, when he could be out of a job if the new owners don't "fancy him"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Paulegend wrote: »
    watching SSN all night. they say he is more than likely going but nothing new since it was announced they offered the 3 million. wont be any updates until the morning when Rafa talks to his agent. all SSN is saying is just speculation right now.

your right about it being a posoin chalice but i do think we are still in a good position. next year is just going to be focused on the league table. maybe the new manager will win the europa and have some good cup runs with a top 4 finish in the league????

i have a feeling about the second rumour

IF he goes,who will they get in.IMO there arent a whole helluva lot of proven managers out there.Sure there are managers that have done well with "smaller" teams eg Hodgson,McLeish or O'Neill but would any of them have the wherewithall to bring Liverpool back into the top 4 or better?

The weight of expectation on any manager will be absolutely massive,Rafa couldnt win the league with the team and was able to manage a second placed finish as his best placing.Logic would dictate the league should be top priority.With G+H pulling the strings who would want that.

Rafa was garaunteed funds and other things but the promises werent delivered on so what hope would a new manager have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Headshot wrote: »
    looks like the news we all feared the most , rafa could be gone

Speak for yourself. The news some of us hoped for.

No more mid-table mediocrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

LFC are finished for another generation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ardent wrote: »
    Speak for yourself. The news some of us hoped for.

I think you would find that the majority of LFC fans will disagree with this.

Stevecw wrote: »
    Hope its true. His time there is well up...living off that CL win in 05 for far too long. The man went a bit mad there last year with his team selections and especially the subs he made. Liverpool are going nowhere with him. Need a change.

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this is a new level of ridiculous.

1) this season is the first time we've approached mid-table. one catastrophic season does not justify the term 'no more mid-table mediocrity'.

2) who is this magic man who will make us a title winning team with no money to spend.

be realistic now.

i dare you.

Columbia wrote: »
    Deserves to go. Most Liverpool fans seem to support Rafa more than their own club at this stage, it's actually kind of creepy.

Absolutely. You wouldn't see it any other club.

SlickRic wrote: »
    2) who is this magic man who will make us a title winning team with no money to spend.

It was never going to be Benitez anyway, that much is clear after 6 abject seasons.

• Advertisement

Thanks Frisbee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Absolutely. You wouldn't see it any other club.
    Were you not crying for Rafa to be sacked last season when we were challenging for the title, dispatching top teams with ease in the run in? Your hatred for the man at that time certainly seemed stronger than your support for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Osu wrote: »
    It's official... Rafa Leaves...

That is sooooooooo page 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It was never going to be Benitez anyway, that much is clear after 6 abject seasons.

Lol, two champions league finals and a 2nd place is abject. You're right though - the league is easy to win, he should have won it every year :rolleyes:

you're serious aren't you?

you're actually deadly serious?

i just hope nobody buys the absolute rubbish you're talking. and it's interesting you're coming out so forcefully today.

anti-Rafa before being pro-Liverpool if i've ever seen it.

Frisbee wrote: »
    That is sooooooooo page 2

Ooops! Thank you, I'm having a slooow day today. Thanks for pointing that out. What a nice girl you are :pac:

Sorry couldn't resist!

6 abject seasons. champions league title, FA cup, champions league final, champions league semi final, league title challenge. That's a pretty nice return in 4 out of 6 seasons. Combined with record points totals, a genuinely world class spine of a team despite no real investment in the last 2 years, i think you're talking serious ****e. And i suspect when you look back at our years with rafa in 5 years, they'll ae viewed as a golden time for the club

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Were you not crying for Rafa to be sacked last season when we were challenging for the title, dispatching top teams with ease in the run in? Your hatred for the man at that time certainly seemed stronger than your support for the team.

Dispatching teams with ease? I know you're a ridiculous revisionist but that's deluded in the extreme.

Benitez's inability to dispatch lesser teams scuppered our title chances yet again that year - you obviously wouldn't remember that horrendous run of home draws that saw us fall away in title race.

Dispatching teams with ease? I know you're a ridiculous revisionist but that's deluded in the extreme.

Benitez's inability to dispatch lesser teams scuppered our title chances yet again that year - you obviously wouldn't remember that horrendous run of home draws that saw us fall away in title race.
    Or you don't remember the sensational run of form which saw us get back into it. Yes. I'm the revisionist.

you're serious aren't you?

you're actually deadly serious?

i just hope nobody buys the absolute rubbish you're talking. and it's interesting you're coming out so forcefully today.

anti-Rafa before being pro-Liverpool if i've ever seen it.

Anti-Rafa is right. I have supported the club since the 80s, and I was a big fan of Benitez early on in his reign, but it's clear the the guy has lost the plot in recent seasons.

Don't cry. The club will go on without your boyfriend.

• Advertisement

6 abject seasons. champions league title, FA cup, champions league final, champions league semi final, league title challenge. That's a pretty nice return in 4 out of 6 seasons. Combined with record points totals, a genuinely world class spine of a team despite no real investment in the last 2 years, i think you're talking serious ****e. And i suspect when you look back at our years with rafa in 5 years, they'll ae viewed as a golden time for the club

How many league titles in there?

How many league titles in there?

None. Or he would have mentioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn.gif

in terms of that year...you're actually plain, full-on making stuff up.

stop re-writing history.

he had his faults, they're well documented, but give the man a bit of credit.

you'd swear he took us from the number one spot in Premiership football to relegation candidates the way you go on.

and you still haven't answered who we can realistically get in who is of a greater calibre, can steady the ship, and get us challenging for the title.

davyjose wrote: »
    Lol, two champions league finals and a 2nd place is abject. You're right though - the league is easy to win, he should have won it every year :rolleyes:

Yep, we're talking about the league. 6 - well 5 for sure - abject seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

is that the silent treatment because thats just mean:D

grow up.

Anti-Rafa is right. I have supported the club since the 80s, and I was a big fan of Benitez early on in his reign, but it's clear the the guy has lost the plot in recent seasons.

Maybe that's your problem - you view League titles as a matter of fact, and not an extremely difficult achievement that teams such as Man United and Arsenal have also gone 20+ years without winning in their history.

Bit of cop on needed tbh.

Ardent, are you saying the Liverpool manager has to win the league title or he is a failure? Cause, i hate to break it to ya, but we ain't won one is 20 odd years, while that should be our overall goal, that is no longer the barometer for success at Liverpool, whether you like it or not. We were closer than we have been for nearly two decades last season, until this season we were going the right direction.

• Advertisement

in terms of that year...you're actually plain, full-on making stuff up.

stop re-writing history.

he had his faults, they're well documented, but give the man a bit of credit.

you'd swear he took us from the number one spot in Premiership football to relegation candidates the way you go on.

and you still haven't answered who we can realistically get in who is of a greater calibre, can steady the ship, and get us challenging for the title.

Look, the fact of the matter is this - he has had 6 seasons in charge and he's no nearer to winning the league than when he took over. Next!

I actually don't care who takes over at this stage - a change is desperately needed.

Yep, we're talking about the league. 6 - well 5 for sure - abject seasons.

I thought so.

I actually don't care who takes over at this stage - a change is desperately needed.

So you just want change for the sake of change?

Look, the fact of the matter is this - he has had 6 seasons in charge and he's no nearer to winning the league than when he took over. Next!

I suspect you may have been dropped as a baby.

Indeed

MichaelJacksonPopcorn.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

We can debate without name calling/pettiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I suspect you may have been dropped as a baby.

ah alan ffs

thats uncalled for

well to win the League they're going to have to be f*cking exceptional, so I hope you do care about who we get in.

because Sparky ain't going to win it for us.

neither is O'Neill.

neither is Hodgson.

will i go on?

i was serious :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mr Alan: Hating babies since February 2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ Ardent...christ...

You should either be banned for trolling or, more likely, institutionalized for insanity!

Your posts are frankly delusional!

• Advertisement

Ardent, are you saying the Liverpool manager has to win the league title or he is a failure? Cause, i hate to break it to ya, but we ain't won one is 20 odd years, while that should be our overall goal, that is no longer the barometer for success at Liverpool, whether you like it or not. We were closer than we have been for nearly two decades last season, until this season we were going the right direction.

That attitude is so depressing, given the rich history of the club. I hope the Liverpool board have more ambition than you.

well to win the League they're going to have to be f*cking exceptional, so I hope you do care about who we get in.

because Sparky ain't going to win it for us.

neither is O'Neill.

neither is Hodgson.

will i go on?

Neither is Benitez.

That attitude is so depressing, given the rich history of the club. I hope the Liverpool board have more ambition than you.
    History means **** all when predicting future success. Oh and You're aware who is on the Liverpool board right?

you need to move forward 20 years.

we. are. not. the. best. team. in. England. anymore.

our ambition, right now, should be to get competitive consistently at the top end of the table, which we have become more and more until this year.

you clearly believe we still have a divine right to win the League. for your own sanity, you need to get realistic. remain a bit optimistic, but realistic all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Don't you get it? THERE IS NO MONEY!

Where money should be, there is a gaping chasm with a little piece of paper saying " I.O.U 300 million"

We will not buy any big players. We will not get a top level replacement manager. We will not win the league. We will not even remotely challenge for the league. The things we have done over the past few years were ONLY down to an exceptional manager in charge who papered over the cracks of being BROKE.

Neither is Benitez.
    He's come closer than any of the lads mentioned in Rics post. And has actually won a top european league. His record in Europe is also beyond question.

ah alan ffs

thats uncalled for

What else would you expect from someone who's just had the rug swept out from under his feet? Everything he has posted recently about Liverpool FC, Rafa Benitez and the clubs players has been proven wrong.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Don't you get it? THERE IS NO MONEY!

Where money should be, there is a gaping chasm with a little piece of paper saying " I.O.U 300 million"

We will not buy any big players. We will not get a top level replacement manager. We will not win the league. We will not even remotely challenge for the league. The things we have done over the past few years were ONLY down to an exceptional manager in charge who papered over the cracks of being BROKE.
    Don't often do this, but QFT or whatever that abbreviation is.

What else would you expect from someone who's just had the rug swept out from under his feet? Everything he has posted recently about Liverpool FC, Rafa Benitez and the clubs players has been proven wrong.
    What on gods green earth are you talking about. Links please.

you clearly believe we still have a divine right to win the League. for your own sanity, you need to get realistic.

What was it that Gerard Houllier used to say...?

Fail to prepare and prepare to fail.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement