Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sayings/quotes

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

My Father had a profound influence on me. He was a lunatic.
    Spike Milligan

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SeanIAm

Not sure if it's been posted already but if it has it's worth thinking about again

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."-Einstein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Get it honest if you can, but get it anyway.

"Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him,
    And makes me poor indeed." - Iago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

‎"Felicity Shagwell, C.I.A. Shagwell by name, shag VERY well by reputation." Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

"Fear is choosing the safe course, most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks. The brave one is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this. Then you will succeed."
    -George Bernard Shaw

Our teacher taught us this in school during my LC 2 years ago, I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

"It's okay to be a loser, it just depends on how good you are at being one" - Billie Joe Armstrong.

That has always been one that makes me smile. :)

"Minority is about being an individual. It's like you have to sift through the darkness to find your place and be that individual you want to be your entire life" - Green Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Conor94

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement