Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good place to buy a Satnav

Options
  • 02-06-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks anyone know of a good place to buy a Satnav, at a reasonable price need irish UK and european maps

Dont need Bluetooth or anything fancy

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I recently bought mine at Amazon.co.uk which was the best place on price at the time. I've a price comparison with some of the different online and Irish retail stores in the below thread. The differences in prices between online and irish retail stores is just staggering and you'll have the online purchase in a few days from the convenience of your home.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055866213

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Cheers tnx for the info, out of interest what model did u go for and how do you find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I got the Garmin Nuvi 265w. My flatmate and brother both have the Garmin Nuvi 255w and find it very good and since the 265w was the same price with built in blue tooth I went for that. I don't have bluetooth in my phone or radio but there's no harm in having the option as I'm more likely to update my phone in future than the car radio.

In truth I haven't used it that much so far as I haven't been doing much driving but the times I have used it I did find it very good. The preinstalled maps are somewhat out of date so I'm currently updating those at present. As part of the purchase you get one map update during a 60 day period following the first time you seek satellites. Hopefully there won't be any problems installing the maps and everything will go smoothly.

I have an existing Garmin Edge 705 for cycling and find the maps very good so was keen to go with Garmin again plus anyone I know who has Garmin find the usability and options very intuitive. My father for instance has a Navman satnav and the Points of Interest and general user interface is far behind those of Garmin.

Good luck with your research.

Advertisement