Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what do you think?

• 02-06-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

thought id ask the males opinion on this,

date fri night, going for drinks .
    think a litte black dress, hees and bare legs is to ott for first date going for drins?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

first date..... do you want a relationship or sex ?

age group would help a bit too !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If you want it to last go more casual than that. Nice jeans, heels and top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 missunderstood1

im 22

i dont now what i want its a first date but kno i wont be having sex on the first date.

hes a bit older so ideally i wanna ook a little bit more older im very young lookin so i at least wanna look my age.
    itll be to a nice bar for drinks i think he's a litte upper class.. and then theres me the country girl who'd rather wear a pair of wellies, but we do get alng good so i wannt it to go well and to oo attractive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i think its a little to much persoanlly speakin. little black dress = to me well i dunno something else other then first dates....

what else does it mean :eek: i have no time to shop for anything, me thinks ill be canceling :(

this is the dress in question

http://http://www.awear.com/Dresses/Black-Crochet-Insert-Shell-Dress/invt/10400986black

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

what else does it mean :eek: i have no time to shop for anything, me thinks ill be canceling :(

http://http://www.awear.com/Dresses/Black-Crochet-Insert-Shell-Dress/invt/10400986black

dont ever take waht i say that serously i dress in jeans and hoodies, :o even tho id really love to own a guccci suit.
    tho im going to buy my self a shirt on friday :eek:if you want to dress a black skirt go for it :)

thanks but i have it in my head now from some of the comments that im going to be giving off the impression that im up for sex, all cause im wearing a black dress and no tights :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its not that you will be looking like you will be up for sex....but (and I think I speak for most of the other guys that responded) ... we expected a sluttier little black dress.

the one you showed a link to is respectable....not slutty.

anyways - first date is about being comfortable and just getting to know each other, making your excuses and leaving before the date is over....this means you can text/call and arrange another date.

at 22 - and him slightly older... he's more than likely to be only interested in you...not what you are wearing !! .... so no matter what you wear , as long as you can laugh, joke and flirt and talk with him he'll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

IMO the LBD doesnt signify that you want sex however I would think its a bit too over dressed for a first date.

I dunno you should really go try the ladys lounge or F&A Us men only thing with one side of the brain apprently.. dont scrap it. because you cant figure out what to where the ladys of the ladys lounge are well knowlagble on that kinda stuff where men if you ask does my ass look big we useually say. No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Offy wrote: »

Agreed.

It does depend on the guy. If he is the type of guy who will be dressed up, then that dress will look well. I know on a first date it's nice to see that the other party has made an effort to look well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Offy wrote: »

This is incredibly half-assed advice that bears ignoring. No offence meant Offy but ya wouldn't be saying that to someone going to a job interview or whatever. The aim is to dress appropriately (to situation, venue, comfort levels etc etc).

My personal opinion of that dress would be that it isn't right for the occasion. It'd be more suited to wear on a night out with the girls or a few dates in when going to dinner first. You could easily make it work, obv, but without knowing where abouts you're going on the date, it's difficult to tell... Don't cancel the date over it anyway. Go and have fun, I'm sure you'll look great in the LBD anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

im 22

i dont now what i want its a first date but kno i wont be having sex on the first date.

hes a bit older so ideally i wanna ook a little bit more older im very young lookin so i at least wanna look my age.
    itll be to a nice bar for drinks i think he's a litte upper class.. and then theres me the country girl who'd rather wear a pair of wellies, but we do get alng good so i wannt it to go well and to oo attractive :)

Can I ask how much older? Becuase that would really give an indication of what men of his age would generally like.

Don't cancel,there is no point, it's a really nice dress and as long as you can pull it off I am sure he will be well impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Jesus christ its only a LBD - OP Go on the date and wear that, it's perfectly fine! - things gone way over the top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

OP, as long as you look like you have made the effort it is fine imo. Weather that be jeans and a top or an lbd, whatever you think you look best and feel sexiest in.
    He'll just be delighted to see you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Dress for then environment youre going out in. I've went out on a good few dates the last few months and I find that most girls wear jeans out on a first date because we usually go to the pub.
    In all honesty what you wear isn't that important as men don't usually take notice of clothes.Most important thing is that you look nice .

Have fun .:)

BTW keep the LBD for a dinner date .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

nedtheshed wrote: »
    IMO the LBD doesnt signify that you want sex however I would think its a bit too over dressed for a first date.

Agreed. Just a *little* bit too much. LBD's should be saved for special occasions IMO.

Advertisement