Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

karcher power washer

Options
  • 02-06-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭

i bought one from homebase about a year ago, anyhow washing the cars and i heard a hissing sound, and a flame shot out of the thing,

needless to say i got a fright, and ran in to plug out the extension lead, (thankfully wasnt eletrocuted as water and electricity don't mix!)

when i bought it, I purchased the homebase warranty, that covers it for damage etc for 2 years, but cannot find the warranty or receipt now, is there any way i can get it replaced still? (although not sure if want another after that)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

patrickc wrote: »
    i bought one from homebase about a year ago, anyhow washing the cars and i heard a hissing sound, and a flame shot out of the thing,

needless to say i got a fright, and ran in to plug out the extension lead, (thankfully wasnt eletrocuted as water and electricity don't mix!)

when i bought it, I purchased the homebase warranty, that covers it for damage etc for 2 years, but cannot find the warranty or receipt now, is there any way i can get it replaced still? (although not sure if want another after that)

Did you buy it with a Laser/CC or cash? If cash no joy unless it's unique to Homebase, which is unlikely, if plastic your statement is proof of purchase.

When you purchased the extended warranty did they take you details? Contact Homebase and see who runs their insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If you bought their warranty, they should (not legally, but from a professional service point of view) have your product details on file. and a record of the sale of the policy.

I've had this with Curries/PC World, and they've always managed to find my details (I'm not the most organised when it comes to personal paperwork!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

thanks think i paid by laser, but cannot remember may check through statements and see

• Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've heard that Karcher's warranty service is crap.

rang homebase, and they said unless I can find the reciept or the specific day i bought it , then I have no comeback .

may find that bloody reciept

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

go buy one in aldi for 70 euro!

go buy one in aldi for 70 euro!

would rather get this replaced, as i spent 160 on it, and bought the extra warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

patrickc wrote: »
    rang homebase, and they said unless I can find the reciept or the specific day i bought it , then I have no comeback .

may find that bloody reciept

You don't need the receipt. All you need is proof of purchase, if you paid by laser all you need is you statement showing homebase.

Have you asked to be put in contact with the company who provides the extended warranty you got? They should have all your details.

Del2005 wrote: »
    You don't need the receipt. All you need is proof of purchase, if you paid by laser all you need is you statement showing homebase.

Have you asked to be put in contact with the company who provides the extended warranty you got? They should have all your details.

they said that your insurance is your on your reciept well clipped to it, and that they don't keepn records of it.

i have a statement but not sure if that's the correct homebase transaction or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

There are two ranges of Karcher's ie one for the DIY market and the other professional market, (Seen in service stations, factories etc)

The DIY range is sh*te and is only usefull for the occasional cleaning of drive ways etc I would sooner pick up a SH industrial model. There was a heap of them for sale recently from the main agent in Galway.

• Advertisement

There are two ranges of Karcher's ie one for the DIY market and the other professional market, (Seen in service stations, factories etc)

The DIY range is sh*te and is only usefull for the occasional cleaning of drive ways etc I would sooner pick up a SH industrial model. There was a heap of them for sale recently from the main agent in Galway.

it was used i'd say 20 times max if even and this happened, so your probably right

Advertisement