Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know what this problem might be on a Sony DSC-W200

• 02-06-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

A friend has had a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W200 for the past 6 months or so. Now when she turns it on it appears to be normal for about 2 seconds then a message shows on the screen saying
    "for use with compatible battery only" and then turns itself off.
    The battery is the original Sony lithium ion NP-BG1.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Are all the contacts on the battery clean and making good contact with the camera, can the battery be put (or forced) in the wrong way? Just wonder if the camera is not "seeing" it properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

Try taking out the battery, then holding the power button down for 30 seconds to reset it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

drag0n79 wrote: »
    Try taking out the battery, then holding the power button down for 30 seconds to reset it.
    Thanks
    I googled the problem and that was one of the tips but unfortunately it didn't work :mad: Looks like its a well known fault on Sony cameras and too expensive to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JuliePhotoArt

I have same camera and exactly the same problem after using it for over two years. In addition to displaying the message it does not move the lens. Do you have same symptoms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

It sounds like there's some sort of battery DRM built in to the camera, so it could be a printer-ink-like scam in which the battery becomes invalid after a certain period of time and it has to be replaced.

I don't trust Sony and this sounds exactly like the sort of thing they'd try and do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I have same camera and exactly the same problem after using it for over two years. In addition to displaying the message it does not move the lens. Do you have same symptoms?
    Thank you
    The lens opens normally and after 2 seconds the message comes up on the screen then the lens retracts and the camera powers off. If I am quick enough I can take 1 snap before it shuts down.

Advertisement