Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super League 15 Round 16 4th-6th June

• 03-06-2010 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Friday:
    Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Wildcats KO 20:00 *SKY*
    Hull FC v St. Helens KO 20:00
    Salford City Reds v Warrington Wolves KO 20:00

Sunday:
    Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers KO 15:00
    Harlequins RL v Crusaders RL KO 17:45 *SKY*
    Bradford Bulls v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00
    Hull Kingston Rovers v Catalans Dragon KO 15:00

Friday's matches should all be easy enough to call, though a couple on Sunday look pretty tight. Tough times ahead for Purdham after what happened in Cumbria today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

amacachi wrote: »
    Tough times ahead for Purdham after what happened in Cumbria today.

Pretty shocking stuff. His brother was also a professional player for a time, played for Workington town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Terrible news for Rob and his family and the whole of Cumbria. Couple of statements from Workington Towns Chairman and Quins Chairman:
    Workington Town: Everyone at the club is shocked and devastated to hear this unbelievable and tragic news. Garry Purdham was quite simply a gentleman and a real pleasure to know.

As a player he was as honest and industrious on the pitch as indeed he was off it. He would think nothing of doing a stint on the farm before turning up to play professional rugby league.

He had a wonderful, calm and mature temperament coupled with a dry sense of humour and as a result was one of those players that his team mates looked up to. He had the respect of the whole rugby league community in West Cumbria, and will be missed by all involved in it.

Our thoughts and very much with all Garry’s family at this very sad time

Dave Bowden
    Harlequins Rugby League would like to send their deepest sympathies and condolences to the family of Garry Purdham who was tragically killed yesterday.

Garry was the brother of Harlequins Rugby League captain Rob Purdham.

Harlequins Rugby League chairman, David Hughes, said:

“The thoughts of everyone at the club are with the Purdham family at this terrible time, and all those affected by yesterday’s tragic events in Cumbria.”
    I'm sure there will be discussions about whether certain fixtures should be played, Rob has been given compassionate leave by Quins. I trust the RL community 100 percent to make the right decisions respecting those who lost their lives and their love ones left behind. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Such a tragedy diminishes the pleasurable anticipation of SL returning.

As my father's family originated from west Cumbria it is difficult for me to comprehend how such carnage can occur in such a benign area:(.

Poor Rob Purdham must be in a state of shock and bewilderment. My heart goes out to him and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Such a tragedy diminishes the pleasurable anticipation of SL returning.

As my father's family originated from west Cumbria it is difficult for me to comprehend how such carnage can occur in such a benign area:(.

Poor Rob Purdham must be in a state of shock and bewilderment. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Awful tragic events.

All RL games in England from the Rugby League Conference to the top of the ladder are to have a minutes silence in memory this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

So how badly do we think Wakefield are going to get beaten tonight? :pac: If ya see this Toom you've not done your Sport Guru yet. ;)

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    So how badly do we think Wakefield are going to get beaten tonight? :pac: If ya see this Toom you've not done your Sport Guru yet. ;)

Wakey will be well, well up for this. Playing Leeds always brings 110% out of the Wildcats. Wouldn't be surprised if its alot closer than the pundits would have us believe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Leeds look to be half asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

As usually Wakey do all the hard work only to then bestow Leeds with a endless stream of gifts:mad:

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    As usually Wakey do all the hard work only to then bestow Leeds with a endless stream of gifts:mad:

Yeah strange game, pity about the mini monsoon that changed the shape of it 20 mins in. Yet another very poor refereeing performance as well. Wakefield's major problem seems to be an inability to score from deep, they've got to work up to the twenty for a short range effort. Takes the pressure of the opposition in defence.

Story of last night's got to be FC returning from the dead to beat Saints. Game looked dead an buried after forty minutes, with Saints running in a Meli Hat trick. Half Time 6-22 Saints, full time score 27-26, FC...Pretty amazing and interestingly, first time this season Saints had no Eastmond....

Advertisement