Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INFERNO FAQ- What's going on this Saturday?

Options
  • 03-06-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭

Sorry to sound stupid, but there's a lot of different topics scattered across the board on a lot of different things (not to mention the whole yes/no evo debate and talking about dates for inferno).

If someone a bit more senior in the community can just say what's going on this Saturday, and where (does this inferno yoke happen at XGC or somewhere else?); then it would be a lot easier for newbies like me to be in the know.

MOAR INFO:

SSFIV Casuals start around noon. €5 for use of area/machines (not necessary if you enter tournament). Bring your own controller.

SSFIV Inferno Tournament sign-ups end at 1:30pm, tournament starts shortly after. €15 entry. Bring your own controller.
    Orim wrote:
    1) Should we get 64 attendants, I think pools would be better than groups. I believe that running groups with numbers that large would be infeasible. The pools would be 16 man double elims with the top 4 of each pool going through to the top 16. It would be first come first served with the last couple of people having to play in a play-off group(s) to get into pools.

2) In the case of a double knockout causing a draw game, the game will be scrapped and replayed.

All this takes place at XGC, Lower Liffey St, Dublin (just ignore the guy at the front desk and go upstairs)

Click here for google mapnote for Lower Liffey St

Directions from Heuston:

Get the LUAS from Heuston to Jervis.

Keep walking in the direction the LUAS was heading and take your first right hand turn.

Keep walking down this road and the XGC will be on the right hand side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Inferno Tournament
    XGC Liffey Street Dublin 1
    Casuals @ 12-ish

1st prize = money & evo place (afaik)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Xinkai wrote: »
    Inferno Tournament
    XGC Liffey Street Dublin 1
    Casuals @ 12-ish

1st prize = money & evo place (afaik)

Oh wow, so the Evo thing is definitely going ahead this Saturday?

I'll have to show up for that, even if I have no chance of beating you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'm not 100% of the prizes & don't really care, but...

There's a ranking tournament, there'll be at least 30, possibly 40 people there who all want to play SFIV, and will.

There will be groups you'll be in. You may or may not get out of them.
    Even if you don't, you'll have leveled up your main more then the equivalent of about a month of offline play.

You'll see the best players in Ireland, you'll definitely stick around even if you're knocked out to see the latter stages.

And if you like a pint, there's always a few of them afterwards.

You'll have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

This sounds interesting. Will it be open to the general public?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Yep, it's open to everyone. The more the merrier

• Advertisement

Cool. And do you only play with fight sticks, or is there also joypads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

deathrider wrote: »
    Cool. And do you only play with fight sticks, or is there also joypads?

Bring your own controller of choice.

that's dead on. What about button config? Do you just run on default?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

that's dead on. What about button config? Do you just run on default?

As long as you're not using turbo buttons, you can have whatever button config you like:)

A-Trak wrote: »
    As long as you're not using turbo buttons, you can have whatever button config you like:)

That's great. I usually edit my shoulder buttons to make it more similar to the old SNES versions. Hopefully I can get to Dublin for this. Sounds like it would be great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

It is great craic

@ UberPrinny_Baal fair play for making this thread actually, events like this are all about attracting new players and this threads already proved helpful for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dracucard

ill head to this too. although im still getting to grips with ssf4 it will do me good to see some higher level people play.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

30 to 40 players would be epic. Anyone have a notion of when this might finish up at? Booking train later.

I know there are newer player reading this that might be be a little intimidated at the thought of going up to Inferno 10 to play such high calibur opponents. I sure am! But do attend. I guarantee everyone will arrive home a much better player than before they attended. That's what it's all about.

Even if I lose every game, it will be worth every minute of it.

We should be finished by about six or so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FutureGuy wrote: »
    30 to 40 players would be epic. Anyone have a notion of when this might finish up at? Booking train later.

30- 40 players is average :)

I'm going to have to do something to tidy up some threads, but I think this is good as an Inferno faq for new people, so I will leave it be, and prob change the title slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

30- 40 players is average :)

I'm going to have to do something to tidy up some threads, but I think this is good as an Inferno faq for new people, so I will leave it be, and prob change the title slightly.

Yeh, get the finger out will ya.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Orim wrote: »
    In order to ensure a decent running time for Inferno, I am going to say that registration will end at 1:30 on the day.

To compensate for this, you can text me on the day if you are definitely coming, so I can put you in the draw. Please bear in mind that this will put you in the tournament and you will be counted as paying for tournament.

PM me if you plan on coming but don't have my number.

I'd just like to reiterate this so everyone is aware.

Will spectators be allowed in? Also how much does the tournament cost to enter?

Will spectators be allowed in? Also how much does the tournament cost to enter?

€15 to enter the tournament. Come and watch all you want. Ignore the guy at the desk and just walk up the stairs at the back.

So entry is free if you're not competing?

• Advertisement

If you want to just play casuals it'll be €5.

If you just want to watch, then yes it's free.

If you want to play casual games then its €5.

Dead on, cheers for the info. ReckonI'll take part in the tourament, if I can get to Dublin, but there will more than likely be a mate of mine with me who'll just be spectating.

Hey glad some people found this useful.

I see the casuals start around noon, but what time are the Inferno signups/tournament going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Hey glad some people found this useful.

I see the casuals start around noon, but what time are the Inferno signups/tournament going on?

sign-ups close at 1.30 and the tournament will start shortly after.

Thanks, think I know everything now.

Edited first post accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No its 15 for the whole event , not 5 for casuals then 15 for the tourney.

:D

You're assuming that everyone who comes wants to enter a €15 tournament with pretty stiff competition though right?

That may not be the case.

No I believe he read your OP as €5 entry to the event and then €15 for the tournament. I read it differently but I suppose that's the problem.

To clear things up it is €5 for casuals and €10 for the tournament. However you cannot enter the tournament without paying the €5 casual fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xXbacchusXx

sup lads i'll be there once i'm not too hungover are the lads from the north

Advertisement